20 Years of Dreams Event - Official Thread

Can't wait to go, just have to decide which resort to book. I'm thinking Pop Century, but not completely sure yet.

We are thinking Pop as well - the new Gondolas should be up and running by then so we want to check them out

We are doing a "parents only" trip and thinking of adding on a couple of days at AKL and just spend time at the resort those days

We are thinking Pop as well - the new Gondolas should be up and running by then so we want to check them out

We are doing a "parents only" trip and thinking of adding on a couple of days at AKL and just spend time at the resort those days

I didn't know the gondolas would be ready! That makes the choice easier.

Not to spoil things if you didn't get to watch yet, but he indicated that:
- tomorrow would be posted the info to be able to book the rooms
- special guests will join the party - members of ACE (the company running Pandora now in the story of the land)
- They have added a live taping at the Contemporary for Sunday, August 11th
- By the end of the week will be posted the info for registering for the event and the party, as well as info for the smaller events

Thanks @TheMaxRebo for the info as I was watching but then my DH decided to call me just as @WebmasterJohn was talking about the details as I missed the live taping part.

Yay so glad I’m flying back on the 12th as I should be able to go, although that depends on the time they’re taping. Hopefully not too early as if I have a bit too much fun at the party :drinking1:banana::drinking1:banana::mickeybar:mickeybar:worship:pixiedust::drinking1 Think I might have a pool day lol

How does registration for the party event work? This would be my first Dis event if I’m able to make it so not sure how everything works. I’m not 100% certain as of now I can attend so I don’t want to register and take up a spot if I can’t.
Thanks in advance for your help.

How does registration for the party event work?
I believe the way it worked last time was there was a fee to register for the overall event. That allowed you to register for the party itself (at an added cost) and sign up for the small events throughout the several days of the event. You have to do the overall registration in order to come to the party. I'm sure John will spell out all the details when they open registration but that's the general idea based on previous events.

How does registration for the party event work? This would be my first Dis event if I’m able to make it so not sure how everything works. I’m not 100% certain as of now I can attend so I don’t want to register and take up a spot if I can’t.
For this event you’ll register for the week and then from there you’ll be given a log in to register for the party and additional events. For the 2017 event registration for the week was $25 and the party was $85.

I believe the way it worked last time was there was a fee to register for the overall event. That allowed you to register for the party itself (at an added cost) and sign up for the small events throughout the several days of the event. You have to do the overall registration in order to come to the party. I'm sure John will spell out all the details when they open registration but that's the general idea based on previous events.

yes, and John said it would be the same this time too - register for the event for a fee (which I think he said will be $25 again) and that gets you access to register for everything else and to be able to bid on items in the auction, in the past John and Kevin were there handing out pins to people, etc. - and then a separate fee for the party. No word yet on what that would be

yes, and John said it would be the same this time too - register for the event for a fee (which I think he said will be $25 again) and that gets you access to register for everything else and to be able to bid on items in the auction, in the past John and Kevin were there handing out pins to people, etc. - and then a separate fee for the party. No word yet on what that would be
You didn’t have to register to bid on the auction. You did have to be registered to get to the page to submit items for the silent auction.

You didn’t have to register to bid on the auction. You did have to be registered to get to the page to submit items for the silent auction.

sorry, that is correct, I think they had the remote bidding as well. Was just thinking the auction was where you went to check in if you registered - sorry for any confusion

yes, and John said it would be the same this time too - register for the event for a fee (which I think he said will be $25 again) and that gets you access to register for everything else , in the past John and Kevin were there handing out pins to people, etc. - and then a separate fee for the party.
When you arrive, there is a place to go - last time it was a conference room at Boardwalk - where you check in and get your credentials. The auction items were on display. Members of the team were there. They were selling DIS logo items like t-shirts and water bottles. Stuff like that. Oh, and there were cookies!

Oh, and in case anyone is wondering what "get your credentials" actually means, because I had no clue, it just means you get your name badge lanyard that you need to wear when you attend the events so they know you belong there.

Oh, and in case anyone is wondering what "get your credentials" actually means, because I had no clue, it just means you get your name badge lanyard that you need to wear when you attend the events so they know you belong there.

980x.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter