**2011** Epcot Food & Wine Festival HAS ENDED. 2012 Festival 9/28 - 11/11

I just booked my package for next October, and told my agent that I was superexcited for the Food and Wine Festival. She told me that there was an admission fee to attend the festival. She thought it was like $150/day,but that it was worth it for the amenities.

Is this true?

If so, I've got to totally rethink my meal plan.

I thought you could just walk up to the booths if you're on the Epcot grounds, which we'll be doing with our Park Hopper pass.

I thought there were special events that cost extra, but I thought you could purchase food from the booths using your meal plan and other forms of payment.

Please give me the correct story!

Thanks!

you must have a park admission, but there is not any cost to walk around. You pay for each thing at the booths.

I just booked my package for next October, and told my agent that I was superexcited for the Food and Wine Festival. She told me that there was an admission fee to attend the festival. She thought it was like $150/day,but that it was worth it for the amenities.

Is this true?

It sounds to me like the person you were speaking to was talking about the Party for the Senses - that's about what it costs. Yes, there are special events that cost extra, and that is one of them.

There is no extra admission on top of the Epcot admission to visit the World Showcase kiosks. Each food/beverage item at each kiosk has its own price. You pay for them as you go. There is no option to pay one price and eat/drink all you want at the kiosks.

As for the dining plan, that is never official until the start of the festival, but snack credits (and only snack credits) have been accepted for food and non-alcoholic beverage items for the past several years.

Just got back from 7 days at walt disney world!! We had a fantastic trip. We attended the French Regional Lunch on 10/28. I forgot the name of the dessert but I would like to go on record by saying that the dessert they served was hands down the best dessert I ever had in my life!!!! It truly was amazing..We enjoyed the lunch and plan on attending similar events in the future.
Flan aux myrtilles (Blueberries flan)

p66069488-3.jpg

Hope to begin picture & impressions starting tomorrow!

Where were you sitting? I have a couple of "crowd" shots, but they were mostly on the "street" side of the house.

Since the meal plan doesn't cover alcoholic drinks, since the F&W will feature some nice alcoholic specials, can we pay for those with gift cards?

We are so excited for our trip, and since it's during F&W next year, I booked an extra day when I put my deposit down today!

There is nothing like that on the boards to my knowledge. I know there was a suggestion to have one thread for each booth, but the board can't handle 28 separate threads, and there's no way to do a poll with that many options.
it's a shame that the largest disney resource on the web can't handle something like this. i, like many, put alot of stock in the information supplied at wdwinfo and these boards. i think it's the most thorough and trustworthy resource available. no one knows disney like the people here, and that's what makes there opinion the most valuable and needed.
the hits given to this survey....
Check out the food survey at All Ears. They have a survey monkey set-up with all of the festival marketplace offerings. Great info!!
although precise, and helpful, were minimal. certainly dwarfed by the expected response the same survey would receive here on this thread.
i think this is something you should work on and make possible for the the overall benefit of the community here. no doubt it will take some time and initiative, but then again, you do have a whole year until the next festival. if you could, please pass this suggestion on to whomever deals w/ or tackles such projects. i think the response will be worth the effort.
by the way, thank you bconlan for your response. here's a link for anyone else interested: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/5XQF5NK

it's a shame that the largest disney resource on the web can't handle something like this. i, like many, put alot of stock in the information supplied at wdwinfo and these boards. i think it's the most thorough and trustworthy resource available. no one knows disney like the people here, and that's what makes there opinion the most valuable and needed.

although precise, and helpful, were minimal. certainly dwarfed by the expected response the same survey would receive here on this thread.
i think this is something you should work on and make possible for the the overall benefit of the community here. no doubt it will take some time and initiative, but then again, you do have a whole year until the next festival. if you could, please pass this suggestion on to whomever deals w/ or tackles such projects. i think the response will be worth the effort.
by the way, thank you bconlan for your response. here's a link for anyone else interested: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/5XQF5NK

Agreed, I'm sure more could be done...but with hundreds of people responding, I'd think the results are pretty reliable as a directional view of what the masses thought of a given item. Like anything else, tastes vary...but it's a good sample of what to think about when deciding what to order. Results of the survey are here:

Since the meal plan doesn't cover alcoholic drinks, since the F&W will feature some nice alcoholic specials, can we pay for those with gift cards?

We are so excited for our trip, and since it's during F&W next year, I booked an extra day when I put my deposit down today!

Yes. In the first post of this thread there is a list of the methods of payment accepted at the World Showcase kiosks.

Contact wdwinfo and make this suggestion. It may be something they would be interested in adding to the main wdwinfo.com page on the festival, as we can't do it on the message board, and as a volunteer moderator I know I do not have the time to monitor and track something like this, so I know I will not personally be initiating it.

Send an email to contact@wdwinfo.com with the suggestion.

We stood at a table at PFTS on Saturday night that had an extra wine glass! A couple walked away while we were there, and we thought it was theirs. Was sure they would come back for it, it was only about 8:30 at the time. It was a good party, lots of good food, quite a selection of Napa cabs and merlots. Wish I had more capacity, and could have tried some of the whites!

Was the Margarita the Fire Margarita from La Hacienda. Looked like it, but thought it best not to start by mixing drinks!

The Alsace French Regional Lunch on 10/30 was wonderful too, loved the dessert. Might have liked the white chocolate dessert at the Champagne lunch even better. We agreed that the French Luncheons were our favorite thing.

Contact wdwinfo and make this suggestion. It may be something they would be interested in adding to the main wdwinfo.com page on the festival, as we can't do it on the message board, and as a volunteer moderator I know I do not have the time to monitor and track something like this, so I know I will not personally be initiating it.

Send an email to contact@wdwinfo.com with the suggestion.

thank you for this suggestion. unforunately any attempt at contact has resulted in a "mail delivery status failure". i will attempt e-mail contact again tomorrow unless you are aware of this issue and have other instuctions .

Does anyone know who the chefs will be for the final PFTS? Chefs from this week's Sunday and Monday demos were at last week's PFTS. Will it be mostly Disney Chefs? Not sure where else they'd draw from.

thank you for this suggestion. unforunately any attempt at contact has resulted in a "mail delivery status failure". i will attempt e-mail contact again tomorrow unless you are aware of this issue and have other instuctions .

You can try contacting admin@wdwinfo.com and let them know the mail link isn't working too.

Does anyone know who the chefs will be for the final PFTS? Chefs from this week's Sunday and Monday demos were at last week's PFTS. Will it be mostly Disney Chefs? Not sure where else they'd draw from.

I saw posted on Facebook - not sure if this is the or the only special chef, but it's one at least... :-)

Anthony LamasLooking forward to my demo on Thursday at 3:00 and being a participating chef at "Party for the Senses"

The F&W merchandise is discounted now. They still have a wide selection of items, though the Minnie pin seems to be getting scarce.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter