20% off theme park tickets

cityofgold

Earning My Ears
I was able to call guest services and they changed our reservation to reflect the 20% discount on park tickets. Happy to save some money! I'm so excited

Wish I could get a discount on my room too but wishful thinking - AOA mermaid

Yay, it finally happened. i saw this last year and was envious that I couldn't go. Planning a trip for March 2018. Was waiting to pull the trigger on tickets and now I can. I guess I have a decision to make... 4 days or 5? $450USD savings for the 5 of us.

I'm thinking hard about this deal. We are planning to go in August. If I buy these tickets now, would I be able to add them to a package later? We like the quick service dining plan, but those must be part of a package. For example, can I buy the tickets now, and add a room (hopefully at a discount) and a dining plan later?

I'm thinking hard about this deal. We are planning to go in August. If I buy these tickets now, would I be able to add them to a package later? We like the quick service dining plan, but those must be part of a package. For example, can I buy the tickets now, and add a room (hopefully at a discount) and a dining plan later?

This is what I’m doing. I’ll get a room only reservation — fingers crossed for a discount. Add dining then link it all together with my existing tickets! Done it in the past before too.

This is what I’m doing. I’ll get a room only reservation — fingers crossed for a discount. Add dining then link it all together with my existing tickets! Done it in the past before too.
Did you have to call to do this or could you do it online?

My hotel and tickets are showing in my account but I don’t see anywhere to link it as a package or add dining. I realized that I probably won’t be able to do it anyway though because we’re staying 10 nights but I only have 6 day tickets.

My hotel and tickets are showing in my account but I don’t see anywhere to link it as a package or add dining. I realized that I probably won’t be able to do it anyway though because we’re staying 10 nights but I only have 6 day tickets.

Then call. I was told on an fb group that you can add dining by the # of hotel days. I have my tickets for my next trip but haven’t booked room yet. I plan on booking room and dining on the phone.

You have to call to do this, you'll be creating a "ticketless package"
You don't need the number of park tickets to match the number of nights in the resort but the dining plan will need to be for the full stay. Once you do this it will be subject to the same cancellation policy as a package BTW

I've done a ticketless package in the past with Airmiles WDW tickets. I called the first day the room-only was live and I got the dining plan and the room with the room-only discount. My tickets were not even in my MDE yet when I booked this package.

So another thought/question. Could the discounted tickets be applied to a Free Dining deal when/if it is offered in the spring or would I have to purchase new tickets?

So another thought/question. Could the discounted tickets be applied to a Free Dining deal when/if it is offered in the spring or would I have to purchase new tickets?

Last year it wasn’t possible. For free dining, you need to pay rack price for room and buy tickets with a minimum of days and in the past, they were requiring you to also get the PH and/or WP option.

Last year it wasn’t possible. For free dining, you need to pay rack price for room and buy tickets with a minimum of days and in the past, they were requiring you to also get the PH and/or WP option.

Thought it was too good to be true! It seems like free dining is still the best deal for us, even if we have to do the upgraded tickets. The difference with no dining plan at all is a savings of about $875 US, and I don't think we could realistically do 5 people for 10 days with that food budget. I think I'm going to have to wait for Free Dining!

Thanks everyone for your input!

Thought it was too good to be true! It seems like free dining is still the best deal for us, even if we have to do the upgraded tickets. The difference with no dining plan at all is a savings of about $875 US, and I don't think we could realistically do 5 people for 10 days with that food budget. I think I'm going to have to wait for Free Dining!

Thanks everyone for your input!

Add the savings from the tickets and a possible room only discount. You could combine both of those discounts. Would those discounts equal or surpass what you save on a possible free dinning? Room only discounts tend to be more frequent and it gives you more flexibility on dates.

Last year we bought the 25% off tickets and also rented a timeshare at Animal Kingdom for less than rack rate at POR. It was more savings than free dinning. We were also able to book the time we wanted to go rather than cross our fingers for free dinning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter