2 yr old on Teamboat Springs?

palpluto

Mouseketeer
Is this family raft ride too rough for 2 yr olds? Would love to hear from families who have taken toddlers on.
Thanks!

My son went on it just before his 2nd birthday (several times) and had a blast. They aren't supposed to let you go unless every person is holding on to a handle. DS was too little to really understand that so I wrapped my hand around his on the handle to hold it there. A couple of times they let him sit between my legs so I could hold on to him better with him holding on to the handles on the floor of the raft. Once they said he had to sit next to me, so I just wrapped my arm around him.

It's not a rough slide, but I would recommend keeping hold of your toddler in some manner simply because at that age, they may not fully understand the importance of holding on/could forget and take their hand off to wipe their face/grip might slip, etc. The tube does go sideways up a couple small inclines and down a couple small drops. It's nothing huge, but toddlers don't weigh much, so it is important for them to hold on/you to have a hold of them.

The hardest part for me was just managing to get out of the tube with him without falling. If you have another adult, have one of you get out, pass the kid off while still sitting in the tube to the other person, then get up and out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter