2 weeks till first DL Trip

JB Smooth

Earning My Ears
my family can’t wait

Question- we will be there Memorial Day weekend and leave the day before Star Wars opens.

My travel agent friend for Disney told me sometimes Disney will do secret “soft” openings or will randomly get people to test the new rides

Do you think they will do that when we go?

Given all the hype and pressure surrounding SWGE's opening, I doubt Disney will do a soft opening for MFSR. CM previews are going on now. Online registration for more CM previews opened up last night. There are more than enough people willing to preview this ride! It is true that sometimes Disney does do soft openings for rides that are coming back from a refurb, but SWGE is completely different from the average ride refurb.

I feel like the reservation period is their real world soft opening. They just pre-scheduled it since Star wars is so popular if people heard there was a suprise soft opening it would be mass chaos at the park.

Like others have said, they are previewing the heck outta this land--a few days of cast previews and media days. A soft opening would create absolute havoc. Well, any opening to this land will create at least a bit of havoc, but for people in the parks to see/hear about a soft opening would mean a flood of people instead of a "quiet" soft opening.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter