2014 Weddings!!

What month are you getting married in 2014?

• January

• February

• March

• April

• May

• June

• July

• August

• September

• October

• November

• December

Results are only viewable after voting.
Well, the contract isn't signed yet...but I can say that they are holding all my venues! Barring absolute disaster, I'm getting married December 8, 2014 in the Japan pavilion in Epcot! AHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reception at the Living Seas, and a dessert party in UK Lochside! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so happy I could scream...except I'm still at my work building, so people would look at me funny. :)

Tiffiny

Due to unemployment we had a civil ceremony, and chose to move the celebration wedding to October (we had a lot of family who were worried about winter travel too). Our new date is 10/30/14. We are no longer 2.24.14.

Swan bride - i am new to this site and just working out the terminology i was wondering what a S/D wedding is ?? I am also planning my wedding for the wedding pavillion but have over 20 guests but i do not want to book the wishes collection is this possible ???

Swan bride - i am new to this site and just working out the terminology i was wondering what a S/D wedding is ?? I am also planning my wedding for the wedding pavillion but have over 20 guests but i do not want to book the wishes collection is this possible ???

Magical Day--

If you're a Swan bride...I believe S/D wedding is for "Swan & Dolphin." Those are brides getting married at the Swan & Dolphin hotel. Though the hotel is on Disney property, it is not a wedding through Disney Fairytale Weddings (DFTW, which you'll see referred to a lot on here).

If you're planning on doing the Wedding Pavilion, you can't book that through Swan & Dolphin. You have to go through DFTW. And if you want wedding pavilion--unfortunately, if your guest list is over 20, you will have to go Wishes. The Escape package is for 18 people, plus the couple. Anything over that (19 guests, plus the couple!) is a Wishes wedding. It sucks. My fiance and I tried to do that too (except we wouldn't have done the wedding pavilion--we would have done Canada in Epcot)...but nope. No budging from Disney.

Tiffiny

I forgot to add! If you want 20 or more guests and can live without using the wedding pavilion--the Swan & Dolphin is a GREAT option. We considered it...except we realized the entire reason we want our wedding at Disney is to have it AT DISNEY...not just a hotel next door. Something uniquely Disney.

My personal opinion is that as pretty as the wedding pavilion is, it doesn't scream "This is a Disney location" to me (aside from maybe the carriages on the window and the cool little aisle runners). If I just wanted a pretty chapel though--then I could get married ANYWHERE and just do a honeymoon at Disney. That's why we decided against S/D...pretty location, LOTS cheaper...but not a signature Disney location.

So--it's up to you. If you don't care about having a "uniquely Disney-looking" location, then I really think you could get exactly what you want (except the wedding pavilion) at the Swan & Dolphin for a lot less. They sent me a brochure, and my jaw dropped to the floor for what a better deal they are compared to Disney. You can even still have Mickey and Minnie come to the wedding. AND, in your case--there is no minimum or maximum guest count--so no upgrading to Wishes and paying all the pesky minimums.

I hope you find what's best for you. In all honesty--for me, I'm paying for Wishes because I WANT to be married IN EPCOT. The pavilion is just another dressed up chapel. If you're not concerned about the scenery being "Disney"--go S&D. You'll get more for your money.

Tiffiny

Thank you ... im going to take a look at swan and dolphin ... I do feel i have my heart set on the pavillion but non of the reception venues suit what im looking for . There only me that could be in this dilema !

The pavilion isn't as immersed in disney as a park location but it has it's perks. My daughter ended up booking the wedding pavilion and a ballroom at the gf for a couple reasons. She didn't want a wedding early in the morning (all the theme parks schedule in the mornings) followed by a big gap of time before a reception and didn't want a brunch time reception to get rid of the time gap. She was also concerned about being outside in October. It's usually still hot here but rain can be really hit or miss that time of year. But she still wanted a disney wedding (she has a subtle/elegant beauty and the beast theme planned) Most of our guests are out of town/state so getting to/from airport and then to the resorts and the pavilion is great. Plus we saved on guest transportation by having the reception at the gf. No one can get lost driving and we don't have to provide a bus for them.

The pavilion is breath taking I think it's is a good choice for a more elegant traditional type of ceremony. As it my not scream Disney it still has little Disney touches. The castle will be visible in the background behind the couple in the window during the ceremony and in the back you can take beautiful picture in the arch with the castle behind you. I like that the focus during the ceremony is more on you has a couple then the location so it's good in that way as well. Also it's much more flexible in times and the amount of guest you can have.Me and my DF were going to get married in Magic Kingdom but we didn't think it was right to not invite everyone to the ceremony (being we are having 110 ppl) and the whole reason for a wedding is for the ones you love to be there when you say I do not just the party. We are having cocktail hour at Iosla in Italy during the fireworks and reception at the AAR which we can't use till 9:30pm it would have been way too many hours between the ceremony and reception if we used a park location for the ceremony. You just have to find what works for you, your guest list and the timing of what you want for the day. Also your getting married in Disney so don't think you have to over kill the theme people know where they are they don't need to be surrounded by it ever minute their there. Happy planning :)

The girl from Carol Stream, IL I live lke 30 minutes away from you! I am getting married in Disney 6/21/2014!

As you can see I have been trying to update our wedding date calendar.... Sorry I have been absent so long from the disboard threads.... It seems as though most people have moved over to Facebook groups.

If you are looking to talk more about wedding stuff and you don't see much on here I would suggest contacting a FB group for your needs.

Thank you for being patient while I continue to work on updating wedding dates on here.

At least you have a month! I'm getting married sometime in 2014! Lol! That's about as far as I've gotten. It is impossible to decide, I think I will end up being a slave to availability.

I had posted that we were going to be getting married February 7 at Sea Breeze Point. That has changed and now we are getting married on February 17

God willing, the love of my life and I are getting married October 25, 2014. The contract is on the way. May God bless us all getting married this year!

We're getting married November 18 - Mickey & Minnie's birthday! Seabreeze Point/Backstage Prop Shop

Excuse the double post but I have been checking up on Magic Kingdom portrait sessions around the time of our wedding and got some potentially useful info - Disney Fine Art Photography are currently unable to book any MK Bridal Portrait Sessions from November 23rd through December 11th 2014. This is a block out period, it hasn't been booked. These dates can change and be extended so if your wedding falls in/around that period and you want a Magic Kingdom Bridal Portrait Session you might need to consider having it somewhat removed from your big day!

Getting married May 10th on a local beach, then going to WDW for a portion of our honeymoon. DF has never been to Disney and has no interest in it, so I could only get him to agree to go to Hollywood Studios and EPCOT. I guess that's better than nothing. ;) No idea where we're going to stay yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter