2017 Calendar of Events & School Breaks and DLR

Status
Not open for further replies.

The first MHP (October 13th, Friday) has sold out as of July 28th according to Disney's website.
2017-07-28  2.JPG

We come to DL every May and try to avoid 1/2 marathon, Memorial Weekend, and Grad nites. We planned a trip at the end of May this year, prior to Memorial Day weekend (we thought this would be a good week) but once we had already booked tickets, flights, etc found out that week was the last dates a special So Cal pass could be used so it was pretty crowded with everyone trying to get in their last of 3 visits. Has there been anything like that announced again? I want to avoid if I can.

We come to DL every May and try to avoid 1/2 marathon, Memorial Weekend, and Grad nites. We planned a trip at the end of May this year, prior to Memorial Day weekend (we thought this would be a good week) but once we had already booked tickets, flights, etc found out that week was the last dates a special So Cal pass could be used so it was pretty crowded with everyone trying to get in their last of 3 visits. Has there been anything like that announced again? I want to avoid if I can.
If you look at the Block-Out date calendar for the various AP's it might give you an idea of what to expect.
https://disneyland.disney.go.com/passes/blockout-dates/

This is the special ticket offer for So Cal that affected us this May. It wasn't an AP. Since I don't live in So Cal, I just wondered if there has been any mention of doing it again.

Attention Southern California residents! Get your New Year started with extra happiness at the Disneyland Resort with a special ticket offer!
The Southern California Resident ticket offer* provides flexible options for three days of magic and adventure at special prices. For a limited time, guests may select from these purchase options:

• 3-day ticket with choice of one park per day for $149 – less than $50 per day
  • 3-day Park Hopper ticket for $189
The Southern California Resident tickets include one Magic Morning** early entry to Disneylandpark, which provides an extra hour of play on select days before the park opens to the general public.

Experience all of these attractions and entertainment, along with other beloved experiences at Disneyland and Disney California Adventure parks, with the 3-day Southern California Resident tickets, available for a limited time. Southern California residents must purchase tickets from Jan. 9 through May 22, 2017. Tickets expire after May 25, 2017, and blockout dates apply. Proof of residency is required for purchase and Theme Park admission. For restrictions, visit http://Disneyland.com/SoCal.

Purchase your 3-day Southern California Resident tickets now at Disneyland.com/SoCal and print them at home!

bumping for my trip planning. My husband has to pick all his 2018 vacation in the next 3 days, so I have to use this and apply it to next year the best I can. I love this thread. :thanks::yay:

If you look at the Block-Out date calendar for the various AP's it might give you an idea of what to expect.
https://disneyland.disney.go.com/passes/blockout-dates/
Added Taste of Downtown Disney (Aug 10), a CHOC Benefit.

Another thing to address to this list that might be nice is when Disney cruises are in port. Normal cruises won't really affect this list, but thousands of people on a Disney specific cruise probably would, especially since the cruise line themselves offers a "shore excursion" before or after the cruise to Disneyland! :sail:

Last edited:
Another thing to address to this list that might be nice is when Disney cruises are in port. Normal cruises won't really effect this list, but thousands of people on a Disney specific cruise probably would, especially since the cruise line themselves offers a "shore excursion" before or after the cruise to Disneyland! :sail:
This is a good point. Do you have a link for figment_jii for this information?

To the MOD's why can't this be a sticky up top? It does contain valuable intel for trip planning.

G

Another thing to address to this list that might be nice is when Disney cruises are in port. Normal cruises won't really affect this list, but thousands of people on a Disney specific cruise probably would, especially since the cruise line themselves offers a "shore excursion" before or after the cruise to Disneyland! :sail:
I was able to fairly easy find the listing of when the Disney Cruise line was sailing from San Diego, but I don't know where to look to find out if trips to DLR are included.

Disneyland trips are never included with the cruise, but from the last Disney cruise I went on out of San Diego, you could optionally add on transportation and tickets to Disneyland before or after your cruise.
We didn't (a 7 day cruise was enough for me) But I know quite of few other passengers did. Even passengers that didn't necessarily purchase the "add on" still made trips to Disneyland before or after the cruise because, well....Disneyland!!!

Maybe just put the dates the cruises are out of San Diego and then a blip about crowds possibly being higher the day before the cruise departs and the day after or something like that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter