2018 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: August 30 to November 12, 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s a dilemma all chefs have. I have a dish with a house blended harissa that is about as spicy as if we had made it with black pepper and people still cry sometimes that it is overly spicy. Don’t get me started on the shishitos.

I can't even imagine, especially as people's tastes change over time. I have had all of the dishes mentioned here as 'spicy' this year at the festival, and I didn't find a single one of them even remotely hot, a couple years ago I doubt that would have been my answer, as I can tell that my spice tolerance has gone up significantly in the past two years.

WDWNT reporting they are out of the cute cups as prizes for the Remy hide and squeak and handing out “koozies” instead.

https://twitter.com/wdwnt/status/1052290450332233728?s=21
I am SOOO glad I made sure to get them all while I was there week before last. I had to hunt down the Remy cup since most redemption spots were already out of them. Was going to wait to get the Mickey & Minnie cups during my November trip but past experience convinced me to grab them all while I saw them available.

Also curious to know if the Koozies are available with all four characters but I've never used one so I'm glad I got the cups.

No they have 4 different types. I remember seeing a Mickey and Minnie but I dont remember the third
Oh okay. Well that’s better than nothing but I just don’t use koozies. We have a drawer full because pretty much all of my cousins hand them out at their weddings (and I have a lot of cousins).

Oh okay. Well that’s better than nothing but I just don’t use koozies. We have a drawer full because pretty much all of my cousins hand them out at their weddings (and I have a lot of cousins).

I'm with you. I was a little disappointed when I saw that they didn't have the cups

Any one have any experience with the Junior Chef experience? I haven't been able to find anything on this other than it exists.

TIA

From the beginning, Sept 14 and 15th, and October 2 and 3rd..... strategy, I start in a different direction each day, right Active Eat, Coastal etc., Hawaii, Canada, then the next, Mexico etc.. Quit at 1 or 2 come back at 5-6, and I only do desserts at night.
THANKS for your reviews on your favs! Sounds yummy!::yes:::banana:

My mom and I got back from a quick three day trip end of September. Just wanted to say we had a blast. We had never done Food and Wine before and didn't really 'plan' anything. We stayed at Beach Club, so we just walked over to Epcot when we felt like it. We did sign up for a wine seminar (online back in June). I couldn't find out online if they were serving whites or reds or a combo. I cannot drink red (migraines). We went to the Festival Center and found out the wine for our seminar would be all reds. I mentioned I can't have reds and without another word they refunded me the cost. Highlight of the trip was having dinner at Morimoto Asia at Disney Springs - and guess what - Chef Morimoto was there! People were walking right by him!! He came over to our area and we got photos and a signed napkin. He was great!! The food there was amazing and I highly recommend it. If you can, get a table 'upstairs.' Food is so subjective, I'm sure things we loved others would not and visa versa. But even dishes that we tried that we didn't 'love' we thought objectively were good. I was really nervous the food would be 'bad' - small portions, super salty, or just blah. We were so happy with everything! A surprise love - the specialty drinks at the joffery's booth (we got the one by England). Didn't expect to find a tasty alcoholic beverage at a joffery's cart, but we decided to try it. Delicious! (And they asked me if I wanted a 'double'! Not at 10am, thanks!) We found plenty of seating and plenty of shade. The lobster roll was very good as was the slider. I tried the spam hash and just didn't care for it. Wine flight at Spain was also a surprise hit. We had such a great time we are planning on going again next fall. My mom is not a really a "Disney person" and she was shocked how much she enjoyed it. :)

I enjoy it too, I live close, so I've gone twice already. I have to make sure to try the Fritto Misto in November!
Bill got that when we were there two weeks ago. It had lots of shrimp, maybe ten, plus the deep fried sweet potato and zucchini. If I hadn't already been so stuffed, I would have gotten one, too.

WDWNT reporting they are out of the cute cups as prizes for the Remy hide and squeak and handing out “koozies” instead.

https://twitter.com/wdwnt/status/1052290450332233728?s=21

Mumble Grumble Mumble Grumble. Don't hate me but being a Californian and only having my first WDW trip 11 years ago I don't get figment. I was excited for a Remy Cup. Not a fan of Figment. Oh well might still do the quest and give the koozie to a friend who collects Figment

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter