2014 Weddings!!

What month are you getting married in 2014?

• January

• February

• March

• April

• May

• June

• July

• August

• September

• October

• November

• December

Results are only viewable after voting.
Hubby and I are renewing our vows on the 23rd October :) not having a big affair, just a small ceremony with family and a few friends. Dinner at Ohana and hallowishes from Poly Beach. Rev Tim Herring is officiant and Randy is doing the pictures!

When I first posted in this forum my wedding was to be in December of 2014, now we're looking at October 15th of 2014! Our date, times, and venues and held for us right now until we start the approval process in one month, and after that we contract! Sue wants us contracted by April 1st! So excited that after all this time, we're like seven and a half months away!!

Excuse the double post but I have been checking up on Magic Kingdom portrait sessions around the time of our wedding and got some potentially useful info - Disney Fine Art Photography are currently unable to book any MK Bridal Portrait Sessions from November 23rd through December 11th 2014. This is a block out period, it hasn't been booked. These dates can change and be extended so if your wedding falls in/around that period and you want a Magic Kingdom Bridal Portrait Session you might need to consider having it somewhat removed from your big day!

Thank you, sir! We were pretty sure we wouldn't be able to get our photos around that time...and it seems that's the case. We WILL be in WDW after the 11th of December (the wedding in December 8th), but we're super hesitant about having a session in December. Two reasons:

1. I am going to starve myself to fit into a wedding dress (not literally--but I will be attempting to lose weight in a HEALTHY way...which includes no fun junk food). After the wedding--I have a feeling that all the stuff I had not been able to eat in Disney up to the wedding date (we'll be in Florida almost a full week before the actual wedding day), I will probably eat that stuff. As a result, I may not feel my prettiest after the 11th in a wedding dress. :)

2. I may have mentioned this in a previous post that you and I were discussing about going BACK to WDW after your wedding, since they'll let you do the portrait session up to a year later. If you haven't seen Carrie Hayward's MK portrait session...you should. It's a combination of a BAD photographer and BAD lighting. They're totally unacceptable. The fiance and I have decided that the lighting was probably a big part of it...and her pictures were in February (at like 5 or 6 AM...when they do the portrait sessions). So....we've decided that if we still opt for the MK shoot....which we probably will...we want to go back at some other time during the year when the sun rises a little earlier. There's only so much you can do with a bad photographer--but good lighting will help it a bit!

Tiffiny

When I first posted in this forum my wedding was to be in December of 2014, now we're looking at October 15th of 2014! Our date, times, and venues and held for us right now until we start the approval process in one month, and after that we contract! Sue wants us contracted by April 1st! So excited that after all this time, we're like seven and a half months away!!

How fun...you'll only be 11 days after my daughter's wedding or like 234 days from now. Hers is set for the Wedding Pavilion with the reception and cocktail hour at the GF on Oct 4th. We have the big blitz planning/tasting session etc...on March 21st :-)scared1:) Happy planning!

Thank you, sir! We were pretty sure we wouldn't be able to get our photos around that time...and it seems that's the case. We WILL be in WDW after the 11th of December (the wedding in December 8th), but we're super hesitant about having a session in December. Two reasons:

1. I am going to starve myself to fit into a wedding dress (not literally--but I will be attempting to lose weight in a HEALTHY way...which includes no fun junk food). After the wedding--I have a feeling that all the stuff I had not been able to eat in Disney up to the wedding date (we'll be in Florida almost a full week before the actual wedding day), I will probably eat that stuff. As a result, I may not feel my prettiest after the 11th in a wedding dress. :)

2. I may have mentioned this in a previous post that you and I were discussing about going BACK to WDW after your wedding, since they'll let you do the portrait session up to a year later. If you haven't seen Carrie Hayward's MK portrait session...you should. It's a combination of a BAD photographer and BAD lighting. They're totally unacceptable. The fiance and I have decided that the lighting was probably a big part of it...and her pictures were in February (at like 5 or 6 AM...when they do the portrait sessions). So....we've decided that if we still opt for the MK shoot....which we probably will...we want to go back at some other time during the year when the sun rises a little earlier. There's only so much you can do with a bad photographer--but good lighting will help it a bit!

Tiffiny

Yeah that's a great point about feeling pretty when it comes time to do the portraits! That's something we're worried about too, we're both training for a half marathon so we will ideally be in our best ever shape when we arrive, but that'll be before about three weeks of burgers! Sure, we could eat better while we're there but where's the fun in that?! Go to Disney and not have Mickey Waffles?! It's good the parks require so much walking, lessens the calorie damage a little and we intend to go out for runs most mornings but we'll just see how often that actually happens after the race itself is over.

And nope I hadn't seen that MK session before - all I've seen is the ones that Disney advertise. You know, the amazing ones that are beautifully composed and captured brilliantly at magic hour and probably have more post-production on them than most Pixar films. It was definitely illuminating to see a very real potential result. Jess & I are both film graduates and very serious about photography, if we'd got results like that before we would've been consulting our budget to see if we could afford coming back to Florida to strangle the photographer. Now though, we will go in with significantly lowered expectations and I'm even more glad we have outside photographers. Risking wedding photos of the same quality for portraits that might look like photopass snapshots in the dark is not for us. I hadn't even considered November's natural lighting, of course anywhere around 5-9 months later would be infinitely better so thanks for pointing that out!

I'm really surprised October is the most popular month for disney weddings!!!

And we changed it from December to October because we thought December would be too crowded! Hahaha I guess that means October is just a really great month. ;)

Getting married June 8th, memories at Conch Key at GF and doing the magic kingdom photoshoot that morning. Super duper excited and finished most of everything just need to book hair and makeup (can you believe I almost forgot about that)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!