2009 room rates,Huh?

kiaihana

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone, I'm having a situation with my room rates and I am not sure what kind of action / attitude to even take, if any at all. Please, read on and tell me what you would do. Ok, Disney released their room rates for 2009 and they are the same as my "Special" room rates given to my wedding guest. Which are suppose to be at a discount of 10% or more. The Disney 2009 room rates that I am looking at are off of Disney's website and the page explains that the rates are to be consider their Regular Season Rates. Which would mean that anyone going to Disney in September,which is when my wedding is, could expect their rates to be lower than Regular Season because September is a Value season. So, long story short my wedding rates are not really all that special. I don't know what to do, I don't want to look like a pain, but I would like a true discount for my guest, something that they could get a little exited about. It was my best Aunt who pointed this out to me, she booked a boys room for my 3 cousins at the value resort for $69 a night plus tax. ( through Disney) Thats a great deal, I don't even expect disney to gives us that much but, at this point it appears to be nothing. Believe me I did my homework before bringing this up in public, and no one has said I'm reading into in incorrectly. ( But hey if one of you finds a glitch in my reasoning please let me know because then my only problem would be taking my foot out of my mouth!) Has anything like this happened to anyone else? How did you feel about the rates that were given to you? Would anyone like to share their rates? Also, Does anyone know how they decide rates?
Please, I really don't want to seem negative, I just told everyone they would get special rates and now it looks like their not.

Hmm... that doesn't sound right. I don't think it would hurt to talk to your Wedding Consultant (the one who did your room block) and make sure there wasn't some kind of mistake. Your discount should be off the price of Value Season rates if that's when your wedding is.

Our wedding was originally planned for the high season, and we got rates that corresponded. When we switched to Value season, our rates went way down.

(Of course, the Value and Moderate resort discount from DFTW isn't all that hot, but it should be around 10% for Value and a little less than 15% for Moderate.)

Thank you for the info. The way you explained it all made it much simpler than the way I was looking at it. I'm glad your thinking that the rates are connected with your season. I want to re-look at things with my my consultant, but she is out till Tuesday. Oh well, thats probably better anyway. I'm just looking forward to this weekend, we leave tonight to go to Orlando and we are meeting with Rev. Tim to see if he is the one for us.

I would talk to you WC and see what she /he says. Maybe Disney dropped their rates because of the economy and forgot to change their dw guest reservations? I would definitely call though

Jenny

My planner told me that if I ever found a lower rate that I should let him know.

Since we live in Florida, we had several occurances with better rates!
Just keep an eye out. If it's cheaper, I was told they would give that lower rate to your guests, as long as it was still available!

Oooh that's good to know. Did you ever bring a better rate to your
Planners attention?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter