2 Week Tokyo/Osaka Trip Report (w/ Disney & Universal)

Day 3 (Part 3) - DisneySea

After our late lunch at Magellan's, we headed over to Port Discovery. Aquatopia had a 15 minute wait, so we hopped in the standby line.

20200210_064543.jpg

I've heard a lot of bad things about this ride, but we loved it. It was just so silly. We spent most of our time giggling.

It was now time to ride Journey with our DAS.

PSX_20200210_064925.jpg

This was our first time riding with the DAS. Redeeming it would prove to be just as awkward as getting the return time.

While in line, one of the cast members recognized me from our previous rides. He asked how many times we had been on Journey, and he exclaimed loudly and hilariously when I said it was our third time that day.

The cast members really are the difference between the Tokyo parks and the parks in the US. The worst Tokyo cast member we came across would be in the 90th percentile of US cast members.

Next, we decided to get a DAS return time for Soaring. The lines for it had been insanely long all day. Our return time was like 3 hours out.

After that we walked around Mermaid Lagoon for a bit. We didn't do any of the attractions.

PSX_20200210_073114.jpg

PSX_20200210_073439.jpg

There was only one area we hadn't been to yet. The Arabian Coast!

We were pretty hungry, so we tried to find the Chandu Bun. Apparently they don't have it any more. So we ignored our stomachs for the time being and hopped in the standby line for Sindbad's Storybook Adventure.

PSX_20200210_075946.jpg

I adored this ride. It is one of my top two favorite dark rides I've ever been on.

PSX_20200210_080020.jpg

PSX_20200210_080119.jpg

PSX_20200210_080210.jpg

I enjoyed the ride so much, we rode it again immediately. It was a walk on both times.

It still wasn't time for our Soaring DAS, so we decided to listen to our stomachs and get something to eat. We settled on Gyoza Dogs! Sorry the picture is so bad.

PSX_20200210_080559.jpg

After that we did some more shopping. Then we got our last snack of the night.

PSX_20200210_080702.jpg

I thought these only came in 3 flavors: Chocolate, Strawberry, and Vanilla. It turns out if you get the 9 pack you get a 4th flavor: Green Tea. It was our least favorite flavor. I loved the chocolate, and Pocky loved the Vanilla.

It was now 6:40, and finally time to use our DAS. The park was closing at 7pm, so this would be our last ride of the day. Of course, I forgot to take any good pictures. The only one I did take was of a painting in the preshow. This painting does end up playing a large part in said show.

soaring_painting.jpg

We had originally planned on skipping Soaring, but I'm glad we didn't. The last two scenes are different from the version at WDW. And the queue and preshow are amazing.

We exited Soaring just as Fantasmic was ending. So we exited the park with the masses and headed for the monorail.

We were able to do the following attractions on what was a very busy day:

Journey to the Center of the Earth x3
Sindbad's Storybook Voyage x2
Soaring: Fantastic Flight
Indiana Jones Adventure: Temple of the Crystal Skull
20,000 Leagues Under the Sea
Aquatopia

We loved every ride except 20,000 Leagues.

We also did a lot of shopping! I bought a Chandu passholder, Tokyo Disneyland Resort pin, soundtrack CDs for both parks, and a mini Journey to the Center of the Earth ride vehicle. Pocky bought too many things to list, lol. Mostly food to bring home and Duffy related merch.

That does it for our first day at DisneySea. I'll be back shortly with our first day at Disneyland.

Last edited:

After our late lunch at Magellan's, we headed over to Port Discovery. Aquatopia had a 15 minute wait, so we hopped in the standby line.

View attachment 472435

I've heard a lot of bad things about this ride, but we loved it. It was just so silly. We spent most of our time giggling.

View attachment 472437

This was our first time riding with the DAS. Redeeming it would prove to be just as awkward as getting the return time.

While in line, one of the cast members recognized me from our previous rides. He asked how many times we had been on Journey, and he exclaimed loudly and hilariously when I said it was our third time that day.

The cast members really are the difference between the Tokyo parks and the parks in the US. The worst Tokyo cast member we came across would be in the 90th percentile of US cast members.

Next, we decided to get a DAS return time for Soaring. The lines for it had been insanely long all day. Our return time was like 3 hours out.

After that we walked around Mermaid Lagoon for a bit. We didn't do any of the attractions.

View attachment 472445

View attachment 472447

We were pretty hungry, so we tried to find the Chandu Bun. Apparently they don't have it any more. So we ignored our stomachs for the time being and hopped in the standby line for Sindbad's Storybook Adventure.

View attachment 472452

I adored this ride. It is one of my top two favorite dark rides I've ever been on.

View attachment 472451

View attachment 472449

View attachment 472453

I enjoyed the ride so much, we rode it again immediately. It was a walk on both times.

It still wasn't time for our Soaring DAS, so we decided to listen to our stomachs and get something to eat. We settled on Gyoza Dogs! Sorry the picture is so bad.

View attachment 472454

View attachment 472455

I thought these only came in 3 flavors: Chocolate, Strawberry, and Vanilla. It turns out if you get the 9 pack you get a 4th flavor: Green Tea. It was our least favorite flavor. I loved the chocolate, and Pocky loved the Vanilla.

It was now 6:40, and finally time to use our DAS. The park was closing at 7pm, so this would be our last ride of the day. Of course, I forgot to take any pictures.

We had originally planned on skipping Soaring, but I'm glad we didn't. The last two scenes are different from the version at WDW. And the queue and preshow are amazing.

We exited Soaring just as Fantasmic was ending. So we exited the park with the masses and headed for the monorail.

Aquatopia

We also did a lot of shopping! I bought a Chandu passholder, Tokyo Disneyland pin, soundtrack CDs for both parks, and a mini Journey to the Center of the Earth ride vehicle. Pocky bought too many things to list, lol. Mostly food to bring home and Duffy related merch.

That does it for our first day at DisneySea. I'll be back shortly with our first day at Disneyland.
I didn’t realize people disliked aquatopia. We loved it too! We rode it twice because we liked it so much. We also loved sinbad and it was a walk on when we did it. I can’t wait to hopefully take our son next year to mermaid lagoon. The Ariel playground is really cute. I hope we get to ride soaring next year. It’ll depend on waits and we will have to take turns riding

I’m not who you asked but we are there for lunch last year. I would compare the quality to The Wave. We thought it was all very good and would eat there again. I agree the portions were small but you get multiple courses and it’s a perfect amount to not make you feel too full
I was asking Chisoxcollector specifically since he's doing the report, but I certainly welcome any other opinions! Thank you. :) Unfortunately I have not been to The Wave but I hear the raves on the Unplugged videos all the time.

Agree! Apologies if I missed it earlier in your posts but what camera are you using?
All photos were taken with my Samsung Galaxy S10+.
I'm curious about Magellan's as that's the only table service I was considering doing. By the food being "very good," if you had to compare the overall quality, not specifically the cuisine or the taste, to a WDW or DL restaurant, which would you say it compares to? I'm honestly wondering if it's worth it, especially since I'll be solo. Thanks for the continued, awesome report!
I’m not who you asked but we are there for lunch last year. I would compare the quality to The Wave. We thought it was all very good and would eat there again. I agree the portions were small but you get multiple courses and it’s a perfect amount to not make you feel too full
I agree with Haley, The Wave is a good comparison.
We eat so much bread at Magellan's!

The sets used to include unlimited soft drinks too, but unfortunately that changed ... a year or two ago?
I think I ate 4 rolls with my meal, lol. I wish they had free refills. They whisked my Kirin Lemon glass away as soon as I finished it.
I didn’t realize people disliked aquatopia. We loved it too! We rode it twice because we liked it so much. We also loved sinbad and it was a walk on when we did it. I can’t wait to hopefully take our son next year to mermaid lagoon. The Ariel playground is really cute. I hope we get to ride soaring next year. It’ll depend on waits and we will have to take turns riding
They do offer Rider Swap. The return time paper slips they gave me for DAS also had a rider switch section on it.

20200210_101810.jpg

All photos were taken with my Samsung Galaxy S10+.

I agree with Haley, The Wave is a good comparison.

I think I ate 4 rolls with my meal, lol. I wish they had free refills. They whisked my Kirin Lemon glass away as soon as I finished it.

They do offer Rider Swap. The return time paper slips they gave me for DAS also had a rider switch section on it.

View attachment 472488
Oh that’s good to know! Dh said he would just wait and not worry about riding. He might change his mind when we go. He isn’t a huge rides person though

I think I ate 4 rolls with my meal, lol

Haha - I normally eat between 6 and 8! Especially if I have soup for one of the courses.

It’s a shame they’ve stopped the Chanda curry buns. They’re the most delicious snack item, other than fresh churros of course!

View attachment 472435

View attachment 472437

View attachment 472445

View attachment 472447

View attachment 472452

View attachment 472451

View attachment 472449

View attachment 472453

View attachment 472454

View attachment 472455

It was now 6:40, and finally time to use our DAS. The park was closing at 7pm, so this would be our last ride of the day. Of course, I forgot to take any pictures.

Aquatopia

We also did a lot of shopping! I bought a Chandu passholder, Tokyo Disneyland Resort pin, soundtrack CDs for both parks, and a mini Journey to the Center of the Earth ride vehicle. Pocky bought too many things to list, lol. Mostly food to bring home and Duffy related merch.

So what is in the Goyza Dog...? Just like a regular hot dog? or is more like sasuage? or something all together different? It looks really interesting....

The meal at Magellan's looked really wonderful... and yummy.... How did you make reservations? and was it easy? can you please explain...

Looking forward to your next day.... How is you knee feeling?

So what is in the Goyza Dog...? Just like a regular hot dog? or is more like sasuage? or something all together different? It looks really interesting....

The meal at Magellan's looked really wonderful... and yummy.... How did you make reservations? and was it easy? can you please explain...

Looking forward to your next day.... How is you knee feeling?
You can make them online a month before. They recently added English support for reservations! Or you can do it day of at the restaurant starting at 10am.

Haha - I normally eat between 6 and 8! Especially if I have soup for one of the courses.

It’s a shame they’ve stopped the Chanda curry buns. They’re the most delicious snack item, other than fresh churros of course!

We were just there in November and it was available at the ice cream stand. It's not the tail shape anymore, it's round like the Donald Life Preserver bun, but it is still an orange curry bun and the packaging has Chandu's face.

It was for sure my favorite snack in DisneySea, what a bummer if it's gone.

We were just there in November and it was available at the ice cream stand. It's not the tail shape anymore, it's round like the Donald Life Preserver bun, but it is still an orange curry bun and the packaging has Chandu's face.

That's the ones we had too. They were at a small kiosk not too far from the exit from Sindbad in the direction heading towards Mermaid Lagoon when we went.

Day 4 (Part 1) - Disneyland

One of the major side effects of booking an offseason trip is ride closures. When we booked our flight, the ride closures for our dates hadn't been announced yet. We decided that there were 3 rides that, if they were going to be down for our dates, we would reschedule our trip. Those 3 rides were Journey to the Center of the Earth, Pooh's Hunny Hunt, and Monsters Inc: Ride and Seek.

We got lucky, and all 3 would be operational during our trip. There were quite a few closures, though. I bring this up now because Disneyland was hit particularly hard. Peter Pan's Flight, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, and Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin were all closed. We were especially disappointed about the Roger Rabbit ride, as we don't have that in Florida. Still, it could have been much worse.

So, on with the trip report! Based on our experience the previous day at DisneySea, we decided to arrive a bit later this morning. With the special disabled line, there was no point arriving so early. So we got there about 40 minutes prior to opening, and asked the first cast member we saw where the disabled line was.

He had no clue what we were talking about. He got somebody else, who also got somebody else, etc. Eventually, after much discussion, they finally lead us towards the disabled line.

And then they took us to the end of a HUGE line and just started to leave. I stopprd them and asked if this was the disabled line, and they said they don't have a disabled line, and to just wait here.

So, not the best start to the morning. Going in to this trip, I had no expectation of a special line. I had no problem arriving super early to get a decent spot in line. But once I'm told I don't have to do that, I get quite annoyed when it proves not to be true.

Anyway. Eventually we entered the park. We bee-lined to Monsters Inc: Ride and Seek to grab a Fastpass. Then we went straight to Pooh's Hunny Hunt to ride via standby.

20200207_132701.jpg

Wow, this is such a great ride! I kind of hate our Pooh ride in Florida. Partly because I think it's a mediocre ride and partly because it replaced one of my all-time favorites, Mr. Toad's Wild Ride. After riding this, I'm going to hate ours even more.

After exiting, we decided to grab a DAS for Pooh so we could ride it again. The return time wasn't very far off, so we decided to kill time in Fantasyland. Which meant that we rode It's a Small World next.

20200206_155108.jpg

I actually really enjoy this version of the ride. It's so much better with all of the Disney characters mixed in.

Next, we did Pinocchio's Daring Journey. Maybe it's nostalgia talking, but I enjoy these classic dark rides. Of course, I forgot to take any pictures here.

It was now time to ride Pooh again via DAS. It was even better the second time! This really is one of Disney's best attractions.

It was almost time for our Monsters Inc: Ride and Seek FP. So we headed back to Tomorrowland. On the way, we grabbed our first snack of the day.

20200206_155514.jpg

This was one of the best popsicles I've ever had. It was peach and raspberry flavor. It was seriously delicious. We meant to try the tropical fruit flavor at some point but never got around to it.

While we were in line for the popsicle, a large group of girls wearing matching outfits and Ham (from Toy Story) hats got in line behind us. Pocky and I were smiling and pointed at their hats and one of us said "cute". The girl in front lit up, pointed at her hat, and said "pig!". We asked if we could take their picture. The girls got so excited and posed for us.

We ran into the group again a little bit later. They said hi to us and told us to have a nice day. Our interactions with these girls were one of the most memorable moments from our entire trip.

After the popsicle and pigs, it was time for our Monsters Inc: Rise and Seek FP.

This was cute, but a bit of a letdown. I guess I was expecting something on par with Pooh's Hunny Hunt, and this wasn't even close. It was definitely better than the Monsters Inc ride in California though. When we exited we grabbed another FP to give it another chance later.

One of the great things about the Tokyo parks is the roaming characters. Even if you aren't interested in meeting them it adds to the ambiance of the park when you see characters everywhere. We did notice the lack of face characters, though. The only one we saw was Aurora, who just stood in one spot twirling around and talking to people from a small distance.

After seeing Aurora, we had our first taste of the fabled Tokyo Disney popcorn. We got Honey popcorn from a booth between World Bazaar and Tomorrowland.

I thought it was kind of meh, but Pocky liked it.

Next we headed back to Fantasyland and rode Snow White's Adventures. Then we proceeded towards Haunted Mansion, where we got a DAS return time.

By now we were quite hungry. We had planned on eating at the Queen of Hearts Banquet Hall, but the menu didn't look very good. So we ended up eating an early lunch at Grandma Sara's Kitchen.

It was much too dark inside to take any photos. Pocky had Omurice with a crab croquette and sausage, and I had Chicken Rice Gratin. Both were decent, but nothing special. And we both left hungry.

It was time to do Haunted Mansion via DAS. I was surprised how different it was. Also, it looked brand spanking new compared to the one at WDW. The cemetery ghosts where so bright and vivid.

It was now time for our Monsters Inc FP. Once again, we looped back towards Tomorrowland. I promise we did eventually leave Tomorrowland and Fantasyland!

On my second ride thru of Monsters, I just sat back and let everybody else use their flashlights. I came to appreciate the ride a bit more. I was able to absorb more of the charm and details that way. One thing to note is that I almost didn't fit on this ride. This time it wasn't a girth but a height issue. I had absolutely no room for my legs. I had to contort my body at an angle to fit in the vehicle.

At this point we decided to begin a counterclockwise loop around the park. Which, of course, meant going thru Fantaslyland again. And we couldn't go thru Fantasyland without grabbing another FP for Pooh's Hunny Hunt!

Before long we reached Adventureland. The first attraction we saw was Enchanted Tiki Room: Stitch Presents Aloha e Komo Mai!

20200207_170607.jpg

A show was starting shortly, so we headed in. We don't often do these types of attractions in the US, but this was cute. It was also pretty short.

Next up was another ride I was super excited for. Pirates of the Caribbean!

20200214_131806.jpg

Tokyo Disney still has it's original version of the attraction, albeit with the added characters from the films. Not only is the redhead still up for auction, but there are still pirates chasing women in circles, rather than vice versa.

I adored this ride. The Pirates ride in Disneyland might be my all-time favorite attractions and this was one is on par with that one. I enjoy the one in Florida, but really wish we had the version from Tokyo or Anaheim. The added scenes really enhance the experience.

That wraps up part 1 of our first day at Tokyo Disneyland. Part 2 soon to follow!

Last edited:
Day 4 (Part 2) - Disneyland

We pick up in Adventureland after riding Pirates of the Caribbean. We decided to forego a proper dinner, and just snack all evening. First was a Mango Tapioca drink that Pocky enjoyed.

Next up was some Soy Sauce and Butter popcorn from a stand near Cafe Orleans.

20200204_212438.jpg

This was pretty terrible. We threw away 95% of it. Our next snack was a weird beef and mashed potatoes cone.

This was decent, though I wish the beef and potatoes were mixed together.

We were still in Adventureland, so we jumped in the standby line for Jungle Cruise. I actually preferred this Japanese version to ours in FL. The skipper was so animated, it was a lot of fun.

Pirates of the Caribbean still had a 5 minute wait, so we rode that again. Then we continued our snack odyssey.

We hadn't visited Toontown yet, so we headed that way. On the way there, we stopped at Plazma Ray's and got a Mickey Glove Chicken bun. This was okay, but nothing special.

While in Tomorrowland, we also grabbed a DAS for Star Tours. Then we continued to Toontown.

Our first Toontown snack was this Meat Sauce Long Naan. This was really good.

For our last snack of the night, we got these spring rolls. One was pizza, which was really good. The other was egg and shrimp, which wasn't as good.

It was time to return to Star Tours for our DAS. We walked through the new Beauty and the Beast area to get there. It looks really amazing. While in this area we ran into Spencer from WDWNT. We had a nice chat and then went on our way to Star Tours.

In the Star Tours queue, they have hitchhiking droids. So cool!

We still had a bit more time until we could use our Pooh FP, so we rode It's a Small World and Pinocchio again via standby. Both were short waits. I love how It's a Small World looks at night.

It was finally time for our Pooh FP. It would be our final ride of the night.

Sadly, it was time to leave. Good night Tokyo Disneyland!

It was another awesome day. We were able to do the following attractions:

Pooh's Hunny Hunt x3
Monsters Inc: Ride and Seek x2
Pirates of the Caribbean x2
It's a Small World x2
Pinocchio's Daring Journey x2
Jungle Cruise
Haunted Mansion
Snow White's Adventures
Enchanted Tiki Room
Star Tours

We also spent some time shopping, and some time sitting so I could give my knee a rest.

That does it for part 2 of our first day at Tokyo Disneyland. We'll be back soon for round 2 at DisneySea!

Last edited:
Day 5 - Tokyo DisneySea

Good morning Mt. Fuji!

disney_3_mt_fuji.jpg

Our third day at Disney brings us back to DisneySea. Due to the presence of a priority line for us at this park (and only this park), we arrived about 30 minutes prior to opening.

I got really annoyed once the park opened. They started letting everybody in about 5 minutes before opening time. Everybody, that is, except for our line. They waited about 3 minutes before letting us in. Not only that, but they forced us to stay all in the same line, going to the same person to present our tickets, even though there were 5 other ticket takers just standing there. Due to this combination, thousands of people entered the park before we did. As amazing as all of the cast members are, I’m definitely not impressed with the consistency of park operations at Tokyo Disney.

Once inside, we headed straight to Journey to the Center of the Earth to grab a FP and ride standby. And of course, the ride was down. We couldn’t get FP either.

So we went to Indiana Jones Adventure: Temple of the Crystal Skull instead. Because of the delay getting in, and Journey being down, there was already a very long wait for standby. So we grabbed a FP and kept moving.

We decided to do Nemo & Friends Searider for the first time. And we got there just in time. Within seconds, hundreds of people entered the standby line right behind us.

disney_3_searider_facade.jpg

This was cuter than I expected. It’s so much better than the Nemo ride we have at Epcot.

After Nemo, we did Aquatopia a couple of times. It was insanely cold today, by far the coldest day of our trip. So nobody was riding Aquatopia due to the temperature. I could have ridden it 10 times in a row, but Pocky couldn’t handle the cold more than twice.

It was now time for our Indy FP. I really wish we could trade Dinosaur for Indiana Jones in Florida. It’s crazy how they can take basically the same ride, but with different “skins”, and have one be so much better than the other.

Funny story, I'm convinced I was this close to dying during this ride. Literally. I was in an aisle seat. I have a really bad back, and used to always hurt myself on Indy and Dinosaur. A couple of years ago, Pocky suggested that I relax, and let myself get whipped around like a rag doll, rather than stiffening up. I started doing that, and it actually helped quite a bit.

So I was all loosey goosey as the ride started. We made a sharp turn, and I literally started to fall completely sideways. I reached out at the last second, and just caught the handrail before I fell completely. If I had missed the handrail, I would have been completely dangling sideways out of the vehicle, and/or possibly fallen out completely. Needless to say, I wasn't as loosey goosey going forward. It was still a great ridethru though, lol!

Journey to the Center of the Earth was now up. We grabbed a FP, and jumped in the standby line. Then we headed towards the American Waterfront.

Along the way we saw a big line for Ukiwa buns. We were quite hungry, so we grabbed a couple. These were okay. I had heard great things, but to be honest, most of the buns I got at Disney tasted about the same. They were all fine, but none really stood out in any way. They definitely look cute in their packaging though!

disney_3_ukiwa.jpg

The Cape Cod part of the American Waterfront area was always SOOO busy. The only time it wasn't slammed was near closing time. There are also lots and lots of ducks in this area. We found where they hang out when they aren't begging guests for food.

disney_3_ducks.jpg

Pocky did a bit more shopping at the various Duffy stores, and we grabbed a DAS return time for Tower of Terror.

disney_3_tower_of_terror_facade.jpg

Then we walked around the Toy Story area for a bit, and grabbed some more Little Green Man mochi.

disney_3_toy_story.jpg

disney_3_alien_mochi.jpg

We continued walking around the American Waterfront area killing time until our Journey FP. In this area there were some decorations for the Pixar Playtime event.

disney_3_jack_jack.jpg

disney_3_luxo_ball.jpg

We still had some time to kill, so we headed towards Mount Prometheus, hoping to find some grub along the way.

disney_3_prometheus.jpg

We found a cart in Port Discovery with a REALLY long line that was selling Pizza Turnovers. Since we had time to kill, Pocky got in line while I tried to find an attraction with FP remaining. I went to Indy first, but they were done distributing FP for the day. Luckily, Nemo and Friends Searider still had some left. FP in hand, I headed back towards the Pizza Turnover line.

Pocky was still about 15 people back. I grabbed a seat on a bench and waited. Two Japanese girls (18-20ish) sat on the next bench over. A pigeon came up pretty close to me, and for some reason the girls thought it was HILARIOUS. They were laughing hysterically. All because a pigeon got within a foot of my... foot.

Finally Pocky had secured us some food. They had two flavors: Chicken Mozzarella and Seafood Cheese Curry. Both were good, though I preferred the Chicken Mozzarella.

disney_3_pizza_turnover_seafood.jpg

disney_3_pizza_turnover_chicken.jpg

With some much needed food in our bellies, we used our FP for Journey to the Center of the Earth. Man, I love that ride. I even bought a miniature version of the ride vehicle. I wanted to buy a pin, but apparently they have never produced a pin for that ride.

We were still pretty hungry, and I was jonesing for some Chandu, so we headed to the Arabian Coast.

disney_3_arabian_coast.jpg

First, we rode Sindbad's Storybook Voyage twice in a row. I think this is firmly my second favorite dark ride of all time. It's only behind the Disneyland/Tokyo Disneyland versions of Pirates of the Caribbean.

disney_3_sindbad_giant.jpg

disney_3_sindbad_whale.jpg

After satisfying my Sindbad and Chandu needs, we got some more snacks. First, the fabled Mickey Churros.

disney_3_churros.jpg

disney_3_churro_mickey.jpg

These were only okay. They were quite hard, and didn't have enough cinnamon sugar.

Next we got a James P. Sullivan bun. This was also only okay. It was filled with chicken and corn, but didn't really taste like anything. It was cute, though!

disney_3_james_p_sullivan_bun.jpg

I needed to rest my knee, and was quite parched, so Pocky went in search of a fountain drink. She returned with a Coke and one of these Peach Milk Strawberry Jelly desserts.

disney_3_peach_milk_strawberry_jellied_dessert.jpg

I'm not much of a Jello guy, but she liked it quite a bit.

It was time for our Searider FP. I really enjoy the preshow bit explaining the shrinking submersible.

disney_3_searider_show.jpg

It was almost time for our Tower of Terror DAS, so we headed that way.

disney_3_duffy_friends.jpg

disney_3_columbia.jpg

disney_3_tower_of_terror_evening.jpg

I panicked a bit when I boarded this ride. Unlike the US versions of this attraction, they have a shoulder belt here. When I first tried to buckle in, the belt wasn't long enough. Panic and embarrassment quickly set in. I contorted my body in about 5 different positions, trying to make myself as small as possible. Just as the ride attendant came to try to help, I finally got it to click in. I literally couldn't move, but I was in!

I loved their version of the attraction. I definitely got a different sensation here, since I couldn't rise out of the seat even one millimeter due to the shoulder belt. I actually felt the drops in my stomach more here, even though I'm pretty sure it's the mildest version of the ride.

I think I'm the one person that enjoys the different versions in California, Florida, and Tokyo about equally. The theming is quite different for all of them, but they are all awesome in their own way.

After ToT, we walked over to the Toy Story area to check it out at night. It was really stunning.

disney_3_toy_story_evening_3.jpg

disney_3_toy_story_evening.jpg

disney_3_toy_story_evening_2.jpg

At that point, we decided to call it a night. This was the point when the fleeting nature of our visit to Tokyo Disney really began to set in. We only had one day left!!!

