2 year old - WDW

ShannonG

Earning My Ears
Bringing my 2 year to Disney, March 2024 (he will be 25 months at the time of the trip). Any suggestions of best rides, etc?

Pretty much anything without a height requirement will be good. MK is going to be your best park obviously for that. Peter pan, pooh, its a small world, dumbo (if like mine, he will like the play area in the queue better than the actual ride), buzz lightyear, enchanted tales with belle, all are good attractions for little kids.

Everyone's kid is different.

When we brought our oldest at 20 months, she tried to climb out of Dumbo. She hated Jungle Cruise, I honestly just gave up on rides. The only ones she really liked were the nemo ride in the living seas and frozen ever after until she got wet.

Fast forward 4 years, we brought our second at 20 months, she was fine on Dumbo, bored on Jungle Cruise, hated Pirates and ended up in tears on Mickey and Minnie Runaway railway.

Be flexible.

Bringing my 2 year to Disney, March 2024 (he will be 25 months at the time of the trip). Any suggestions of best rides, etc?
Slow ones...nothing too fast. Focus on the sights. He will likely like the pool the best. Naps are essential. And If you are bringing grandma and grandpa too, they will like the naps too.

Slow ones...nothing too fast. Focus on the sights. He will likely like the pool the best. Naps are essential. And If you are bringing grandma and grandpa too, they will like the naps too.
All kids are different Our trip two years ago, our two and a half year old granddaughter rode everything she was able to since she wanted to be just like her big brother. And since she’s very tall, she was even able to ride Slinky Dog and Seven Dwarfs which she loved! She did nap in the stroller each day.
And all grandparents aren’t alike either. My husband and certainly don’t enjoy napping under any circumstance. We went strong from six am until midnight for seven days straight and kept up with people half our age. And God willing we will be able to do this same thing again this year!

My DD did great. Much better than when she was 3.5 lol. We rode pretty much the MK rides already mentioned. She slept a lot in her stroller. It was lots of fun!

The parade was a big hit with my nearly 3 yr old. The train can be a nice way to circumvent crowds, but it is not the fastest way to get through MK by any means. Play areas/post ride activities/resort playgrounds/pool were huge hits. Be prepared to pivot, some kids don't like dark rides, some kids don't like characters, some kids change their preferences every trip.

Be flexible is the best advice.
Every kid is different. Mine have been mostly fine with everything they can go on, except my oldest was scared on the Barnstormer. The way the seats are set up, the smaller person can slide around in the seat a lot.
So, subsequent kids haven't ridden it, even if they've been tall enough.
DD wouldn't ride anything more intense than Winnie-the-Pooh at 4, and wanted to spend ALL her time playing in "Pooh's house" in the queue anyway.

I like to take my kids to local amusement parks in order to establish their tolerance before Disney. I think my 3 yo will love everything. Our trip when he was 2 got cancelled. My older kids are more complicated, so we'll probably take cues from them and/or split up.
Honestly, YDS would probably be happy just riding the merry-go-round over and over again. But, he'll be tall enough for almost everything, so we'll see how it goes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter