2018 Disney Dining Plan Prices & General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright - Fat kid question...

My wife and I have the Deluxe Dining Plan and are going to eat at Flying Fish. In order to try even more amazing food on the menu can we utilize 3 credits (essentially 6 credits total) and purchase another drink, app, entree, and desert?

OM NOM NOM!

Realize this is an older post but I just saw it now and thought I would respond. I have often ordered multiple apps and at times they have offered to me if I wanted to use another dining credit. They left it up to me. Also, I can also tell you that as a long-time user of the Deluxe Dining plan, and one who has again often ordered multiple apps, maybe even desserts and cocktails, sometimes magical things happen when they compute my bill that is quite amazing. I'm usually a solo diner but anyway, it's like somehow the computer can't quite handle all the things I order and the waiters are often surprised to happily tell me this or that extra thing I have ordered is actually no charge!

That's right, often, the extra soup or salad or cheese app I have ordered I have not had to pay out of pocket for, with the deluxe dining plan. It doesn't happen EVERY time but it happens often enough on my multiple trips I have taken over the last 5 years. Often enough, even with ordering like 3 apps, I only ended up paying for the liquor. And I didn't have to use extra dining credits or anything. It was just how the computer tabulated everything. And it was with the magic band as well and before that, too.

I don't know how or why this pixie dust keeps happening to me, but I am always eternally grateful.

i'm sorry if i missed this, but what is the current price for the Deluxe Dining Plan? When i called and asked about prices, i only got price for Dining plan (told $78) because i didn't think Deluxe was a good option at the time. The mousesavers newsletter states the price might go up on 2/21. so i am trying to make final decision today

The prices in post #1 are accurate as of right now.

Quick Dining Plan
$52.50 per person per night ages 10+ (+$4.31 versus 2017)
$21.75 per person per night ages 3-9 (+$0.76 versus 2017)

Regular Dining Plan
$75.49 per person per night ages 10+ (+$6.13 versus 2017)
$25.75 per person per night ages 3-9 (+$0.81 versus 2017)

Deluxe Dining plan
$116.25 per person per night ages 10+ (+$9.57 versus 2017)
$39.99 per person per night age 3-9 (+$1.24 versus 2017)

so do you know why they told me 78 and 28? they told my husband the same thing the day before when he called for an unrelated issue

Realize this is an older post but I just saw it now and thought I would respond. I have often ordered multiple apps and at times they have offered to me if I wanted to use another dining credit. They left it up to me. Also, I can also tell you that as a long-time user of the Deluxe Dining plan, and one who has again often ordered multiple apps, maybe even desserts and cocktails, sometimes magical things happen when they compute my bill that is quite amazing. I'm usually a solo diner but anyway, it's like somehow the computer can't quite handle all the things I order and the waiters are often surprised to happily tell me this or that extra thing I have ordered is actually no charge!

That's right, often, the extra soup or salad or cheese app I have ordered I have not had to pay out of pocket for, with the deluxe dining plan. It doesn't happen EVERY time but it happens often enough on my multiple trips I have taken over the last 5 years. Often enough, even with ordering like 3 apps, I only ended up paying for the liquor. And I didn't have to use extra dining credits or anything. It was just how the computer tabulated everything. And it was with the magic band as well and before that, too.

I don't know how or why this pixie dust keeps happening to me, but I am always eternally grateful.

That's pretty awesome! We ended up not doing this but were able to exchange our dessert for a soup or salad a few nights which was nice.

so do you know why they told me 78 and 28? they told my husband the same thing the day before when he called for an unrelated issue

Information from phone cast members is notoriously unreliable, and Disney doesn't officially publish the dining plan prices independently of package pricing. So it could be an honest mistake. Or it could be an actual price increase that no one has reported back on here on the boards because the pricing structure is so opaque that it is easy to miss an increase or inaccuracy, especially since tickets just went up so any mismatch between expected and actual price (for those travelers savvy enough to know what the expected price should be) might be attributed to that.

As Colleen27 said, it sounds like a CM just giving the numbers they remembered off the top of their head. They're not that far off from the real numbers, so close enough for me to think the CM just remembered incorrectly.

I just did a check, and the cost of the dining plans has not changed from what is posted above. I would be really surprised if they did an increase in the next few days as the price just went up the first of January. That would be one of the quickest increases they've had yet.

So if I want to add the DDP to my one night stay at the AKL, DVC stay, how long do I have to add it before we leave? And if by chance I were to change my mind, how long would I have to cancel it before we leave? Thanks so much!

So if I want to add the DDP to my one night stay at the AKL, DVC stay, how long do I have to add it before we leave? And if by chance I were to change my mind, how long would I have to cancel it before we leave? Thanks so much!

If you are renting points, you'll pay the owner and you need to ask them how far in advance for adding and deleting. If you're the owner, then it's a little easier. You have to add at least 48 hrs in advance, and I would assume, you have to cancel in the same time frame.

If you are renting points, you'll pay the owner and you need to ask them how far in advance for adding and deleting. If you're the owner, then it's a little easier. You have to add at least 48 hrs in advance, and I would assume, you have to cancel in the same time frame.
Thanks, ya I will be the owner, so that sounds good.

I have a question, is there a thread that describes what food choices are on the DDP at MK. I would hate to walk from restaurant to restaurant to see who and what is on the DDP.

I have a question, is there a thread that describes what food choices are on the DDP at MK. I would hate to walk from restaurant to restaurant to see who and what is on the DDP.

There are several places you can see actual menus. Disney's own site has them, but it's not as user friendly as others.

Here are some other sites:

wdwinfo.com
allearsnet.com
disneyfoodblog.com

I have a general question about the refillable mugs. It's been a while since I've done the dining plan and I don't remember when you get the mugs. We will be arriving late at night and I don't know if any of my resorts shops will be open. I would like the mugs first thing AM for coffee. Any idea?

I have a general question about the refillable mugs. It's been a while since I've done the dining plan and I don't remember when you get the mugs. We will be arriving late at night and I don't know if any of my resorts shops will be open. I would like the mugs first thing AM for coffee. Any idea?

You can pick them up whenever (well, whenever the shop or food court is open) at any resort.

Full*, official participating restaurants list: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/m...ld/en_us/PDF/Jan_2018_DDP_Locations_added.pdf

* This does not include locations that only have snack credits but not full meals. You'll just have to watch for the purple DDP logo when using those.

This is awesome! So Maji pool bar does now have QS according to this. I've been hearing conflicting reports on that. Any chance you may know where to find a link to last years list?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!