2017 Hilton Head Roll Call

We'll be there next week. How can I get a copy of the activities for next week (in advance)

I have reservations for my spouse and I in mid October. It will be our first time to visit and we plan to spend a day in Charleston and a day in Savannah.

We're here now! It's so beautiful and relaxing...hard to believe you can say relaxing and Disney in the same sentence...hahaha. We're in a 2 BR as we have 4 of our kids with us ages 20 - 27. The room is great.

We flew into Savannah from JFK and spent a few hours there before heading to to the resort. Savannah is a gorgeous city. We ate lunch down on River St. That night we walked across the bridge and ate outside at the bar at the Italian place. It was perfect. Yesterday we hung out at the Coligny Beach area and went to dinner at the Smokehouse...very good! Tonight we have reservations for Skull Creek Boathouse.

We've been to Charleston in the past. That's more of a ride than to Savannah but another beautiful city!

Really thinking about cancelling our late October visit since around three months later, we are gonna buy in. Hmmmm.

You can get reservations at Skull Creek?
IIRC they don't do reservations to the public but will for a resort/concierge at times esp larger parties. We've had a reservation there.

You can get reservations at Skull Creek?

Yes, Maureen, the concierge got them for us. We asked for between 6 and 7pm but could only get us 8:15. We got there at 8:05 and weren't seated until 8:45 or so.

There were six of us and sorry, but none of us understand the hype. It wasn't that great.

I am so disappointed! We were all set to go on our annual thanksgiving trip but no rooms available. Not dvc members. I have never had trouble before. I started looking in May. I can't imagine not being at our favorite place. I know I can already hear you all telling us to join DVC -- we have had a long standing request in w Disney dvc for hhi points and I'm working on the husband on that.

I am so disappointed! We were all set to go on our annual thanksgiving trip but no rooms available. Not dvc members. I have never had trouble before. I started looking in May. I can't imagine not being at our favorite place. I know I can already hear you all telling us to join DVC -- we have had a long standing request in w Disney dvc for hhi points and I'm working on the husband on that.

I'm so sorry. I will recommend that you keep checking the site daily if not several times a day. We were in the same spot for Easter week and ended up finding a studio and a 2 bdr (went with the studio in the end).

Here's a snapshot of DVC availability for a 2 bdr at the moment. You can always check with DVC rental companies like David's.

IMG_6848.PNG

You may want to look into purchasing a resale DVC contract. There are 2 here just as an example. We used this company and just closed on a Boulder Ridge contract a few months ago.

http://www.dvc-resales.com/dvclisting-hilton.cfm

As loyal HHI Thansgivingers for 11 years, I feel for you! You might want to check Member's Cash. What was funny was that one year we were on the waiting list for an extra day for about 4 months, with no luck. In desperation one day, I called and asked about MC. "Oh, yes-we have it on MC!" she said. And in November (at least in previous years), prices were VERY reasonable. But after that, we bought a couple HHI contracts-having that 11 month window really helps at Thanksgiving. The last couple years, CMs there have told us that Thanksgiving week is as busy as the summer.

We finally got to book our first Christmas stay (it's also our first time visiting at all) as DVC members just a couple months ago. We're super excited after hearing all the great things about this resort! We'll be there December 23-31. We're looking for a room for New Year's Eve but haven't been able to find one - yet! :hyper:

We finally got to book our first Christmas stay (it's also our first time visiting at all) as DVC members just a couple months ago. We're super excited after hearing all the great things about this resort! We'll be there December 23-31. We're looking for a room for New Year's Eve but haven't been able to find one - yet! :hyper:

So exciting!! I bet Christmas is magical there!! You will LOVE this resort. It's so special.

We just bought DVC resale (Boulder Ridge) and are hoping our first stay will be here over Easter. Fingers crossed for a 2 bdr at the 7 mo window! We've been twice before and absolutely love the resort.

So exciting!! I bet Christmas is magical there!! You will LOVE this resort. It's so special.

We just bought DVC resale (Boulder Ridge) and are hoping our first stay will be here over Easter. Fingers crossed for a 2 bdr at the 7 mo window! We've been twice before and absolutely love the resort.

I'll be crossing my fingers for you! We were outside the 7 month window by a little when we decided to try for it and that wait was SO nerve-racking. But I got lucky (even with a Studio at Christmas since it's just the two of us) and hopefully so will you!

How quickly do you guys see the week before Easter fill up at the 7 mos mark? We have a wedding on HHI on March 24 and we would love to stay there that weekend. The 7 month mark is soon and we are still in the process of buying dvc. I doubt we will have points until mid or late September, and I'm wondering if it is a possibility at all.

As of right now, there's availability for both one and two BRs for the week before Easter. That kind of surprises me, but pleases me for you. When we went to HHI several years ago, the week before Easter, we had to waitlist. However, that was also when year that the PGA tournament on HHI was the same week, which may have made it busier. But I do remember that on Good Friday, every fish restaurant on the island was PACKED!

As of right now, there's availability for both one and two BRs for the week before Easter. That kind of surprises me, but pleases me for you. When we went to HHI several years ago, the week before Easter, we had to waitlist. However, that was also when year that the PGA tournament on HHI was the same week, which may have made it busier. But I do remember that on Good Friday, every fish restaurant on the island was PACKED!

Thank you! We just passed ROFR, and I was getting nervous about that week since the 7 month mark is today. I went ahead and made a cash reservation just in case. If there is availability when we get our points, I'll book it. If not, I'll rent the points we would have used and pay that way. The resort looks beautiful and we can't wait!

Were you able to get Members Cash? Not sure whether or not you "qualify" yet. In some of the off-season times (I think March might be included), it's really cheaper, at least on weekend, to use MC than your points. We figure a point value of bout $10/point, bigger savings if you figure the points are worth more. And you can book MC at 11 months whether you own there or not. However, remember that MC and points come from different "pots" so you can't book MC at 11 months and switch the same villa to points at 7 months. Just suggesting an option if you REALLY want to stay there, regardless.

Were you able to get Members Cash? Not sure whether or not you "qualify" yet. In some of the off-season times (I think March might be included), it's really cheaper, at least on weekend, to use MC than your points. We figure a point value of bout $10/point, bigger savings if you figure the points are worth more. And you can book MC at 11 months whether you own there or not. However, remember that MC and points come from different "pots" so you can't book MC at 11 months and switch the same villa to points at 7 months. Just suggesting an option if you REALLY want to stay there, regardless.

Oh interesting! I just booked a regular rate room and will hold on to that until we close. Then I will definitely check out doing a MC reservation!

Thanks!

Are we allowed to post DVC swap requests on here? I'm a member of so many FB and other Disney groups and I just can't remember all the different rules. I'm hoping for HHI for Easter but last week of March is filling up and making me very nervous. We own at Boulder Ridge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!