2008 Tours

Does anyone know when the 2008 trips will be released...approximately? I am hoping to convince DFiancee to do an ABD for our honeymoon, but cannot really look into convincing him until they have their locations picked out! Any help would be appreciated!

Ltl Mermaid said:
Does anyone know when the 2008 trips will be released...approximately? I am hoping to convince DFiancee to do an ABD for our honeymoon, but cannot really look into convincing him until they have their locations picked out! Any help would be appreciated!

Probably Sept. 07 ... That is when they posted the 07 dates! You can call them to check ... The number is 877-728-7282. If you call ... let us know what they said :)

Stepht5 said:
I agree with you!!! 15dd wants to go in March 2007 for her 16th b-day. I am going to try to talk her into an ABD to Europe -- either England or an Italy one. ANd then if ABD offers a NYC trip we can do that the next year! :thumbsup2

DH & I were hoping to take allt he kids on an ABD to Italy in 2007 but, he just got back last night froma 10 nt Europe trip -- several days in Italy -- and he decided that the streets were not good for our tiny, youngest child. He thought our ds who would be 9 by then might have a difficult time walking for that long, also.

We took our children to Italy when they were 4 and 6 and they did great. They so loved it that they still talk about it and want to go back. They are now 12 and 9

ga9497 said:
We took our children to Italy when they were 4 and 6 and they did great. They so loved it that they still talk about it and want to go back. They are now 12 and 9

I know our kids would love the trip BUT, our youngest dd - she'll be 6 in July '07 -- is very small for her age. And wouldn't be able to keep up with the walking. DH and I neither one want to carry her for long periods. ;) She is only 3ft tall and weighs 30lbs. She is the size of an average 3yr old.
Trips in the US are no problem because we use a stroller but, dh scouted out Rome and some other Italian cities in October and told me that it would not be easy at all to use a stroller.

Hi Stepht5

I would have to agree that the Viva Italia trip is not suitable for a stroller. The streets of Rome and all stops after that are mostly cobblestone / uneven pavement. In Venice, while the pavement is smoother, there is a bridge with stairs at every other intersection.

I have not done the other Italy trips but understand that they would be similar.

Kevin

Stepht5 - in your situation I would agree to wait. I was just pointing out for our family that it worked well with our kids being young.

I had my reservations because of the children ages and we were actually going to wait a couple of years but this vacation was for my inlaws 50th wedding anniversary, as they didn't want a party, it just worked out that way and we had a great time. I do have to point out that we did this on our own so it was a slower pace

Does anyone know when the 2008 tours will be announced?

My DW and I are just starting to think about a trip in 2008 for our 10th anniversary. We also have a 5 yo DD.

We thinking either Disneyland and Southern California for the first time or one of the Disney adventures.

Another thought if you're interested in Disneyland and Southern California, everyone thinks they are going to announce Summer cruises from the West Coast along the Mexican coast....that might be fun for a 10th anniversary, and you could add it to Southern Cal/Disneyland.

I really don't understand why ABD can't announce their 2008 trips earlier in the year. I'm trying to plan a Wedding/Honeymoon and that kind of thing needs to be done a year in advance. They are definitely losing out on a potential customer because it is just not feasible to wait until Sept to book our trip. Even the cruise lines have announced their plans!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter