2018 Disney Dining Plan Prices & General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless they limit drinks to one per ID of course
Haha, yes of course. We usually split 2 between my DH, my DS (he’s only 3), and myself. We will also have a 5 month old next trip, so will take lots of breaks. This pregnant lady can’t wait for her beer next summer haha!!

Quick Dining Plan
$52.50 per person per night ages 10+ (+$4.31 versus 2017)
$21.75 per person per night ages 3-9 (+$0.76 versus 2017)

Regular Dining Plan
$75.49 per person per night ages 10+ (+$6.13 versus 2017)
$25.75 per person per night ages 3-9 (+$0.81 versus 2017)

Deluxe Dining plan
$116.25 per person per night ages 10+ (+$9.57 versus 2017)
$39.99 per person per night age 3-9 (+$1.24 versus 2017)

*Estimates based upon comparing prices with and without the dining plans and divided by the number of adults/children per room, and then by the number of nights. Rounded to the nearest penny.
This is awful. We have gotten the ddp every year for the past 9 years. When on vacation i di not wa t to think about cooking. We are not drinkers so now i have to rethink how i do doing. Purhaps TIW will be the best option for my family

This is awful. We have gotten the ddp every year for the past 9 years. When on vacation i di not wa t to think about cooking. We are not drinkers so now i have to rethink how i do doing. Purhaps TIW will be the best option for my family

There are also great non-alcoholic premium choices. I like having the option of enjoying a premium beverage with a premium meal. The cost went up less than a premium beverage would have cost, in most cases, and the prices would have gone up anyway.

Has anyone looked at drink menus at restaurants lately? I’ve never ordered with a meal in the past, I more grab a cocktail or 2 wandering the worlds. I’m allergic to Californian wine and was wondering if anyone noticed if wine lists were mostly made up of Californian wine. I’ve tried looking up menus and it just says “a variety of wine” tia

Has anyone looked at drink menus at restaurants lately? I’ve never ordered with a meal in the past, I more grab a cocktail or 2 wandering the worlds. I’m allergic to Californian wine and was wondering if anyone noticed if wine lists were mostly made up of Californian wine. I’ve tried looking up menus and it just says “a variety of wine” tia

It depends on the restaurant. Disney's standard wine list is sort of heavy on California wines, but you can expect to find at least a couple other choices. Many TS locations have more extensive wine lists which are somewhat matched to the theme of the restaurant, ex. several French wines at Be Our Guest or an excellent selection of African wines at Jiko.

The only places you might have trouble are quick service locations because the ones that do serve wine tend not to have many options. I seem to remember a few places that only had a cabernet and a chardonnay, both from the same grocery-store quality California winery. You're better off with the beer menu in those cases.

It depends on the restaurant. Disney's standard wine list is sort of heavy on California wines, but you can expect to find at least a couple other choices. Many TS locations have more extensive wine lists which are somewhat matched to the theme of the restaurant, ex. several French wines at Be Our Guest or an excellent selection of African wines at Jiko.

The only places you might have trouble are quick service locations because the ones that do serve wine tend not to have many options. I seem to remember a few places that only had a cabernet and a chardonnay, both from the same grocery-store quality California winery. You're better off with the beer menu in those cases.

Thank you! I’ll just drink in Epcot and beer else where but I’m Canadian so I’m pretty picky on my beer!

Where do I find the list of quick service restaurants (counter service) for 2018? I am trying to figure out where to eat at quick service at Disney Spring?

Will all quick service restaurants (counter service) now have milkshakes plus soda or will it only be certain counter service restaurants or table service will have the milkshakes, not interested in beer/alcohol drinks?

Where do I find the list of quick service restaurants (counter service) for 2018? I am trying to figure out where to eat at quick service at Disney Spring?

Will all quick service restaurants (counter service) now have milkshakes plus soda or will it only be certain counter service restaurants or table service will have the milkshakes, not interested in beer/alcohol drinks?

As Pumbaa said, use the list from this year; 2018 participants shouldn't change.

As to whether they will have milkshakes at ALL of them, I doubt it. Their menus probably won't change, so just because you're allowed a specialty drink, doesn't mean you'll get one. Even if they have one on the menu now, doesn't mean you'll get it with the DDP if they are a third party restaurant.

We will be staying at WDW starting Dec.30 and then through into Jan. Does anyone know if we will start with the 2017 plan and then it switches to the 2018 plan (ie alcohol included) or will it be the 2017 plan our entire stay? Just curious! Thanks

We will be staying at WDW starting Dec.30 and then through into Jan. Does anyone know if we will start with the 2017 plan and then it switches to the 2018 plan (ie alcohol included) or will it be the 2017 plan our entire stay? Just curious! Thanks

It should be the plan you check in with? Mebbe?

I don't think the restaurants have any way to determine when you arrived or which plan you booked. You should be charged the 2017 price, but my guess is, starting Jan 1, you'll be able to get the specialty drinks. When the plans changed last year to no dessert at QS and 2 snacks, everyone got dessert AND 2 snacks until Jan 15. At that point, they knew anyone who was on DDP had the 2017 plan.

That would be fantastic if that is what happens sharonabe! We aren't big drinkers but it would be nice to try a few, and the kids could have the specialty shakes/drinks too! Thanks

I don't think the restaurants have any way to determine when you arrived or which plan you booked. You should be charged the 2017 price, but my guess is, starting Jan 1, you'll be able to get the specialty drinks. When the plans changed last year to no dessert at QS and 2 snacks, everyone got dessert AND 2 snacks until Jan 15. At that point, they knew anyone who was on DDP had the 2017 plan.

We are staying Jan 1-9. Our original plans were Dec 31-Jan 8 and at that time I was told by several CM's that we would be on the 2017 dining plan for our entire stay if our plan began in 2017. We WANTED the drinks that were included with the 2018 plan and were advised we would have to make our trip with two separate reservations (Dec 31 and a reservation and then Jan 1-8 on another) if we wanted the 2018 plan to begin on Jan 1. I just didn't want anyone disappointed if it didn't automatically switch. But again, who really knows WHAT will happen!! :confused3

We are staying Jan 1-9. Our original plans were Dec 31-Jan 8 and at that time I was told by several CM's that we would be on the 2017 dining plan for our entire stay if our plan began in 2017. We WANTED the drinks that were included with the 2018 plan and were advised we would have to make our trip with two separate reservations (Dec 31 and a reservation and then Jan 1-8 on another) if we wanted the 2018 plan to begin on Jan 1. I just didn't want anyone disappointed if it didn't automatically switch. But again, who really knows WHAT will happen!! :confused3

I think that is definitely the official line that you will get anytime you ask. But in the stores themselves, they have no way to know whether you checked in during 2017 or 2018, so they will have to give you the more advantageous plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter