2017 ABDers! Quick question!

White Rose

DIS Veteran
We are traveling to Germany the end of this month, and are starting our packing lists. Last trip, (2015) we recieved a black with teal zipper duffle bag in our hotel room during ABD S.CA. It compresses very small and is a great "oops we bought too many souvenirs" carry-on for the way home.

In 2015 we received a wonderful pre-departure gift...this year's gift was....much much smaller...and makes me wonder...are they cutting back on this stuff?

Should we should pack our 2015 bag in our luggage like we have for other non-ABD trips?

I've always gotten the duffle bag in my room the first day, including just this past June. The pre-departure gift was underwhelming, but they still do the duffles (although the first couple of years, there'd be stuff in the duffel. A pen, tiny binoculars, a cooldana, hand sanitizer, etc. Just small stuff. None of that any more.)

Sayhello

We received the foldable, collapsable duffle bag on our first day of the Adventure. Having said that, based on our welcome box we assumed nothing else was forthcoming and packed the previous year's duffle into our suitcase to carry souvenirs back home.

We got the duffel too and it had snacks, ponchos, contact info, etc. It was a nice surprise!

We received a duffel bag in our room on our ABD to Ireland in April and, like you, had noticed how much smaller the pre-departure package was compared to previous trips. Hope you have a great trip and looking forward to your comments when you're back!

Thank you all for confirming...We are in "Pre-pack mode" getting those sample size items, last minute purchases, new socks, breaking in walking shoes, confirming all the travel arrangements etc. we leave in one week!!

We came in a day early...no duffle. Maybe tomorrow.
Yes, the times I've done a pre-day, the duffle has not showed up until the actual first day of the ABD. I have a suspicion the Guides are in charge of those, not the hotel.

Enjoy Germany and your ABD!!

Sayhello

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter