2018 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: August 30 to November 12, 2018

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by crazy4wdw, Mar 12, 2018.

1. KrazeeK120

KrazeeK120 DIS Veteran

I know we are late in the festival, but I was there on Thursday and thought I’d throw some opinions out there...

Husband had:
    Crab cake @ Coastal Eats - thought it was good
    Beef brisket poutine @ Refreshment Port - thought it was excellent
    Lamb meatball @ New Zealand - thought it was good
    Pasta gratin @ Germany - thought it was good
    Crispy pork belly @ Brazil - liked it but thought the portion size was too small
    Croissant aux escargot @ France - liked it but thought there was too much bread
    Guinness Baileys Shake @ Ireland - thought it was excellent
    He also had the following beers:
    Flight @ Craft Drafts
    Barbossa Ale @ Flavors from Fire
    Coopers Brewery Original Pale Ale @ Australia
    Flight @ Brewer’s Collection
    Mmmhops @ Fife & Drum
    Flight @ Belgium
    He enjoyed all of them.

I had:
    Croissant Doughnut w/chocolate hazelnut cream @ Taste Track - this sounds silly, but it may be the best thing I’ve ever eaten. I love chocolate hazelnut and this thing had a lot of it!
    Loaded Mac & cheese @ Active Eats - a little spicy, good but nothing special
    Liquid Nitro Chocolate Almond Truffle @ Chocolate Studio - excellent
    Maple Bourbin Cheesecake @ Cheese Studio - split with husband - we both liked it
    Butternut Squash Ravioli @ Wine & Dine Studio - good
    Marinated Chicken @ Thailand - very good
    Apple Strudel @ Germany - good
    Teriyaki Chicken Bun @ Japan - I liked it, but it wasn’t the most inspired dish
    Belgian waffle w/berry compote @ Belgium - good, but nothing to write home about

We split several of these dishes with our son (almost 3) and he had a great time eating with us! I wish we’d had more time, but it was a fairly short trip and we only had 1 day at Epcot. It was our first time at the festival and we had a lot of fun trying the food!

2. Araminta18

Araminta18 DIS Veteran

I feel like Taste Track was a sleeper hit booth--we had the chocolate marshmallow donut with chocolate gelato and it was *amazing*. Much better than I expected.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. KrazeeK120

KrazeeK120 DIS Veteran

I was actually at Epcot by myself for awhile in the evening - my son goes to bed around 7:30 and my husband and I took turns going out at night. I rode Test Track and then really wanted something sweet, so I stopped and got the cronut. I sat on a bench by myself in the dark with my cronut. I’m sure I looked like a real winner but I was so happy. Lol.

5. Araminta18

Araminta18 DIS Veteran

Right there with ya sister--I was sitting on the curb in front of the restrooms, eating my donut with gelato and getting it ALL over my face. Winners, both of us :D :rotfl2:

6. randumb0

randumb0 Party at Mickey's

3 Things:

1. There are still cutting boards available. My wife picked up hers today.

2. I forgot all about the cronuts since I never ride Test Track. That stand is kind of hidden.

3. Kids are given a Krusteaz t shirt and Krusteaz wisk for attending the Jr Chef event

gottalovepluto, afan and KirbyLouWho like this.
  7. holcomb-mania

holcomb-mania DIS Veteran

Our experience was the exact opposite. Last year we arrived on 10/29 and crowds were manageable. This year we went Columbus Day week and the crowds were terrible. I recommend if you go early October go the week after Columbus Day week. So mid-October. :)

8. SuJo

SuJo Mouseketeer

I believe it took the whole 3 hours, its hard to say as after a while you don't really care about time :)

KirbyLouWho and Dis_Yoda like this.
  9. SuJo

SuJo Mouseketeer

We were there for Columbus Day weekend and I have to agree the crowds were very high for the entire weekend and Monday.

10. TeresaWen

TeresaWen DIS Veteran

We were there October 9 - 22. Epcot was crazy crowded. But strangely the lines for the booths were not bad. It was also about 1,000 degrees. The heat really cut down on our, let’s say, snacking. We actually came home with funds on our gift cards. Very tough finding a spot in the shade.

Spent way more time in the resort pool than we usually do. I’ll say it again. It was HOT.

We had a great time even with the weather. Enjoyed the three events we booked (Italian Regional Lunch, French Family meal, Mediterranean pairing) two fabulous dinners - Narcoossee’s & BOG and lots of champagne & snacks on our porch.

Haley R, Tess and patster734 like this.
  11. Deb & Bill

Deb & Bill DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

We arrived the day before Columbus Day and had no problems all week long. And all we did was Food & Wine. To us, the crowds were just normal crowds, nothing big.

12. Haley R

Haley R With all the strength of a raging fire

I thought the same about the food booth lines. There were so many people but no one in line for food

13. TeresaWen

TeresaWen DIS Veteran

Not having the sampler tickets this year really did change our booth visits. I refuse to spend $16 on the sparkling wine and without that we spent less time in Epcot and more time in our villa drinking our own champagne

14. Tess

Tess DIS Veteran - 1997

We did very little drink sampling at the kiosks for this very reason! In fact, our alcohol consumption while at F&W was down considerably but when we did grab a cocktail, it was a full size one from one of the regular counter service places or bars.

gottalovepluto and TeresaWen like this.
  15. TeresaWen

TeresaWen DIS Veteran

Yes! We went to tutto gusto, spice road table, & bars on the boardwalk and in the swan & dolphin

Tess likes this.
  16. dachsie

dachsie DIS Veteran

My friend just got back today and messaged me that he was in a Food and wine coma. LOL He and his wife really enjoyed it

17. randumb0

randumb0 Party at Mickey's

I attended the event today and the event ended around 4. Man o man were the drinks flowing.

Dis_Yoda and gottalovepluto like this.
  18. Gryhndmom

Gryhndmom Can't I just live at Disney ?

Oh we were there mid October this year and the crowds were insane even during the week as a lot of people we talked to said schools are doing “fall breaks” throughout October.

I was soooo looking forward to the Mac and cheese and pumpkin chai drinks....both left me disappointed and wanting the recipes from 2017 brought back. Didn’t care for the chocolate pumpkin drink mix with the vodka floating on top and thought the Mac and cheese was too spicy this year.

gottalovepluto likes this.
  19. DVC-Don

DVC-Don DIS Veteran

Past two days, Oct 31 & Nov 1, we were there about 11:30 AM for an hour and a half. No lines to any of the booths to speak of. We just graze a bit for lunch and then depart.

gottalovepluto likes this.
  20. disney4us2002

disney4us2002 Tagless by choice!!

Is there a map of the available samplings, food & drinks? It appears there is one in the iphone app but I didn't see one here in the thread that I could download. We're going for the first time in 2019 and just planning ahead as much as possible. If there isn't one on this thread, is there anything that they hand out at Epcot to guide you thru the various offerings?

21. dachsie

dachsie DIS Veteran

Disney food blog has a map and all the other info.