2 weeks of fun and sun at Royal Pacific Resort..2009 TR

schumigirl

It's a bit of a roodie doodie word for lady parts
Welcome to my very first trip report ever.
I`ll introduce us first
There`s me, Carole, Tom who is celebrating his 50th birthday while we`re here and our son Kyle 15 who is a real star
IMG_0534-1.jpg

This is our 3rd visit to Orlando and we always wanted to stay at one of the Universal hotels, so this year decided just to book it. Looked at all 3 choices and decided RPR was the one we liked the look of the most. We normally come in Sept but due to Kyle going into his last year at seniors we couldn`t, nor really wanted to take him out. So we knew it was going to be a lot busier than we were used to so those FOTL passes were going to come in very handy, as we planned to spend most of our time at US/IOA. We did plan to visit Disney, mainly for Wishes, Splash, HM, POTC, TOT,RnR and EE. No plans to visit Epcot as it`s a place I don`t really like. Can spend some time in WS but that`s about it. Also we planned to visit Seaworld and have a day in Clearwater.
So we booked in March and then the fairly short countdown began.

Fast forward to Thursday 13th Aug.

Tom had come from working abroad and I was working but finishing at 12, so once we got sorted we headed off the 2 hour drive to the Radisson that is attached to terminal 2 at Manchester airport. We always spend the night at this hotel as it is so convenient for the early morning check in, it`s a 2 minute walk to the check in desk. Got checked in around 4 and we had gotten the runway view we had asked for. Now we are a little geeky I suppose as we love to watch the planes taking off and landing, as an intelligent woman I have always struggled with how those huge things stay in the air!
Head downstairs to the pool and have a swim and start to chill for the rest of the night, as it`s a very long day ahead. The pool is deserted so we have it to ourselves, which is nice. After the swim we head to the restaurant as we`re all hungry. I`m no the biggest fan of their food but it`s convenient and fills a hole. I had ham and pineapple pizza, Tom had smoked salmon sandwiches and Kyle had sausages and mash which were not very nice. Ours was ok though, so he had a chocolate dessert to compensate.
IMG_0136-1.jpg

We have a drink in the bar and then head back to the room. Sit and watch the planes for a bit and Tom watches the tv, quick coffee and then hit the sack hopeful of getting some sleep. Once the lights go out we all ping to life, so lie and chat for about an hour then one by one we all drop off. The bed is one of the comfiest beds I had ever slept in.

Friday 14th....it`s time.

Alarm goes off at 5am, I jump in the shower and get my hair done while the two of them rumble slowly to life while I`m like a jack in the box. Get the last of the stuff packed up and I`m ready to go.
Check out easily and head to the virgin check in desk. There`s only one family in front of us and it`s just 6am. The security guy asks us if we`ve checked in online I said no and he marches us to a machine to do it there and then. I prefer to choose seats at the desk which is why we are there early. Anyway we get seats 22 ABC, which I think are going to be quite good ones, but don`t say anything in case I`m wrong. Get cases dropped off and head through to security check where we have to buy bags to put liquids and medication in. We go through the scanner and Tom get`s "buzzed". Now even though we all have nothing to hide you always feel guilty if it buzzes. We laugh as he gets frisked as it`s normally me that gets pulled to the side.
Now we head off to the Escape Lounge which is a quiet little place you have to book ahead of time. They have lots of comfy chairs and it`s so peaceful away from the hustle and bustle of the main terminal. Here you have a choice of cereals,croissants, pastries, muffins, toast and all the usual breakfast choices. there`s alcohol but not at that time of the morning!!!! We also fill in the green waiver forms that fill all with dread in case we make a mistake, as it`s not unheard of to be sent to the back of the queue at immigration if there`s even one little mistake. So concentrating head on, I fill them in, shooshing them if they interupt me.
IMG_0159-1.jpg

We fill ourselves up with pastries which are delicious and take some biscuits and snacks for the plane as the food is normally not great! We leave there around 9 and head for the gate having a wander through some of the shops on the way buying magazines and some more water for the flight. The plane is due to take off at 10.25 so we check and it`s on time. See it`s Jersey Girl again, I think that is the plane we always arrive in.
IMG_0163-1.jpg

Now I love flying so seeing the plane always knocks the excitement up a notch, Kyle always goes a bit quiet at this point and stares at the plane with a look of trepidation. Try and take his mind off it but he doesn`t really want to chat. I can see him looking at a little boy of around 7 who is having the mother of all tantrums and kicking everyone around him and silently praying he`s not sitting near us. I can say almost definately he will be!!! Pessemistic maybe but that`s our luck normally! Not long till we`re on and the seats were really good, no sign of the tantrum boy thank goodness, could see him heading to the opposite end of the plane!! We were in the little cabin at the front behind upper class and Premium. Seemed to have a bit more space and not too many people around us. No-one behind us and just one row in front. Can`t believe how good the seats are actually. Seat belts on and we`re ready:cheer2: We take off on time and hearing those engines roar is amazing, the power is fantastic. Seem to climb for ages and eventually we level off and they put the IFE on. I do like to watch the screen that shows you where you are in the journey, down side is it tells you how long is in front of you, but we always get really excited when we are over American air space. So we settle down for the nearly 10 hour flight.
IMG_0172-1.jpg

Pretty uneventful, they feed us every so often and we watch some movies which are not great this time, so we spend a lot of time looking out of the window at not very much. We try to wander around but there`s really not much room especially if the cabin crew are going around with trolleys. So we try and sleep but excitement is too high, we just want to get there. Glance through magazines but not interested. We do see land, and soon we`re coming in over the space centre but nothing there of any excitement too see unfortunately. We`ll be landing soon :)
Get the usual warnings of what not to take through immigration, now we normally see at least one person who despite being told always seems to think it`s ok to for them to take in fresh fruit. Those immigration guys are not to be messed with.
We are nearly first off the plane behind upper and premium, so get to immigration ahead of the masses. We are beckoned by one of the officers and we wonder what he`s going to be like. First time we arrived we had a very austere and not at all friendly guy who really made us feel like a criminal. Last year the guy was quite friendly and chatty, made it a lot nicer experience. However the guy we got this year was nice and told us about his family in Scotland he had never met but hoped to soon. So we got through quickly and easily and headed to get our luggage. Seemed to wait for ages and then discovered for some reason it had been put on the upper class carousel. Thank goodness Kyle spotted our luggage or we would still be waiting for it.
Now we had that it was time to head to the usual hard sell from the car rental desk.
We always book through US Rentacar, and don`t need anything from them, but wow do they try hard. Stood in the Alamo queue and the girl said we had booked a full sized 4x4 and it was a Pathfinder. I asked if they had any Tahoes as we had that the year before and liked it. She said she would phone someone to find out, came back and said no there was not one Tahoe in the garage, but we could upgrade to a Hummer for $60 a day. We just laughed and said no. She tried to tell us we wanted something economical, again we laughed and told her how much we pay for gas in the UK, so economy wasn`t an issue. Then she started all the spiel of how we were not covered for different things and that we would need satnav. We just smiled and said we knew we were perfectly covered and that we knew our way round Orlando better than we knew the city near us at home. She grudgingly gave up and sent us on our way with a look. Got over to the garage and Kyle immediately said he thought he saw a Tahoe. The girl came over to take our documents and said she would get our Pathfinder. We asked her could we have a Tahoe and slipped her $20. She smiled and said yes ma`am right away. We waited 5 mins and she brought it round and wished us a happy vacation. I so wanted to go back over and tell the woman on the desk she was a liar.... but I didn`t. We were happy we had got what we wanted. Got our luggage loaded in and off we set for 2 weeks of fun and sun :)

Last edited:
Continued:
So quite happy we headed off to try and not get lost the way we normally do coming out of MCO. Last year I`m sure we circled the airport about 5 times before we found the right way. However this year we managed it and headed straight for Universal. It was so lovely to be back in Orlando, the sunshine is especially nice so we were all smiling like we had coathangers in our mouths. Got parked easily,self parking was included in our virgin package and it was only a 2 minute walk to the hotel entrance.......... but we took the wrong way and ended up circling the entire hotel by the river and came in to the pool area!! Typical. Anyway got to reception and we just thought wow!
IMG_0514-1.jpg

We knew we had made the right choice, it was just beautiful. Now we had requested a theme park view, only a request though but the guy on the desk said we had been given Tower2 but he would move us as we were staying for 2 weeks. However he gave room 1217 which looked out onto........trees! It was a lovely room but so dark. But he had said we could go back on Sunday when it would be quieter and see if he could move us. So didn`t want to totally unpack. Made ourselves a coffee, boy did we like that Emerils coffee and took in our surroundings. Had a quick wash and wandered around the hotel. We just thought is was perfect, all the staff were so friendly and helpful no matter what you asked them.
By this time we were quite hungry so found Jakes bar and the menu looked nice so we went in and was seated no problems. I ordered as is tradition on my first night Ribs, they had a guava sauce and were delicious, Tom had Steak,mash and onion and Kyle had mac n cheese, something he would eat a lot of. The meals were delicious. I also had a Bud and a Bahamamama lush!
Didn`t have the camera with us so no food pics tonight. Really enjoyed it though and then had another wander around. All of a sudden tiredness seemed to hit us all at the same time. Now we just wanted to sit up and take in the atmosphere but we couldn`t fight it any longer and at 8.30 we were all sound asleep. Beds were extremely comfortable and I would have slept well but............. just after midnight I heard voices, loud voices but just assumed it was guests going into their room. Dropped off again but heard them again. Sounded a lot like Bill and Ted were in the next room. This went on for a while but Kyle and Tom were sound so i didn`t get up in case I woke them. It finally went quiet must have been around 4 in the morning, and I got back to sleep.
Awoke bright and early and asked if they had heard anything, they hadn`t but as we headed out the door we noticed it wasn`t a guest room next door but a communication room so it must have been staff making all the racket. Headed for breakfast to the Orchid lounge where we had pastries and cereal, lovely coffee again and all for a very reasonable $19 for the 3 of us. I told Tom I was going to reception to complain about the 2 guys bellowing and laughing all night. Went round and got a lovely lady and explained what had happened nad could she do anything as we didn`t want another night like that one, she couldn`t apologise enough and said to go back to our room and pack all our stuff and leave it at the door, we were being moved. So went back and thankfully hadn`t brought out a lot so left our luggage and headed out to the park as she said the room would be ready when we came back around 2pm.
Found where we got the water taxi, that was a really nice little journey
Got our first view of Citywalk ahead and one of our favourites.... Margaritaville
DSC01504-1.jpg

Went straight to IOA to exchange our voucher for tickets and our hearts sank when we saw the queue for this. Must have took us the best part of an hour to exchange and then queue again to get into park. It was sooooooo hot!! We found it would take us a good few days to acclimatise this year to the heat. Got in and straigh to the Hulk which is definately one of our favourite rides.
IMG_0202.jpg

This was where the FOTL pass was worth it`s weight in gold. Queue was 50 minutes and we were on, back off,round and on again within 15 minutes. Absolutely fantastic. Did I say how hot it was????
Did Hulk twice and then my next fav ride which is DrDoom.
IMG_0305.jpg

First time I went on this I really thought I was going to meet my maker, and Tom hates this ride. He will go on any ride but this one scares the bejeesus out of him. Again with FOTL passes we bypassed a 35 minute queue and straight on. Did this about 5-6 times.Kyle was hankering to get on Spiderman which we all like. By this time the heat was making us flag a little, so wandered round to Mythos for some lunch. We really like it in here and hoped it wouldn`t be too busy. Got seated within 5 minutes. Kyle had chickenstrips, Tom had the burger and I had the Chicken wrap, all were delicious
IMG_0210.jpg
Won`t put a pic of me here as I look as though I have started melting! We really should have left the park then as it was boiling and we said we wouldn`t exhaust ourselves on the 1st day but we were desperate to go on Jurassic Park, another fav!!! So stumbled round there and again with passes straight on. Fab ride but they stopped us with a huge jerk at the top because some hammerhead wouldn`t put his video camera down, despite being told 3 times. The voice actually said "guy with the red shirt in row 2 put the camera away NOW" He was suitably embarrassed and off we went for the drop. We love that drop :scared1:.
Kyle was starting to look a little pale now so decided to go back to hotel and get to our new room.
Girl on reception said it wasn`t ready so we sat in orchid lounge for a while. What she didn`t tell us was we could have still used our old room, but the woman previous said we couldn`t. So Kyle could have had a really good sleep. But finally at 4 someone told us our old room was still available, we immediately headed back to that and we all had a snooze. Was awoken by a man coming in to stock the mini bar, I thought I was dreaming seeing this smiling man at the bottom of the bed holding a bag of potato chips and chocolate:eek: Tom and I wandered down to reception as it was now 5.30 and there was no sign of our new room. Leaving Kyle to sleep we went. She said the room was now ready and it was on the 5th floor. Pleased with the sound of that we went back for kyle and headed up the most perfect room with a wonderful view. Exactly what we asked for.
DSC01569.jpg

IMG_0220.jpg

IMG_0227.jpg

Only had to wait 5 minutes for our luggage to be brought up, but by this time Kyle was unconscious on his bed. We let him sleep for a bit and then began to unpack. Well, I unpacked,Tom discovered the local tv channels. So while he watched tv and Kyle slept I got everything put away and headed for the shower. Good powerful shower and nice towels and little shower gels. Bathroom and the room itself was immaculately clean.
Woke Kyle up, and an hour or so later we were all ready to head to Citywalk until Kyle said he was so tired could we just go to Jakes bar again. Not a problem, so we headed down and had another lovely meal of Meat pizza for Tom, I had Maui sirloin with wasabi mash and chilli jam, kyle had his usual mac n cheese which he said was gorgeous. I thought I had pics of these but can`t find them. Kyle then had chocolate cake and I had a white chocolate mousse thing which were both lovely. We also got to try Bud Lite Lime, which I had never heard of and was lovely. But alcohol and the heat mixed with tiredness is not a good mix, so only had the one. Headed up to the Orchid lounge for a while just to soak up the atmosphere really, but ended up in bed by 9.30. Left the drapes open and lay for a while just looking at the park all lit up and just drifted off at some point and we all had a fabulous nights sleep.

