2008 Tours

MJGirl

DIS Veteran
I was talking to Adventures by Disney today, and they said they were working on the trips for 2008. I asked, no begged and pleaded, if they were going to have a Grecian Tour. She said that one was on the table and to keep my fingers crossed. :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

That is one of my must do before I die trip !!!

I'd like one to New York City. With a Disney musical or two. I've never been to NYC and would love to go in Disney style!!

I also wish they'd do an England tour, with visits to Portsmouth and Stonehenge and Blackpool and wherever else is of interest.

Magix said:
I'd like one to New York City. With a Disney musical or two. I've never been to NYC and would love to go in Disney style!!

I also wish they'd do an England tour, with visits to Portsmouth and Stonehenge and Blackpool and wherever else is of interest.

New York has got to be one of my favourite cities in the world. I love the night life and would love to see Disney do a NYC adventure as well. A tour of the rest of London would be great, but as my daughter is citified (is that a word), I don't know if she would enjoy the country as much. Maybe in the future!

But Greece. Imagine the Parthenon, the Cretian Bull, Hercules, a Greek Island cruise... I can dream!!!!!! :bitelip: :bitelip: :bitelip:

Magix said:

I agree with you!!! 15dd wants to go in March 2007 for her 16th b-day. I am going to try to talk her into an ABD to Europe -- either England or an Italy one. ANd then if ABD offers a NYC trip we can do that the next year! :thumbsup2

DH & I were hoping to take allt he kids on an ABD to Italy in 2007 but, he just got back last night froma 10 nt Europe trip -- several days in Italy -- and he decided that the streets were not good for our tiny, youngest child. He thought our ds who would be 9 by then might have a difficult time walking for that long, also.

NY would be so cool! My mom and sister went earlier this year before she went off to college, but I have never been. I think they could really do some awesome things with New York...china town, ellis island, statue of liberty, broadway, 9-11 site, ect...

This is stretching a bit, I know, but while we are dreaming, my vote goes to China...with a side trip option to the Three Gorges. After all, beyond 2008, so much culture will disappear underwater forever.

I'm also waiting for the 2008 tours to be released. I'd love to see Hawaii, Alaska or Egypt added to the line up.

Egypt would be cool too... Could you imagine climbing the pyramids and cruising the Nile. While we are on dream trips ... Anyone for Australia??

Here is my story (true). Each year I take granddaughter on a trip -somewhere. 2 yrs ago she wanted to go to NYC - but didn't know why except that her parents had been there! I told her that she was too young, but when she could read (she couldn't read at the time) the Emma Lazarus poem on the statue of Liberty base, I would take her. Along comes May, and she says,. 'grandma, listen to this' - she unfolds a piece of paper and reads 'give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses etc. etc." I looked at her dumbfounded and she said ' I guess you owe me a trip to NYC!!!'

Needless to say, to NYC we went - visited the Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island, Empire State Bldg etc. Saw 'Lion King', Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, Mama Mia" and in short had a ball!!!

Moral of this story - don't challenge a child!!!' They beat you to the trigger every time!!!

(I sure do love that ,kid!!!)

My husband is only willing to do the Spirit of America adventure, but he really wants to visit Hawaii. If ABD brought the Hawaii adventure back I am sure I would have him hooked after the two, at least enough to go for the Italy adventure.

12 years ago, I promised my cousin (who was in 1st grade at the time) that if she stayed in school and graduated. I would take her any where she wanted to go. Well the year she graduated she called me up and said do you remember what you promised me? I was like yeah, do you? So 2 years ago Feb, I took her on a cruise. This year her sister is a senior and we did the 10 day Disney cruise. My oldest niece got wind of the idea and asked me where I was taking her when she graduated? :sad2: So I'm now waiting on the 08 dates and tours to see what is planned. She wants to do the London/Paris tour. With DisneyLand Paris added on at the end. Me, I want to add a few days before hand in England and Scotland.

So come on dates/rates/and tours!!

Magix said:

I would book this in a heart beat! :thumbsup2 My DH has NO desire to go to NYC but I've always wanted to take my DD10 to a Broadway musical.

Lori

All those wanting to go to NYC...it is really very easy to do yourselves. You can get all types of play tickets on ticketmater/telecharge. There are a ton of hotels/restaurants. It's fairly easy to get around either via cab or bus or subway.

DH were in the city a few weekends ago...we drove down, went to see a play (Spamalot) had dinner on restaurant row ( Becco's...excellent), hopped a cab to The Empire State Bldg and went to the top. Grabbed another cab back to our car. Drove to Little Italy for pasteries, and went home.

I agree with Sweetpea .. I've done NYC twice with my daughter, once when she was 10 and again when she was 15. I did sit her down and grilled her that NYC was no Disney and if I lost her, there would be no nice castmember to keep her company until I was found :rolleyes:. We didn't have any problems. There is also the TKTS available where you can get half price tickets for same day performances.

I know I could do NYC on my own, but I'd rather do it with Disney! Why worry about making all the arrangements, when they can do it for me and guarantee good theatre seats, exclusive experiences at the big attractions, nice meals, etc? It would be worth spending a little more, if it meant visiting the Big Apple in Disney style!

I am waiting for 2008 Tours as well. Greece, Egypt, would be a dream vacation. My DKids would be old enough to really appreciate it.

I love the idea of a visit to the Greek Isles. That sounds very interesting to me.

Does anyone know when the 2008 tours will be announced?

My DW and I are just starting to think about a trip in 2008 for our 10th anniversary. We also have a 5 yo DD.

We thinking either Disneyland and Southern California for the first time or one of the Disney adventures.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter