2006 - Present : Food Pics with Chat

I had the Pad Thai at Mythos in May and it was terrible-gummy and lukewarm. I'll probably skip it for a while which is a shame since I really enjoy the decor.

Yep, the last Pad Thai I had in there was very disappointing.........and yes, it is lovely inside!

Here's a few from my recent trip:

Peanut butter milkshake at Toothsome - we have't been here before but the milkshakes were incredible!!!!! The food was okay, loved the onion rings and truffle fries but not a lover of their chocolate bread and my dad didn't love his Ruben sandwich, we would definitely go again though even if just for apps and milkshakes!
IMG_4954.jpg
IMG_4975.jpg

Wish I could have fitted something from the shop in after my milkshake, everything looked incredible!
IMG_4981.jpg

Fish Tacos at Mythos - I always get these and enjoy them every time
IMG_5188.jpg

Pumpkin cake at Honeydukes - I had to try it as I love pumpkin things but this was a little stogy for me, wish I had tried the pumpkin pasty instead but the cake was beautiful to look at!
IMG_5372.jpg

Jlane5000 - that looks amazing! Toothsome is definitely on our list for our trip next year. I'm also a pumpkin lover, and prefer pumpkin juice to butterbeer (heresy, I know) but that cake is a must try. I was so disappointed with Mythos last trip (long story) that we may not go back, but you're tempting me with fish tacos...

Jlane5000 - that looks amazing! Toothsome is definitely on our list for our trip next year. I'm also a pumpkin lover, and prefer pumpkin juice to butterbeer (heresy, I know) but that cake is a must try. I was so disappointed with Mythos last trip (long story) that we may not go back, but you're tempting me with fish tacos...

Give me pumpkin juice any day over butterbeer! I had a bottle of it on the coach to the airport at 5am as my last little treat of the holiday :drinking1I would definitely try the cake if you like pumpkin, for me it was like suet so very stodgy so I’d try and share it, taste was great though! we always do mythos because of the atmosphere (and air con) but my family who always choose different dishes every time aren’t the biggest fans, they never listen to me about the fish tacos!! The calamari to start is also really good IMO, but I’ve had other apps there that were pretty bad. We also had the waiter offer us to go cups for our beers whilst we were still eating our mains and hadn’t even asked for the bill which was a bit hasty/rude! Think it’s definitely a place where it’s hit or miss depending on what you choose off the menu though.

hhn2018 (21).jpg
Strongwater Tavern
Cuban Mojito Ceviche - $12.00
Sea Bass, Garlic, Red Onion, Tomato, Jalapeno, Mint, Chives, Strong Water White Rum, Lime Juice and Plantain Chips

very tasty
Lenny is an amazing bartender - one of the others made my drink and it was awful - I had to have him remake it

Last edited:
hhn2018 (3).jpg
Caribbean Mixed Seafood Ceviche - $16.00
Grouper, Shrimp, Scallops, Red Onions, Peppers, Lime Juice, Lemon Juice, Cilantro, Coconut Cream and Plantain Chips

Very Tasty and Fresh - they make it every day and throw out what is not used

hhn2018 (2).jpg
Strong Water Tavern - Grilled Thick cut bacon special
This was really good - remember to ask if they have any specials as they probably wont mention it at the bar unless you ask

hhn2018 (12).jpg
Bar 17 Bistro

Braised Pork Belly
Green Onions, Cucumbers, Pickled Fresno Chili, Ginger Sesame, Chili Aioli
Duck Confit
Cucumbers, Bean Sprouts, Carrots, Turmeric Citrus Aioli
Chicken Shawarma
Shawarma Sauce, Pickled Salad, Cilantro Yogurt

This place has a big disappointment - yes the view is nice - yes you can watch the Disney Fireworks from here - but the food was dry and average at best
How do you mess these up???

The beer selection is also poor IMO - I tried several of their "better beers" and they were disappointing - the also charge the same for all beers - so PBR is $8, Stella is $8 and a craft beer is also $8

The staff was ok - but nothing special - the atmosphere was also pretty lame so that was a factor - I expected so much more - I suspect we will see them runnign a happy hour pretty soon

hhn2018 (6).jpg hhn2018 (9).jpg hhn2018 (16).jpg
hhn2018 (24).jpg

VooDoo donuts - way overrated - I tried several and really non of them blew me a way
I grabbed a dozen to take home for the family as they were really interested - and they said dont bother next time
they look amazing - but that is where it ended IMO

hhn2018 (4).jpg
Pistachio Nutella gelato from Urban Pantry in Aventura
this was very disappointing - there was a very fake aftertaste to the pistachio extract

hhn2018 (18).jpg hhn2018 (17).jpg
Overcooked burger from Urban Pantry in Aventura - this is criminal to waste a good burger like this - medium rare this is not

hhn2018 (5).jpg
Urban Pantry Aventura
Prosciutto - $13.00
American Prosciutto, Ricotta, Mozzarella, Garlic Olive Oil, Arugula, Sea Salt

very nice pizza but needed to be cooked a bit more - I know others had complained they got burnt pizzas - but i expect a bit of burn on a fire cooked pizza

hhn2018 (1).JPG
Urban Pantry Aventura
Prosciutto - $13.00
American Prosciutto, Ricotta, Mozzarella, Garlic Olive Oil, Arugula, Sea Salt

I got one to go another night and asked for it to be cooked well done = still a but underdone IMO - but good

hhn2018 (15).jpg
Pizza fries from Louie's - so much better than at the stand during HHN
I did not know they sold them here - but I was doing the behind the scenes tour and the guide recommend I get therm here as they are better - and I have to agree

hhn2018 (19).jpg
jalapeno bacon mushroom pizza from backwater bar - decent pizza
they have a nice beer selection - they also have dogfish 60 in bottles and its a nice place to take a break

hhn2018 (7).jpg
Toothsome
Roasted Brussels Sprouts - $7.50
Charred Brussels sprouts, jalapeño mayo, cotija cheese, ancho chili powder
tasty but were better last year
I also had the totchos and those were much better last year as well

for drinks the chocolate stout and chocolate old fashion are both really good - the character that comes around kept recommending I put a scoop of ice cream in the stout

NBC Nachos

i-bb6FWjK-XL.jpg

HHN Special and Maple Bacon donut...……

Love the Maple Bacon!!!!

i-V3krTsz-XL.jpg

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!