Sun 16th Aug. US/TODD/SHOPPING

We all had the best nights sleep ever :thumbsup2 What comfy beds they were. Was very nicely awoken by the gentle wooshing of the Hulk being tested. I could wake up to this every day for the rest of my life. And goes without saying waking up to this sunshine would be ideal. We were all showered and downstairs for breakfast very early as we were meeting Todd (Metro west) at around 9 in the studios. Had our usual breakfast of pastries and kyle does love those raisin bran boxes.
Headed for the boat and were greeted by these little guys
DSC01491.jpg

Had to wait a few minutes for the boat and then we were headed for Citywalk. Got to the studios in plenty of time and sat in the shade opposite the Lucy building as we were soooo hot, again!! We did wonder at this point if we were ever going to get used to the August heat.
Now we had only met Todd once before, that was at the 2008 HHN on opening night, and that was short but fun as I spent my time in the houses we did together grabbing on to his back (had only met him half an hour before). Tom and Kyle thought it was hilarious. But we were looking forward to meeting up with him again.
We sat and chatted for a bit and then wandered round to see what was happening with RRR. Tom and Kyle went on some rides while we sat outside, but in the shade as the heat was really building, and passed the time till they came out of whatever ride they were on then wandered around to the next one. We had a lovely morning with Todd and could easily have spent all day with him.
IMG_0232.jpg

But we said our goodbyes and thought we were going striaght back to the hotel but Kyle who loves watches wanted to go into the fossil shop to get another one. Grandma had given him money so it was burning a hole in his wallet. Spent 45 minutes trying to pick one, he already has 2 from Fossil so he wanted one that was nicer. He eventually got one but when we got back to hotel he realised the clasp didn`t sit right, he has such a skinny wrist. Told him we would go back when it was cooler, no way was I heading back to Citywalk in the heat of the day.
Showered and changed we headed out to Walmart to get some bits, especially water as it is a little expensive in the hotel. Went to the one on Turkey Lake Rd, now I hate shopping with a passion, but when I`m in the states it`s entirely different. Apart from a better selection of products everything is sooooo much cheaper. But after a good hour or so there we went to the Millenia Mall which is my favourite mall. It`s so airy and light and it has a Lindt shop Tiffany and the Cheesecake Factory :love:
IMG_0237.jpg

They were a little bit hungry by this time so into the Cheesecake factory where I had a coffee, they both had Linda`s chocolate fudge cake, which Kyle had last year and had gone on about it all year. We just prayed it was still on the menu
IMG_0235.jpg

It was :cloud9:
Suitably refreshed we wandered around and I decided I wanted to go to Macy`s. I know I said I wasn`t a shopper.........................but there are exceptions and handbags is one of those. I immediately spotted a gorgeous black coach bag, it was lovely. I had been after one for a while but had yet to see one I really fell in love with. But we didn`t have our passports with us that gets us the extra 11% discount and with the price of the bag I was going to use it. So the woman said she would put it aside and we would come back tomorrow. Had another wander around and saw plenty I could buy but Tom ever the realist kept reminding me we could only take back so much. So at that point headed back to hotel and they went back to Citywalk to change his watch if they could and had afew rides on the Hulk and Dr Doom while I showered again and had a catnap.
They came back and fortunately they had just let him exchange the watch for another, so he was happy.
Tonight we went down to the sushi bar for dinner. We had some of the most gorgeous sushi ever. Chose a really hot and spicy one that included snow crab, smoked salmon and shrimp. Had 2 plates of those between us, Kyle had chicken Tenders as he is not the most adventurous soul when it comes to food. Had a couple of cocktails and headed up to bed around 10.

Mon 17th IOA/MILLENIA MALL/MK & WISHES DESSERT PARTY

Up as usual, same old breakfast apart from I discoverd the home made cinamon bun, how I had missed it I don`t know. It was really lovely, I suppose maybe a little sweet for that time of the morning, but I enjoyed it.
On the boat to IOA, we really meant that we were going to spend lots of time in our favourite park. I gave the Hulk a miss didn`t want to see the bun again and after they had gone on 3 times went to Dr Doom. I went on again 3 times on my own as they wanted to do Spiderman and we met up when we were done. Round to Jurassic park again, which we did 3 times and then to Duelling Dragons...... I can never remember which one I like best so I went on Ice. Not my favourite. But still ok, neither of us felt like going on Fire so we`ll leave that for another day.
Back to room, shower and out to Mall to get my bag. Forget passport, but luckily we are just in lobby so send Kyle back up for it. Decide to go to Jonny Rockets for lunch where Tom and I have the St Louis burger and kyle has tenders. We all have a milk shake as they are divine in here. Head to Macy`s next where we encounter one of the rare unfriendly faces on our trip. The guy who gives us the discount card, well.......you would have thought it was coming out of his pocket personally. But we just smiled a bit too sweetly and went to get my bag.
It was a bit too early to go to MK so we went back to hotel and had a snooze for a couple of hours as it was going to be a late night.

Arrived MK and exchanged the ticket vouchers for real tickets and headed to the monorail. In MK in no time at all. Like most people I feel so emotional walking in and seeing the castle, but didn`t get the chance as they hustled me on as they wanted to do splash and pirates before the dessert thing. So pirates was showing a 5 min wait and we went on that. Guy in front of us got his HUGE camera out and we thought heck, can we just once go around without some hammerhead flashing all the way. So when he took his first pic we booed him very loudly and I SHOUTED No flash photography!!! It worked......... he put it away and we enjoyed the rest of the boat ride with no flashers! Splash was a different story, the wait was an hour but we really wanted to go on so we stood and we were actually on within 40 minutes.
Time to head to the dessert party. Now we had been told when we booked to be there for 8.50pm, so we wandered around and the queue was a mile long. Someone was taking names and giving us a wrist band. We got in around 9.05pm and was shown to our table. Now I`m not big on desserts but they were ok. Very small and dainty. Some were not so nice. There was quite a lot of people clambering as if they were frightened it was going to run out but they replenished as soon as something was done. We had a ffew then sat back with a cool soda and waited for my favourite thing in Disney ever............WISHES.

Stood at the rail and the lights went down, there was loads of room for everyone and I thought it was an excellent view for Wishes, but some people felt it was better from Main Street. But we normally stand to the side of the castle near tomorrowland so for us it was perfect. As soon as Wishes starts I am a blubbing wreck. I can`t explain it but when I hear "Starlight.....starbright"........ I`m gone! Full blown tears and sobbing like a baby. But I love it :confused3 Tinkerbell flew right over us and you could see her so clear, we were all waving like mad. Fireworks were as always fantastic and I could watch them all night.
IMG_0259.jpg

IMG_0275.jpg

But when they were finished Kyle gave me a hug and we sat back down and wondered should we head off or wait for the crowd to dissipate a bit before trying to get out. By the time we left the noodle terrace area it was 10.30 and Main street was still mobbed. So we bravely glided in with the masses and got out and headed for the boat. Which was another queue as we had just missed one. Now I know people get irate when tired but I try and think well we`re all the same, but this tiny and I mean tiny woman barged past me and nearly knocked me flying (and I`m not small) so I shouted at her to look where she was going and she turned around and told me to get over it she was tired!!!! I was gobsmacked, she had a kid of around 2 with her and all the while still pushing past people!!! But once we got on the boat which did seem to take forever I took great pleasure in getting off before her, but I stood back and said with a big smile "after you". No thank you from her but I always try to be nice if I can, even if it is a bit sickly sweet at times:laughing:
Got to TTC and then car, but we didn`t get back to hotel till 12.30 and we were exhausted. Took a couple of painkillers as my head was pounding purely from tiredness and we all fell into bed tired but happy from having another wonderful day.

TUES 18TH US/LAUNDRY/OUTBACK STEAKHOUSE

Slept till around 9am this morning, didn`t hear the hulk running this morning. Had usual start to the day, we just love our little routine of breakfast in the lounge, it`s very relaxing as it has never been busy. Had a lovely buttercream pastry today, Tom had a croissant and honey and Kyle had his usual raisin bran. Took our time and once we were all suncreamed up headed to the boat dock. Those captains are all really nice and very chatty. There was quite a queue for it today and for all 5 seconds we wondered whether or not to walk......................:laughing: Maybe not!
Decide to go to the studios today, went on Shrek first, we had forgotten how good this show actually is. Came out and had a look at RRR, no chance again. Queue was huge and there was no guarantee to actually get on it.
So went to ROTM, found this guy hanging around outside

DSC01512.jpg

We all love this ride, and after 10 minutes fighting with the lockers we got straight on.I was sat beside a single rider that had never been on before, and boy was she scared. I told her if it had been that bad i would never have been back on it. Did warn her to brace herself when it shunts to a sudden stop. I really whacked my head the first time on it, and make sure I`m prepared now. She loved it. I thought she was really brave to go on something for the first time on her own. So we did this twice.
It was quiet today, not too many people around

DSC01520.jpg

Straight round to MIB, which I had never been on, bit of a boys ride really, I was so bored. Think my score was 400 which is really bad apparently :confused3
Now they were desperate to go on the Simpsons again, I had stayed with Todd on Sunday while they had rode it. Tom said I would like it, Kyle said I wouldn`t. Now I am not good with simulators, Spiderman I`m fine with but I said I`d give it a go. Tom because he was tall sat in the front row and Kyle and I sat in the back and off we went. Well almost as soon as it started I felt as if I was going to hurl, and big time!!! How on earth i held it together I have no idea. When it stopped they bounced out well ahead of me and as I got out I thought i was going to pass out. A team member grabbed hold of my arm and led me out. I sat down and she shouted Tom who was merrily on his way out thinking I was just behind them. They came back and looked at me on the floor and said they had never seen anyone such an unflattering shade of green :sad2: Never EVER will I go on that ride. Made me feel bad for the next few hours so we headed back to hotel. Thankfully it was a bit cooler today and there was a lovely little breeze blowing. They got a burger from the pool bar while I did some laundry.
The afternoon rain had hit by then and they closed the pool area, so they joined me in the laundry room for all of 5 minutes. Why doesn`t a hotel of this size have bigger laundry facilities?? I was using 3 of the 4 machines and felt bad as there was someone waiting for me to finish. Anyway soon finished and went upstairs and watched the storm, as by this time the lightning was fantastic. We just don`t get storms like this here. The rides had been stopped by now so nothing really to watch so we had a snooze.
We were supposed to be driving to Haines City tonight to go to Manny`s chop house but decided to go to the Outback Steakhouse in LBV. One of our favourite places from last couple of visits. It was quite busy so we had a 15 minute wait till we got our table. I think the girl who served us must have been the chirpiest girl ever, a real joy to be around. That`s one thing we do love in the states is the quality of service you get. I don`t think we have ever come across anyone who hasn`t deserved the gratuity.
I digress, Kyle had............. yep you guessed it mac n cheese
DSC01437.jpg

Tom had Prime Rib roast, garlic mash and veg

DSC01435.jpg

And I had 9oz Filet again with mash and veg

DSC01436.jpg

For dessert the boys shared Chocolate Thunder from Down under

DSC01438.jpg

And i had Key Lime Pie, had already taken a bit before I remembered the camera.

DSC01439.jpg

DSC01434.jpg

I had 2 cocktails and Tom being the driver had a coke, Kyle as usual had water. All the meals were delicious as they always are in there. But headed back along the I4 and decided to have a drink in Orchid lounge before we went to bed. Don`t think we really had a late night at all on holiday apart from Wishes night. Plenty of comfy chairs in the lounge so we settled down and Tom had a glass of wine and I had a lovely cocktail

DSC01440.jpg

Only had one drink and then up to bed for 9.30ish. Can`t believe how tired we are and didn`t think we had done that much today.

DSC01442.jpg

So just after 10 and lights out :)

WED 19TH DHS/MINI GOLF/BLACK ANGUS

Got up really early today as we decided to go to Disney. We all felt a bit wary after all we were getting so used to FOTL pass, how on earth would we cope with queues. But hopefully getting there early would be fine. Stood in the queue to get in i spotted someone from the British site i go on sometime, so went over to say hello and introduced myself. DH thinks I`m crazy but if I recognise someone even from their pic, I`ll say hello. We chatted for a few minutes and headed off. Straight round to RnR and TOT.

DSC01444.jpg

DSC01445.jpg

Got fastpass for TOT and went on RnR. Not much of a queue really, only about 20 mins which went in no time at all. Went round and straight back on. Now we always ask to wait for the front, so the girl stood us to the side and then sent us when it was our turn. When we got to the front there was already a family taking the front 2 rows. The girl appeared behind us and told the family she had said rows 3 and 4. The mother of the family was really awful to the girl and shouted that she had been told rows 1 and 2. We stood back but the girl told us to go on and made them go into the rows behind. The mother was still shouting that she wasn`t a liar and was going to complain. Her 2 little girls looked like they were going to cry. Anyway when we got off I spoke to the mum and said I was sorry there was a mix up and she very calmy said "oh no mix up we just didn`t want to wait for the front". I was gobsmacked that she upset those little girls all to sit in the front. She would only have had to wait a few minutes as it was. But headed over to TOT and straight on that which was excellent. Bought Kyle the towel and the door hanger.
Now the rest of HS hasn`t really got much for us, so we cut the visit short and said we`de come back for one more visit and do the stunt show another time. Headed to Applebees down at Kissimmee, we had gone here last year and again really enjoyed it. Our server was called Gary but I kept calling him Joey :confused3 Well he was Italian and came from New York!!!

Kyle had Chicken Tenders and fries

DSC01451.jpg

Tom and I both had burgers, mine without cheese they were lovely

DSC01450.jpg

Left and spent some time in LBV outlet centre. This was the day when I plucked up the courage to do some serious driving. I had only ever had a little go of the car round car parks but was very nervous of driving "on the wrong side of the road". We drive an automatic at home so I wasn`t worried about that it was just the getting my bearings. So I took the plunge and LOVED it. It is so easy! Roads are wonderful as there are no pesky roundabouts. So it was a real pleasure. Took Todd`s advice and just went for it, he said don`t be nervous, so I wasn`t, poor Tom never really got to drive again, unless it was at night when i like a cocktail:thumbsup2
Back to hotel and showered and straight out. Kyle loves mini golf so off we trundled to the Hawaiian Rumble on I-Drive. First time I had ever been on that area. Got parked and went in. Nice place, and it was almost cool as there was some cloud building and a little breeze.

DSC01453.jpg

Kyle was a bit miffed as I won by a country mile, well by around 8 strokes, and I`m not very good. But he still managed a smile

DSC01452.jpg

We went for dinner to black angus at the top of Idrive and it was really nice. Kyle had mac n cheese, Tom and I had a steak each, but I think we were too tired to enjoy it a lot. Kyle wanted dessert though, so he got Bourbon chocolate cake which was the richest, darkest chocolate cake I have ever seen!! And he polished off the lot :thumbsup2

DSC01455.jpg

We had got a bit more life in us by the time we got back to the hotel, so got boat to citywalk and wandered around there for a bit and had a cocktail in Margaritaville. All very relaxing. I saw a huge scooby doo in the universal shop, Tom said it would need it`s own seat on the plane coming home.........so i didn`t get it.

Bit of a late night for us, didn`t get to bed till 11.30.:)

WOW, seems like you guys are having a great time, what about some pool pics, oh how i miss RPR.
Love the cinnabon buns , usually take it to the pool and have breakfast down there.
Looking forward to more

Carole...so glad you got over the fear of driving in Orlando! ;)

The pictures are wonderful as is the whole TR. :thumbsup2

You guys are lots of fun to hang out with and I'm so glad you're coming back next fall. I look forward to it already!
:teeth:

Gosh we love waking up to sunshine every morning :cloud9: Took our time as another day was planned at Universal. Usual breakfast, suncream and head for the boat. One of these days we may just walk :lmao:
No sign of us getting on RRR again, so went on another one I had missed last year...Disaster. Now I really enjoyed it corny as it was, it really wasn`t as bad as some people had told me. Then did the usual round of ROTM, they did MIB and Simpsons. I happily sat outside watching the world go by.

DSC01522.jpg

Headed off to Lombards for lunch. We really like it here

DSC01518.jpg

This year it was just ok. The wrap I had was tasteless, and Toms was all right. Kyle enjoyed his though. The server was the spitting image of one of the Osmonds, not Donny!!

Another really hot day so headed to one of the outlet centres to buy something they needed for Kyle`s PSP. Got what they needed and then it was time for dinner. Sky was really blacking over and there was a storm brewing. Went to Red Lobster on I Drive. It was lovely as well. We ordered a shrimp starter just to be going on with, Tom ordered a shrimp feast, can`t remember the name but it was delicious, crab legs and 3 types of shrimp

DSC01463.jpg

I had steak and it was cooked perfectly, medium rare

DSC01465.jpg

Kyle had chicken, portion was far too big for him though

DSC01464.jpg

Last 2 pics were a bit blurry. I had ordered a mango mai tai and had soon finished it, when i saw on the menu a Lobsterita, but it said large. Anyway I ordered it thinking it wouldn`t be that big...........

DSC01468.jpg

It was!!! And it was lovely. I do like a cocktail

When we were finished we stood and watched the lightning for a while which was spectacular. You really must be able to spot the tourists a mile away, shouting wow every time there`s a huge flash in the sky!

We went to Prime outlets for a while as I saw there was a Coach place there, didn`t mention that to Tom though! Had a good wander round as we had never been there before and it was nice. Apart from the toilets. I think they were the dirtiest I had ever seen and there was no way I was going to use them. So back to the hotel.......quickly :rolleyes1
After a quick "comfort visit" it was down to the boat, but they had stopped because of the weather so headed up to the lounge and just had coke and Tom had a beer, Kyle had a gorgeous choc milk shake.
Up to the room for a cup of the most lovely coffee ever. I wish I could take that machine home with me. Watched the lightning again for a while, some tv and went to bed around 11.30.

FRIDAY 21ST

Can`t believe we`ve been here a week already, it`s going to quickly. We had decided before we arrived that we would spend most of our time at US/IOA and I can honestly say we did and it was wonderful. We were becoming very spoiled with not having to queue. It was another very hot day today, but I think we were used to it now. Had thought we would go to Clearwater today but decided to do the rides again, we were just loving IOA.
Our usual routine over we were at IOA. One thing did annoy me slightly, only slightly though. The photographers that grab you as you head in. I suppose they don`t know how often you had been there, but still it griped me!

IMG_0284.jpg

IMG_0286.jpg

I love the theming in this park, a lot. I think it`s at least on a par with anything Disney has done, and I don`t really get why people knock it. It really makes us smile as we walk in. And again the staff are wonderful, friendly and helpful....well the ones we came across, and there were a lot.

IMG_0288.jpg

IMG_0295.jpg

IMG_0360.jpg

IMG_0315.jpg

IMG_0309.jpg

Did all our usual rides Hulk, Doom, Spiderman a few times each then I really wanted to go on Dudley do Right. But I had been put off by people saying how tight it was and awkward to get out of. But without meaning to sound rude, I saw a lady get off who was.....well..... a lot larger than me so I thought I might as well try.
:scared1: That is one fast drop!!! But fantastic. And we were drenched, it was lovely though as it was really hot again. It was a bit awkward getting as you had to kind of push yourself up and out but it was fine, straight back on again. Boy did I love that drop. This from a person who on our first trip took 12 days to pluck up the guts to do Splash Mountain

Headed round to Jurassic Park, did that a few times the Duelling Dragons. It was showing 10 mins but we still liked using our pass ;)

IMG_0328-1.jpg

I only did Fire as that was enough for me, but they went on both. Then decided we were hungry so went back to Thunder Falls, we love it in there, especially sat watching the splash from the ride. Kyle had mac n chees, fries and a cookie, I had the chicken wrap which was lovely, but Tom had that Turkey leg, it was huge!!! Shared a pink lemonade as the drinks are huge as well. I thought I had pics of this but maybe not.
Had to do some more :laundy: again today :headache: So boys went in pool while I slaved over those machines again. Got chatting to a lovely lady from upstate New York who was very surprised when I was telling her how hard it was to live full time in the states, something we would love to do. But she worked in a school and was telling me about people who came from all over and had no problems!! Not fair, but maybe one day :thumbsup2
More thunder and lightning and probably the longest spell of rain we have had so far. So when i got back to the room I told Tom to book Tchoup Chop for tonight. So table booked for 8pm. Time for a nap :)

Frid 21st Tchoup Chop

The rain was not for stopping by the looks of it, so glad we wern`t going far. I was looking forward to Tchoup Chop as I had only heard good reports about it. So we got ready and headed downstairs just before 8. The rain was really thumping down, with really loud thunder, so again we stopped and watched for a bit. Now I don`t know what I was expecting, but it was a lot more casual than I had thought it would be. Kyle for some reason did not want to go here tonight, but we said he would enjoy it, think it may have been they didn`t have mac n cheese!!! Seated immediately and glanced through the menu. I ordered a Ginger Pineapple Cocktail which was lovely, you can just see it with the flower in it

IMG_0346.jpg

I ordered the crabcake in butter sauce and Tom had shrimp with a chilli dipping sauce to start, both were delicious. We started eating and had finished before we remembered the camera! Our main meals were shortribs, mash and red wine gravy for Tom, I had the pork with noodles and Kyle was very predictable and ordered chicken tenders!! I do have to say the service is wonderful here. However the pork I had was one of the most tasteless things I have ever eaten, I was so disappointed as I had kind of built this place up a lot to Tom and Kyle. Tom asked how it was and I said ok, but he hadn`t really enjoyed his either. Such a shame as it is a nice place. His mash I have to say was perfect.

IMG_0352.jpg

IMG_0353.jpg

Now when we were eating our appetisers Tom had a huge drip of water land on his head. He wiped it and we carried on eating. They took away our plates and another one landed where his plate had been. Sure enough there was a drip, so we called the girl over and told her, she said it was from the A/C and went to walk off, and we said well can we move as we don`t want drips in our meals. She spoke to a man who I assume was one of the restaurant manangers, he apologised and said they did have a problem in August with the humididty and drips with the A/C, and we were moved to what I think was the only other spare table. They had just brought our mains and there was a drip landed on Tom`s back. Couldn`t believe our bad luck but at least it was on his back, until another one landed on his head. We called the girl over and told her she asked if we were sure!!! Just at that a drip landed on Tom`s glasses, she said Oh and wandered off. She Spoke to the same guy and we never saw him again. Tom moved over beside me, but it was dripping slightly on the bit of table where his food would have been. So not very happy with the way they kind of ignored it.

IMG_0355.jpg

We did decide to order dessert and they were nice. Can`t remember what they were.

IMG_0359.jpg

IMG_0358.jpg

IMG_0357.jpg

We had a coffee and left with Kyle mumbling he said he didn`t think we should have gone!! Went upstairs to lounge, had a cocktail and headed off to the room for a coffee and bed.

SAT 22ND AUG

Slept till around 9am this morning, usual routine of shower breakfast and suncream. We were pleased with ourselves this year we have gone down to factor 50!!!! Crikey last 2 years we had factor 75, but not one bit of sunburn on our very pale west of Scotland skin :thumbsup2
Decided again not to go to clearwater, I don`t think any of us want to miss out on park days this time, especially at this point we think we may not be able to come back next year. So decide on the Islands again. It may seem dull to some the amount of time we have spent in IOA but we are having a BLAST :cheer2::cheer2: Down to the boat and it seemed a little cooler today which was lovely. Straight on the hulk, only twice this time as I wanted to do both sides of DD today so didn`t want my head funny, as sometimes happens if I do the hulk too often. Then Doom, beat my record and did this 9 times one after the other. Round to spiderman where there was a glitch and it just stopped then restarted, so we got to go again. Hit Dudley again, then JP which we did 3 times, I think I`m addicted to drops!!! The 3rd time round Kyle got absolutely drenched, I was laughing so hard I got the hiccups! Really painful ones......not so funny now mum :guilty:

Went to Thunder falls again for lunch Kyle mac n cheese, Tom had chicken and rib combo and I had ribs and those potatoes, shared a pink lemonade and then headed to DD. Not sure how good an idea it was to do this straight after lunch :rolleyes1........but off we trundled. Got straight on and I did Fire, that is my favourite, and they went on Ice again. Wandered back to do JP again and we got drenched this time. So as we were wet we went on Popeye`s barges. Now I have seen people come off this, but i didn`t really notice how drenched through they were............so I never pointed this out to them :laughing:

IMG_0362.jpg

Shame I don`t have an after pic. This is a hilarious ride, but why do people go on these rides with ponchos :confused3 We figured we may as well go back on as we couldn`t get much wetter.....could we. Yes!!!

Squelched our way to the resort boat and headed back to get changed, love this view

IMG_0335-1.jpg

All showered and changed we headed off to walmart as Kyle needed new trainers just to bum around in. Picked up a few things while we were there. Headed to Millenia Mall for a wander. Now this was Tom`s birthday trip, but he had gotten a camera he wanted before we arrived and said he didn`t want anything else, but I said well you might see something. But, upstairs we went into Tiffany and I had looked at a few things in there but wasn`t sure. Anyway he said just to get the chain and the rectangular pendant with Tiffany and co on, so I was a very happy bunny :love:. The Lindt shop were offering 50% off everything in store.....yep everything. Well it would be rude not to buy something. I love white chocolate, and Kyle loves dark, Tom eats anything so we bought 4 of the big bags and some bars to take home with us. Then we bought some more on the pretence we could give them away as presents :rolleyes1 Suitably happy with our purchases we headed back to hotel.

We pulled into the car park and there was sheriffs car questioning 2 young lads who appeared to have loads of pizza menus. But they were searching the car and one of them was in handcuffs, we never did find out what happened. Deposited our shopping we headed out for dinner. Couldn`t decide where to go we sat and then remembered a place on Turkey Lake Road called O`Charleys. It looked nice so thought we would give it a go. Tom decide he would like a go of the driving again so he set off for the few minute drive. There was a hammerhead behind us who couldn`t pass us on one side so literally screached past us on the left, but what he didn`t see was it was a turn off and he was about to run into grass. He literally jammed on the breaks but turned towards us, luckily Tom could now move to the right as the other guy had passed.......but what an idiot he was. We were not crawling he was just a moron.
So suitably shaken we arrived at the restaurant, very friendly place and immediately liked it. Tom and I ordered a steak each with mash, forgot to take a pic again Kyle had tenders. I had a mango mai tai and tom and i had cherry limeade which was new to us and we loved it. Dessert time and Kyle and Tom both ordered the chocolate cake, and I ordered ooey gooey caramel cake which was the sweetest, nicest, most moreish thing I have ever eaten

IMG_0366.jpg

IMG_0367.jpg

I just couldn`t finish it and it as I was full, but couldn`t stop nibbling at it, eventually asked the girl to take it away or I was going to actually burst.
Left there back to hotel and into citywalk for a wander and a wee cocktail or two :thumbsup2 Went to bed exhausted tonight.

SUNDAY 23RD

Slept quite late today, and really glad we did, as we all felt quite refreshed. I was really really hungry this morning so had to have a few Lindt to keep me going till breakfast :blush::blush: Tom decide he wanted to do Animal Kingdom. Aaaargggg!!!! We should have been up earlier if I had known he wanted to do Disney!!! They have queues there doesn`t he realise!!! But, off we trot and get there around 10.45.

IMG_0441.jpg

Go the central fastpass machine and get EE for 2pm but the safari was 11.45 so we wander around there. On the way we pass It`s a bugs life and decide to go in as we`ve never seen this either. It was good, lovely and cool as well which was a bonus as AK always seems to be a little hotter than other places. Get round in nice time for the safari, now we`ve done this loads of times but it`s always fun. I love elephants so always look forward to them the most. And we were not disappointed this year. When we got to the elephants we were lucky enough to witness the baby nursing its mother

IMG_0419.jpg

Even our guide stopped a little longer than normal as it was lovely to watch. I could have sat and watched the elephants all day. But we carried on and did get some good pics of most of the animals. Decided to go to RFC for lunch. This has become a bit of a tradition, whenever at AK we go there for lunch. Managed to get a table straight away, most visits we sit at the bar area as the wait is too long, so we were surprised, pleasantly. Got seated opposite the elephant :) Kyle ordered mac n cheese, Tom had bacon double cheeseburger and I had the asian chicken salad, all were lovely

IMG_0471.jpg

Don`t know what happened to my salad pic :confused:

IMG_0466.jpg

We really enjoyed our lunch and took our time wandering round to EE. We do love this ride, it was the first thing we went on when we came for the first time in 2007.

IMG_0477.jpg

IMG_0485.jpg

Now although I love the rides, I`m not too keen on heights! I`m always a bit nervous as this has kind of a slow climb in one bit. So with the fastpass we got on in 5 minutes or so. Kyle and I sat up front and Tom sat behind with a very chatty woman who started asking if we had been on before and what did we think of all the different bits, I`m glad we didn`t want to be surprised!!! So we get to the slow bit of the climb and I always shut my eyes here, then i`m fine........all of a sudden we stop!!!! Halfway up and I start panicking, but calmly...if you know what i mean. I`m shouting to Tom "why has it stopped why...why" as if he knows. Well this woman thinks it`s hilarious, and starts saying to me "oh we`re gonna fall.... we`re definately gonna fall oh I think we`re gonna have to climb out and shimmy down" I was not amused and neither was Tom who just glared at her. Anyway it must only have been 30 seconds and we were off. Really enjoyed it despite the blip.
Its so hot again we decide to head off as the queue to get back on EE is an hour. Head out of the park and back to hotel.
Showered and changed we head out to LBV outlet centre and as we head out the door the heavens open again, so we take the chance to take some snaps at the entrance

IMG_0503.jpg

IMG_0504.jpg

IMG_0511.jpg

Finally the rain eases and we head for LBV. This was our stomping ground past 2 years and we really like it there. So after a quick visit to the outlet centre we head for chilis another old fav, especially the 2 for 1 margaritas

DSC01534.jpg

Tom`s driving of course so he`s on coke and Kyle has a very creamy chocolate milk shake. We order mac n cheese for Kyle surprise surprise, Tom had the half rack with loaded mash and I had Ribeye and mash, all lovely again, for dessert they shared a molten lava dessert and I had ice cream with caramel sauce.

IMG_0520.jpg

IMG_0519.jpg

IMG_0518.jpg

IMG_0521.jpg

Think mine is a little small compared to theirs!!!
Headed back along to Turkey Lake Road and decided to pop back into walmart. Well Tom did, and he had a hidden agenda. He had seen a laptop earlier for sale in $ what we would pay in £`s and then some, but Tom being Tom had to think about for a bit. Now I thought he was buying it for him but he handed it to me and said happy birthday :love::love: I was so surprised. I`m not very technical with computers and he thought I needed some practice on one of my own. So we headed back to the room so they could "fiddle" with it and get it working :cool1: So between my Tiffany gift, Coach bag and a laptop I had done all right this trip for gifts. I was feeling very spoiled :cloud9:

IMG_0524.jpg

IMG_0523.jpg

Well they as happy as sandboys with a new toy to play with :confused3 So I climb into bed and leave them to it. Need a good sleep as we up early for MGM.

Another great couple of days, dont understand people going on waterrides either with Ponchos, although we would usually leave the water rides to just before going back to the resort, and do them all a few times each. Enjoy the rest of your stay

Thank you for your trip report. It's been a wonderful read and I look forward to the rest!

Your trip report is so much fun to read! Love all the food pix. Sounds like you got some awesome presents. Royal Pacific looks so nice (we usually stay at Portofino, but have been considering RP for our next trip).

Can’t wait to read more!

I too am very much enjoying your TR. You put a fresh "English" perspective on things. I think it's very funny, and refreshing, that you found Outback, Applebees, Red Lobster and Chilis (American staples) to be superior to Tchoup Chop. You do like a cocktail, don't you? :)

Keep it coming...

Great report - I'm returning next year after a gap of a few years so it's fun to read more recent reports.

Thanks for all the nice comments. I`m really enjoying writing this, but struggled to find the time last couple of weeks, but will endeavour to finish it soon.

MON 24TH

Well I wake up a bit depressed today as I realise that we are now into our final few days of our holiday. The boys don`t seem to want to waken up today and again it was Tom who wanted to do Disney again today. So I quietly mooch around and make myself a coffee and sit and just watch them testing out the rides and listening to that gentle whooshing of the Hulk while simultaneously hearing Doom firing up. Gosh I wish I was on that at the moment.
Anyway my tranquility is soon disturbed by them rumbling around, but very soon we are all ready and set off for MGM. Don`t like the Hollywood studios name. I opted to drive again today, poor Tom I forget how much he likes driving over here too. Anyway we arrive and we`re in the first car park. Head straight for RNR and got a fastpass for it, but the queue was showing 20 minutes so straight on and it seemed more like 10 minutes really. We always ask for the front as it doesn`t seem to throw you around as much there, so off we go. We love this ride, that bit at the start is just amazing, really catches your breath. Come off and go straight back on without using our fastpass yet. 10 mins later we`re sat at the front of the ride again.
We come off and head over to ToT, another old favorite

DSC01445-1.jpg

Queue is not too bad here either, we get in about 30 minutes later. Again we all love this ride. I nearly passed out in the queue while waiting to go on this ride the first year we came here as I was always terrified of dropping, but was determined to go on it. Never looked back and it became a firm favourite.

DSC01471-1.jpg

We went back and used the fastpasses for RnR, queue was now at 55 minutes so straight on and again waited for the front. It was really hot again today and we didn`t have much energy for some reason so we decided to go and watch the Indiana Jones stunt show as we had never seen it before. It was really entertaining and we enjoyed it, but it was nice just to be sat down in the shade. Went to the ABC Commisary for lunch. We had gone here last year and really enjoyed it, but it was nothing to write home about this time. We also had a table of really loud men who sat next to us. There must have been about 12 of themwho were maybe Brazilian or Mexican not quite sure, but boy did they shout at one another. So we ate up quickly and left.

Decide we had had enough of MGM and headed back to IOA. Now when we arrived they wanted to go straight on the Hulk, but as I hadn`t enjoyed and not finished the salad for lunch I said I was going to have a cinabon and wait for them to come off. Now I had never had one before, boy are they gorgeous. So I`m sat eating it under the shade at the tables opposite the Hulk when I recognised a girl from home. But spookily....remember I`m eating a big gooey cake.....she is the girl who runs my slimming class!!!!!! I quickly bin the last bit and shout after her. Well she is so surprised to see someone she knows as well, we have a hug and chat about a few things and then I wander back to wait for the boys, feeling a bit cheated about my last bit of cake. Well everyone knows the first bit and the last bit are the best :lmao: But it was nice to see someone from home.
We all wandered round a went on Doom 4 times, before doing JP 3 or 4 timesand Duelling Dragons. By this time we`re really hot and all want a shower so head back to hotel.
The clouds seemed to be gathering again so we decided not to go far tonight. A quick vote and it was to be Jakes bar again.
Decide to leave the camera tonight, we were going to regret that in a few moments.
So we sat down and had just ordered a drink when Tom suddenly looked up and said "Carole....turn around". Well I thought who the heck is it? I turned around and there was my alltime favourite cartoon character..... Scooby Doo :worship::worship: And guess who didn`t have a camera. Yep us!!! They came over to our table first and by that time Kyle had been despatched to run up and get it. So we explain to Shaggy about the camera and he promises they`ll do the rounds and come back. Well it was a desperate few minutes wondering if he`s going to get back down in time and I`m in bits as the one person I wanted my picture taken with was scooby. Anyway poor Kyle rushes back in and Tom puts the camera together with a few minutes to spare.

IMG_0526-1.jpg

IMG_0527-1.jpg

Well we were all like 5 year olds, I swear I had a tear in my eye when they went I was so excited. Kyle was a bit bemused I think, well he is 15 :confused3. We didn`t take any food pictures tonight and decided we would got the pool area for a drink and they could play pool.

IMG_0541-1.jpg

It was lovely and quiet at night, only a few people in the pool and even fewer at the bar. I had a cocktail and Tom had a beer Kyle had Ice cream. They were all lovely.

IMG_0543-1.jpg

It was lovely just sat relaxing, the guys at the bar were very chatty and we could have sat there all night but Kyle was yawning his head off by now. So at about 10.45 we headed upstairs and Tom mooched around the internet which he had decided to pay for for 3 days!!!! He didn`t realise it was free in the lobby area :headache:.
I woke up at around 1.30 and quietly sat waiting for the shuttle to launch, hoping I would be able to see it. Didn`t know it had been cancelled. So back to sleep for a few hours and as it was Tuesday it was Tom`s birthday.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOM :goodvibes

Well......as a surprise I had arranged for a birthday wake up call from Scooby Doo for Tom. Now seeing as we`re normally never more than 3 feet away from one another this was quite a challenge. But I managed to call and order this while he was in the shower. So as we were planning to spend the day in Magic Kingdom I thought it had better be quite early. So at 6.30 the phone goes and Kyle and I jump up and tell him to answer it. So he does......and he says "OK, why exactly". Well Kyle and I look at each other and wonder why he`s not smiling. Turns out it wasn`t Scooby............... it was a woman who told him it was his alarm call!!!!! "Why the heck is some woman telling me to get up at this time"!!!!!! Oh dear, not the best start to the day. I explain to him that it was supposed to be scooby and he would have liked that, he looked at me as if to say why exactly would I be happy to have anyone wake me at that time!!!! But we start to sing happy birthday and get out his cards and little presents that we had smuggled in without him seeing and prayed that customs wouldn`t tear open the packages. He had got his main present in Britain, which was the new camera he had wanted for a while. So happily placated with cards and gifts we get organised and head to MK.
Went straight to the willcall window and got his gift card, think it was $79 and he got his birthday button and we got celebrating with buttons. So headed for the boat as this is my favourite way to arrive in MK.

IMG_0557-1.jpg

IMG_0568-1.jpg

IMG_0575-1.jpg

Now the park was fairly empty this early but evenn so we didn`t expect no wait for Pirates, so as we headed round to go on Splash we took advantage and managed to get on Pirates twice. So we went back round again and lo and behold one guy gets his camera out and flashes once and we think not again. So like the guy from the other day we booooo him and then shout NO flash photography PLEASE!!!! It works and he puts it away and how lovely pirates is without a million flashes going off every time Johnny Depp appears.

IMG_0578-1.jpg

So happy getting Pirates done we headed round to Splash Mountain. Again I think because we were nice and early there was no real queue so we managed this 3 times before using the fastpass. Round to Thunder and then to Haunted Mansion.

IMG_0584-1.jpg

IMG_0585-1.jpg

Haunted Mansion is one of the best rides ever. I know some people aren`t impressed but I think it`s wonderful and so much fun, I love reading the grave stones on the way in.
So we decide we`re hungry and head to Columbia Harbour House as it`s handy, but we always eat here at least once a trip. We`re not disappointed. It`s not busy but we send Kyle upstairs to grab a table by the window. Kyle had his usual mac n cheese, Tom had the Tuna sandwich and I had shrimp and fries. Everything was lovely, nice and fresh. We went back on HM again and then decided as we don`t really do the kiddie rides we would head back to Universal. I was surprised they didn`t want to go on Buzz but as Space Mountain was down they couldn`t really be bothered heading down that way. Tom said it was his birthday so he could pick where he wanted to go. Well, who was I to argue :rolleyes1

So as we began to head out we were met by this eyesore

IMG_0590-1-1.jpg

Not a very pretty way to remember the castle, but I suppose they have to do whatever it was they were doing. Kyle then reminds us we didn`t get a Dolewhip this time. Well we all look at one another and sadly decide we haven`t got the room. So it`ll have to be for our next trip.

We park the car at the hotel, quick shower and head for the boat to Citywalk. Now again some people may think we spent far too much time at the Studios/IOA but we just love it so much, talk about being hooked on a place.

DSC01426-1.jpg

DSC01513-1.jpg

Don`t think we`re going to get on this ride at all. The queue is either 2 hours long or it`s not running. Very frustrating. But we do the usual rides, Mummy MIB, Simpsons.......well they do the Simpsons. We then head to IOA for a quick blast roundabout.

DSC01539-1.jpg

IMG_0306-1.jpg

Didn`t spend a huge amount of time as we wanted to go back and get ready to go out to Kobe, Tom`s choice for his birthday meal. We had so many places picked to go, but as soon as we decided on one he changed his mind again!! So headed back to hotel our favourite way

DSC01546-1.jpg

So all showered and changed we headed out for Kobe, on the way out i stopped at the Concierge desk to ask if they knew why Scooby hadn`t been our alarm call that morning. He apologised and said he would try and find out, and could he do anything to make up. I said there was no need I just wondered why. So gets back to Tom who in the space of 5 minutes has decided he doesn`t want to go to Kobe :confused3:confused3 On a whim he has decided we`ll go back to the Outback in LBV. Ok, it`s his birthday. So we set off and there is another storm, not fun to drive through but we make it.
There is only a 5 minute wait for a table, so we settle down and look at the menu and decide to share a bloomin onion as we have never tried one. But first we have that gorgeous bread and very creamy butter, no pics of that as we demolished it.

IMG_0594-1.jpg

Tom had the 18oz Porterhouse

IMG_0596-1.jpg

I had the the Ribeye

IMG_0595-1.jpg

Kyle had his usual mac n cheese. I should have named this trippie "How many mac n cheese`s can one boy eat?"

IMG_0597-1.jpg

No room for dessert tonight for me but Tom and Kyle shared Chocolate Thunder again. Headed back to the car and thankfully the rain had gone off so uneventful drive back thank goodness. We decide to sit in the Orchid Lounge as it was quite early. Brought the laptop down to keep kyle amused while we just sat and chilled. Tom had beer while I had a very nice glass of chardonnay.

IMG_0599-1.jpg

IMG_0600-1.jpg

Headed up to bed and made a coffee. Tom said it was the best birthday he had had for years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!