Good night DisneySea!

disney_3_globe_evening.jpg

We were able to ride the following attractions today:

Journey to the Center of the Earth x2
Sindbad’s Storybook Voyage x2
Nemo and Friends Searider x2
Aquatopia x2
Tower of Terror

***I forgot to mention something. It got so cold and windy once the sun went down, it was almost unbearable. I only had a very light jacket. At the Mysterious Island gift shop, I ended up buying some Oswald gloves and an absolutely ridiculous Lotso hat. They sold beanies, but they were way too small for my giant noggin. I walked around with a giant, furry, bright pink Lotso on my head for most of the night. No pictures have been provided as to protect the innocent.

Last edited:
I was wondering and have a couple of questions..

We are planning on 3 1/2 days in the parks... and we are buying a 4 day ticket, so we have the option of park hopping on day 3 and 4... we are planning on checking out of our Hotel in Odaiba, and heading over to the Hilton Tokyo Bay... once we get there check in, get tickets... and head for the parks so this will be our half day... we are really not planning a time frame nor have we decided on transportation between the two.... if we will be going by train or private car or taxi...

Do you feel that Disney Seas is a one day park?... that you can pretty much see it all and do a fair amount of things... DH isn't a big coaster guy he does like thunder and splash mountain, and rode Indiana Jones at Disneyland Paris and it goes up side down and he loved it, we both love Indy and the theming was so cool I think that played into the whole thing ... he diffidently will not ride Tower of Terror, he just really doesn't like the ride here at WDW he can't get into the story line, so I can't see him wanting him to do it... plus he a solid 6'4" so his height will come into play for sure...

For sure we are doing 2 full days at Disneyland... that's set in stone...

So that leaves us with the 1/2 a day... so where should we go on arrival day...? and why?

I ask all this as several of our friends that have been and in reading trip reports here... Is seems like most people spend more time at Disneyland... my friends said the only reason they went back to Disney Seas one evening, was to enjoy adult beverages and walk around check out all the lands, in the evening everything is lit up and was quite impressive.. and take a ton of pictures...

Last edited:
Great pictures in this update! The ducks are wild. And Toyville is gorgeous at night.

I was wondering and have a couple of questions..

We are planning on 3 1/2 days in the parks... and we are buying a 4 day ticket, so we have the option of park hopping on day 3 and 4... we are planning on checking out of our Hotel in Odaiba, and heading over to the Hilton Tokyo Bay... once we get there check in, get tickets... and head for the parks so this will be our half day... we are really not planning a time frame nor have we decided on transportation between the two.... if we will be going by train or private car or taxi...

Do you feel that Disney Seas is a one day park?... that you can pretty much see it all and do a fair amount of things... DH isn't a big coaster guy he does like thunder and splash mountain, and rode Indiana Jones at Disneyland Paris and it goes up side down and he loved it, we both love Indy and the theming was so cool I think that played into the whole thing ... he diffidently will not ride Tower of Terror, he just really doesn't like the ride here at WDW he can't get into the story line, so I can't see him wanting him to do it... plus he a solid 6'4" so his height will come into play for sure...

For sure we are doing 2 full days at Disneyland... that's set in stone...

So that leaves us with the 1/2 a day... so where should we go on arrival day...? and why?

I ask all this as several of our friends that have been and in reading trip reports here... Is seems like most people spend more time at Disneyland... my friends said the only reason they went back to Disney Seas one evening, was to enjoy adult beverages and walk around check out all the lands, in the evening all lite up everything was quite impressive.. and take a ton of pictures...

Spoiler Alert: We were at Tokyo Disney for 4 full days. 2.5 at Disneysea, 1.5 at Disneyland. We definitely felt like our time was better spent at Disneysea. If you will never have access to another castle park, then maybe I could see spending more time at Disneyland.

Depending on crowd levels during your visit you may not even be able to get to everything in one day. Soaring, Journey to the Center of the Earth, Toy Story Mania, Tower of Terror, and Indiana Jones all can have very long waits. Then you still have lots of other attractions, as well as shows to consider.

And that isn’t even considering allowing time to walk around and take in one of the most beautiful theme parks in the world.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!