20 days of Food and Wine!!!! Here now :)

Deb123

Mouseketeer
We are right in the middle of a 20 day trip to celebrate Food and Wine. The cast is me, my husband and 11 yr old son. We are AP holders that live a short 6 hr drive away from the World and we try to come as much as we can! So, we checked in on Sept. 27th in a standard view at the BC. No complaints on the room, it was great! Ground floor like I requested and right by the side gate closest to Epcot. I had booked my hubby beverage seminars nearly every day and the ability to walk back and forth to Epcot was great! We booked these 6 nights at the BC on a great BB offer back in June. The 6 nights at BC were Fabulous! I especially loved the lobster shrimp roll at Hurricane Hannah's. We bought the refillable mugs and I am happy to report that they are actually programmed for our ENTIRE trip! (it actually comes up good until Nov. 2?!) We really enjoyed listening to Starship, The Go-Go's and Air Supply so far. The first weekend of F&W were PACKED!! We have also been using the Chase lounge, it's great! We got the arm bands for Illuminations one night and the location for that is Awesome! So, on Oct. 3rd, (this past Thursday) we moved over to Pop Century for the next 3 nights. We also booked these 3 nights on a BB offer for cheap!! The rates for BC/YC were just sky high for these 3 nights, and hey, you gotta figure out the best way to pay for 20 days in the World, lol!! We knew that we all would be getting really tired by this point in the trip, so these days would be sleeping in/nap days! LOL! The BC allowed us to stay in our room on the 3rd until 12:30. We woke up, went to Epcot and did some rides wit FP+. Then drove over to Pop and our room was ready. I booked a preferred pool view and I can tell you, these rooms are LOUD, LOUD, LOUD!! We have previously booked this same type of room before, but been on the ground floor. We are on the 3rd floor now and I can honestly say the pool noise/music is MUCH louder up here than on the ground level!! But my 11 yr old just loves Pop, this is his favorite. The cast members are great and he has been enjoying all the activities. We have relaxed and are now getting ready doing laundry and packing because tomorrow we move over to the YACHT CLUB SV for the next 5 nights!! Getting ready to hit F&W and the Eat to the Beat concerts. WooHoo-we love F&W!! On the 11th we will move back here to Pop (hopefully to a quieter room!) and will check out on Oct. 16 and make our way back home. Oh, we also opted out of the DP this trip, so we could eat like we want and sample all of those great booths. We put the $$ we normally spend on the DP on GC's, and it has been GREAT!! I doubt we will ever go back to DP again, and will prob do the GC's from now on. If anyone has any questions about F&W, MB's or the resorts, I'd be happy to answer!!

Hi. Looking forward to your report!! How nice that you live only 6 hours from Disney. I've never experienced Food & Wine Festival but we did get a tiny taste of it during the flower and garden. They had booths set up and we sampled different drinks and foods.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter