2018 Bounce Back released today!!

I just got back from WDW and said I would post my experience. The first day I tried to call the system was down for several hours. When it was finally back up I called from my cell since I was in the parks, I was on hold for at least 30 minutes before getting through. The agent I got insisted that you could NOT book a second room for another party, if we wanted two rooms my name had to be on one and my husband's on the other as we were the two people on our current reservation. Since my first choice resort was not available for bounceback, I didn't bother arguing with him since I just needed to know what was available and would call back later to book.

I called back the next morning from my room as soon as the phone lines opened. As soon as I said I wanted to book 2 rooms she said "You do realize that you and your husband can be on the same reservation and the second room can be in another name, right?" Hallelujah! When I explained that the agent from the previous day did not know the policy, she said that when hold times are long the overflow calls go to the regular line. And the agents on the regular line are not aware of the policy. Only the bounceback department is aware. A ha!! So I must have gotten a regular line agent the day before. (another clue that I had a regular agent was that they asked me what the bounceback offer was!) Not sure if I got the regular agent because I called the 1-800 number of if it's because hold times were so long due to a several-hour-system-outage, but I'm assuming it's the latter.

Moral of the story - call from your room when the phone lines open (8am) to have the best chance of getting an agent that knows about the new policy. :)
Thank you for finally putting the last piece of the puzzle together. So now we know. This is great info. Unfortunately I don't know when I'll be using a bounce back since I'm staying with my new DVC purchase.

Question???

We will be there in a few days and will take advantage of the BB offer. Its just DH, DD(8mos) and me, however, we are maybe wanting to add a person (not an extra room) to the BB that is not on our current resssie, will this be allowed?

Question???

We will be there in a few days and will take advantage of the BB offer. Its just DH, DD(8mos) and me, however, we are maybe wanting to add a person (not an extra room) to the BB that is not on our current resssie, will this be allowed?
Yes, it's my understanding that you can change the BB reservation to be different room guests or to different dates, as long as the lead person on the room, probably you or your husband's name) doesn't change. If you want to change your dates afterwards, the new dates have to be part of what is offered in the original BB offer.

So, for example, if you want to make a BB reservation for 1 room, under your name, with your husband and DD as guests, for a time when they are offering the Free Dining, you can change your dates to another time that is also part of the Free Dining BB offer, and change the other guest names (but not yours as lead), or even add an additional person to the reservation, as long as the room accommodates the total number you now have. If this isn't correct, or I've misstated something, I'm sure someone else will chime in, but you could also ask when you book your BB if you still have the question.

Let us know what the current offer is, and what the dates are for that offer. I'm hoping for a RO discount for early March.

Yes, it's my understanding that you can change the BB reservation to be different room guests or to different dates, as long as the lead person on the room, probably you or your husband's name) doesn't change. If you want to change your dates afterwards, the new dates have to be part of what is offered in the original BB offer.

So, for example, if you want to make a BB reservation for 1 room, under your name, with your husband and DD as guests, for a time when they are offering the Free Dining, you can change your dates to another time that is also part of the Free Dining BB offer, and change the other guest names (but not yours as lead), or even add an additional person to the reservation, as long as the room accommodates the total number you now have. If this isn't correct, or I've misstated something, I'm sure someone else will chime in, but you could also ask when you book your BB if you still have the question.

Let us know what the current offer is, and what the dates are for that offer. I'm hoping for a RO discount for early March.

I will definitely be asking these questions when I book next week. Will update when booked! Thanks

Question???

Yes you can do this. I actually just this September. I cheanged people and dates. The lead person can not change and the dates still need to fall in the original offer dates.

WOW!!! We are heading to WDW in 2 weeks for a short vacay, staying at POFQ. We have our honeymoon booked for 9/2-9/8/2018 staying at the POLY does anyone know if they offer a bounce back staying at a different hotel?

I believe that the bounce backs would be for any other of the same TYPE of resort, rather than specific resort. So if you book a BB while you are staying at POFQ, you could book it for any POFQ or any other moderate, but not a Deluxe or Value.

I'm sure someone will correct is this isn't true....but that's how I remember it.

Bounce Back is good for any resort that is available with the offer. I've made BB reservations that were in a different category and a different season than the one I was currently staying at. You just call and give them an idea of what you'd like and when and they give you a quote.

Bounce Back is good for any resort that is available with the offer. I've made BB reservations that were in a different category and a different season than the one I was currently staying at. You just call and give them an idea of what you'd like and when and they give you a quote.
OOPS, you are right...I was thinking of when we ended up with a COMP day - it had to be used on the same category of resort we had stayed at. DUH...SORRY!!

The BB offer is still limited to FD right now I know, but have they released any info yet for the Room offer, or will they not until November? I can't remember.

The BB offer is still limited to FD right now I know, but have they released any info yet for the Room offer, or will they not until November? I can't remember.
It should be out any day now if they stick to their usual schedule. We will be there next week and I'll be calling the bounce back number to try and book a room only discount for 2018.

It should be out any day now if they stick to their usual schedule. We will be there next week and I'll be calling the bounce back number to try and book a room only discount for 2018.

Thank you! I thought there was kind of a "crossover" point or overlap for the two offers but couldn't remember the dates last year.

I called today - nothing yet on room only. We check out on Saturday so I will try one more time

I just set a reminder on my phone to book the Bounceback FD offer when we are back at the resort before the MNSSHP next Friday. Scared I'd forget to book it before the FD offer ended.

can you book bounce back offer even before you vacation? I'm staying on site next week at POFQ
No, the system will not allow them to access the bb offer until your reservation shows actual checking in. This is one of the loop holes they closed as people were booking fake reservations to take advantage of some offers.

We're arriving 10/29 - hope a room only BB is released before our departure on 11/4!! However, we did get a 10% off POFQ with one of the other Special Offers, hopefully, we can do better with a BB!!

Booked one night at ASM on our way to dd's Family Weekend st Flagler college just so we could book our FD BB! We booked august 8-15 preferred room CBR and upgraded to the regular DDP

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!