2009 Germany trip reports

Nope. They offered us an 'upgrade' to the Viva Italia Adventure, which is more expensive. We did that instead, but really missed seeing Germany. Maybe next June, if we save our pennies.

We were supposed to go early June, 2009, but it was cancelled 8 weeks before we left.

Wow! Planning on taking the Germany trip next year. That is really crazy they would cancel that close to the trip. Planning on using Mileage Plus miles for the flights. I'm sure we would lose them if they canceled the trip like that.

I'm so sorry to hear that.

Chad

Wow! Planning on taking the Germany trip next year. That is really crazy they would cancel that close to the trip. Planning on using Mileage Plus miles for the flights. I'm sure we would lose them if they canceled the trip like that.

I'm so sorry to hear that.

Chad
If Disney cancels a tour, they cover all the costs (within reason) for the cancellation or change to your trip. So if you use miles, and the airline charges you to re-deposit them, Disney pays that fee. Even if you don't book the flight through them. They really work hard so that you don't have losses from the trip's cancellation. (Obviously, they can't always cover everything, but they try really hard.)

Sayhello

If Disney cancels a tour, they cover all the costs (within reason) for the cancellation or change to your trip. So if you use miles, and the airline charges you to re-deposit them, Disney pays that fee. Even if you don't book the flight through them. They really work hard so that you don't have losses from the trip's cancellation. (Obviously, they can't always cover everything, but they try really hard.)

Sayhello

Yep, I used miles to book my trip and they cancelled it and I had to change flights for the trip I took and ABD paid the change fee.

Sayhello

Yep, I used miles to book my trip and they cancelled it and I had to change flights for the trip I took and ABD paid the change fee.

Okay I feel much better now. I know it is an inconvenience to have to rebook something, but it is good to know they are trying to take care of their customers in the unfortunate cancellation.

Thanks for the comments to my post. I appreciate both of you clearing up my concern.

Chad

Okay I feel much better now. I know it is an inconvenience to have to rebook something, but it is good to know they are trying to take care of their customers in the unfortunate cancellation.

Thanks for the comments to my post. I appreciate both of you clearing up my concern.

Chad
You're very welcome, Chad. I was really surprised, and extremely pleased with how much they bent over backwards to get me on another tour to replace the one they cancelled, and the concessions they made cost-wise so that I wasn't impacted by that. They really acted like they *wanted* me to travel with them. And if it wouldn't have worked out, they were totally willing to fully refund all my money, and reimburse me for my airfare (which I did not book through them). All-in-all a very good experience that made me feel much better about the whole cancelling situation.

Sayhello

Go Bucks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter