2 Week Countdown - What am I missing?

JJ2017

DIS Veteran
I leave in exactly 2 weeks! Just me. Have never been. I will have 1 day park hopper with Maxpass.

I added a night to my hotel stay so now I will be waking up in DLR and going to bed in DLR (offsite). I am happy with this choice because I can now take a break if I need and will also have a nice short walk back to the hotel at night.

I'm going on a Thursday - DL opens at 7 for MM and I have a 7:20 Plaza Inn breakfast - WHAT TIME SHOULD I GET TO THE GATES? CAN I WALK IN WITH A CUP OF COFFEE?

I have the Hungry Bear On-The-Go package at 7:00 for the 2nd Fantasmic Show - 10:30. WHERE SHOULD I SIT AND EAT?

I plan to watch Paint The Night at 8:50 - WHERE SHOULD I STAND AND WHAT TIME SHOULD I GET THERE?

Fireworks at the castle isn't a priority - but could I see that after PTN? Strategy?

I am limited on rides b/c of motion sickness so I have the ones I want planned out and thanks to this board have a good Maxpass strategy. I still don't know if I should do Single Rider or Maxpass for RSR.

Anything worthwhile going to check out in DTD? I have been there a couple of times and literally just got back from WDW Disney Springs which is amazing. But if there is something different there, I'll check it out.

Can I bring in a backpack, water, snacks?

Hope it's not as hot as the last heatwave!

Can't wait!

I will try to help with some of that.
I have the Hungry Bear On-The-Go package at 7:00 for the 2nd Fantasmic Show - 10:30. WHERE SHOULD I SIT AND EAT?
There is seating right there where you pick up your food. You can eat on the second level (where you get the food) or walk downstairs and sit closer to the water. Both are nice areas to sit and there are plenty of tables. You'll have a nice view of Rivers of America.
Anything worthwhile going to check out in DTD? I have been there a couple of times and literally just got back from WDW Disney Springs which is amazing. But if there is something different there, I'll check it out.
It is being redone right now. I haven't been there since they opened the new bowling alley. For having one day, I wouldn't bother with it.
Can I bring in a backpack, water, snacks?
Yes. You can bring all of that. I recommend always having water on hand and always having a healthy snack. Sometimes the lines for everything are long and it's helpful to have water and a snack on hand to keep you hydrated and keep your blood sugar up.
I am limited on rides b/c of motion sickness so I have the ones I want planned out and thanks to this board have a good Maxpass strategy. I still don't know if I should do Single Rider or Maxpass for RSR.
I've only done Single Rider and the Fast Pass line always passes me by. I'd use my MaxPass unless I have some time to kill and don't mind waiting in Single Rider line. FWIW, I usually wait 20 minutes in Single Rider. There are times when I ask how long the wait is and it's been an hour. I never wait that long for rides. I tend to go on busier days.

... I plan to watch Paint The Night at 8:50 - WHERE SHOULD I STAND AND WHAT TIME SHOULD I GET THERE?

Fireworks at the castle isn't a priority - but could I see that after PTN? Strategy?

... I still don't know if I should do Single Rider or Maxpass for RSR...

Regarding viewing PTN and fireworks on the same night: Viewing PTN and Pixar Fireworks on Same Night?.

For RSR, why not try both MP and SR? This is a ride you will want to do more than once, especially if you can get a MP for a ride at night. Then you could do SR during the day if the line isn't too long.

Regarding viewing PTN and fireworks on the same night: Viewing PTN and Pixar Fireworks on Same Night?.

For RSR, why not try both MP and SR? This is a ride you will want to do more than once, especially if you can get a MP for a ride at night. Then you could do SR during the day if the line isn't too long.
thanks! can you clarify the maxpass rule if i have a late night FP for RSR? i forget what the rule is about choosing a FP before that time.

thanks! can you clarify the maxpass rule if i have a late night FP for RSR? i forget what the rule is about choosing a FP before that time.

The post below explains things very well. If you get a FP for RSR with a late return time, you will be able to get a FP for another ride after 90 minutes. You will not be able to get another FP for RSR until you scan your first FP for that ride, so, if your FP return time is late, SR will probably work better for additional rides there. Hope all this makes sense.

I wanted to expand on #3. Getting FP as quickly as the system will allow is key to making the most of it.
  • If your return time is less than 30 minutes: you can get another FP in 30 minutes
  • If your return time is between 30-90 minutes: you can get another FP when your window opens
  • If your return time is 90 minutes or more: you can get another FP after 90 minutes
  • If you aren't sure on the timing just refer to the app. It will tell you when you can get your next FP.
But...
  • If you use your most recent FP you can immediately get another. You don't need to wait 30 minutes. This is really fun when you find a ride with immediate FP's available because you can ride as many times as you want with no wait.
  • You cannot have 2 FP for the same ride at the same time. You must scan into the ride, then get another. There are a few rides (Indy & Soarin are two) that are difficult to get a cell phone reception. Book another FP before you enter the building.
  • If your FP converts to a ME (multiple experience pass due to a ride shut-down), you can immediately get another FP

The post below explains things very well. If you get a FP for RSR with a late return time, you will be able to get a FP for another ride after 90 minutes. You will not be able to get another FP for RSR until you scan your first FP for that ride, so, if your FP return time is late, SR will probably work better for additional rides there. Hope all this makes sense.
Thanks - I'm going to print this out.

Are you saying that if I pull a RSR FP for 9:00 pm at around noon, I have to wait until 1:30 to pull my next FP?

Thanks - I'm going to print this out.

Are you saying that if I pull a RSR FP for 9:00 pm at around noon, I have to wait until 1:30 to pull my next FP?

Yes. So, in this example, that would be a good time to grab lunch, then ride something with a shorter standby line to pass the time. Then, before you know it, you'd be able to grab your next MP. You can set your phone to remind you each time when you'll be able to grab your next FP, that way you won't fall behind and miss opportunities.
And don't forget about Mobile Ordering -- that is now available at DLR and can save you lots of time waiting in lines for food. With all the things you'll be doing with your smart phone, don't forget to bring battery back up!

Yes. So, in this example, that would be a good time to grab lunch, then ride something with a shorter standby line to pass the time. Then, before you know it, you'd be able to grab your next MP. You can set your phone to remind you each time when you'll be able to grab your next FP, that way you won't fall behind and miss opportunities.
ok, perfect. super helpful - thanks!

And don't forget about Mobile Ordering -- that is now available at DLR and can save you lots of time waiting in lines for food. With all the things you'll be doing with your smart phone, don't forget to bring battery back up!

I'll second the recommendation for using mobile ordering. We went to Smokejumper's Grill last night and got in line - there were 6 register lines plus the line where you came in the door and a CM directed you to a specific line. I decided to try the mobile order...put in my choice, my son's & my husband's, although he was resisting. Our pickup window was now (6:53)-7:20. I submitted the order then pressed the "I am here" button and had my food and was sitting down eating by 6:58. Best thing ever!

I am bringing two external chargers! I hope that's enough! I have yet to try Mobile Ordering in WDW, so looking to to use it on this trip.

OMG - just made me realize - I have no idea where to eat lunch! Plaza Inn breakfast and Hungry Bear On the Go dinner as reference.

I am bringing two external chargers! I hope that's enough!.. I have no idea where to eat lunch! Plaza Inn breakfast and Hungry Bear On the Go dinner as reference.

In case of emergency, there are fuel rod vending machines throughout both parks and in the on site hotels. So you should have no problems finding back up chargers for your phone, even in the worst case scenario!
As for lunch, what kind of food do you like? Flo's V8 Cafe recently changed their menu -- if you eat in the room on the far left (as you face the registers), you'll be able to see RSR while you eat. A corn dog at the Little Red Wagon on Main Street is an absolute classic at DL. You can grab a table across the way at Coke/Refreshment Corner to hear the Ragtime Pianist while you eat. Jolly Holiday Bakery has good sandwiches and a fun grilled cheese/tomato soup combo. The Matterhorn macaroons are yummy, too. In DCA, the Pacific Wharf area has lots of different CS choices. And Ghirardelli's for ice cream (and a free chocolate sample!) afterward.

In case of emergency, there are fuel rod vending machines throughout both parks and in the on site hotels. So you should have no problems finding back up chargers for your phone, even in the worst case scenario!
As for lunch, what kind of food do you like? Flo's V8 Cafe recently changed their menu -- if you eat in the room on the far left (as you face the registers), you'll be able to see RSR while you eat. A corn dog at the Little Red Wagon on Main Street is an absolute classic at DL. You can grab a table across the way at Coke/Refreshment Corner to hear the Ragtime Pianist while you eat. Jolly Holiday Bakery has good sandwiches and a fun grilled cheese/tomato soup combo. The Matterhorn macaroons are yummy, too. In DCA, the Pacific Wharf area has lots of different CS choices. And Ghirardelli's for ice cream (and a free chocolate sample!) afterward.
Thanks for all these recommendations. I spent last night on the Mobile Ordering site to check out which places I could use this feature and I looked at every single menu! To me, I like different/ethnic food. What caught my eye was Bengal BBQ and the Mexican Restaurants. I just don't know if they are "good" or not. I'm not picky about food, but when I come to SoCal to visit my brother (real reason for this trip), I LOVE all the food that we experience together. I am SO excited for all the dumpling, ramen and yakitori places we have picked out!

Thanks for all these recommendations. I spent last night on the Mobile Ordering site to check out which places I could use this feature and I looked at every single menu! To me, I like different/ethnic food. What caught my eye was Bengal BBQ and the Mexican Restaurants. I just don't know if they are "good" or not. I'm not picky about food, but when I come to SoCal to visit my brother (real reason for this trip), I LOVE all the food that we experience together. I am SO excited for all the dumpling, ramen and yakitori places we have picked out!

Alien Pizza Planet in DL currently has a cold soba noodle salad (called the Nebula Noodle Salad). It was delicious and refreshing, and I’m ultra-picky!:rolleyes1 No mobile ordering here of course because you just walk up to the stations and grab and go.

Thanks for all these recommendations. I spent last night on the Mobile Ordering site to check out which places I could use this feature and I looked at every single menu! To me, I like different/ethnic food. What caught my eye was Bengal BBQ and the Mexican Restaurants...

We really like Bengal BBQ, and Mobile Ordering has made it much easier to eat there. The Safari Skewers are yummy (not very filling, so get something else, too). The plates at RDZ are large enough to share, so if you're not particularly hungry, a kid's meal might suffice. The different ethnic menus at Paradise Garden Grill have been surprisingly fun.

Bengal bbq is great. But it’s more of a snack.

The Mexican restaurants are *not* good.

I like the veggie sandwich at award wieners but it’s also gotten quite small and is more of a snack.

My fave restaurants are boardwalk pizza & pasta (dca) and French market in dL.

I added a night to my hotel stay so now I will be waking up in DLR and going to bed in DLR (offsite). I am happy with this choice because I can now take a break if I need and will also have a nice short walk back to the hotel at night.

I'm going on a Thursday - DL opens at 7 for MM and I have a 7:20 Plaza Inn breakfast - WHAT TIME SHOULD I GET TO THE GATES? CAN I WALK IN WITH A CUP OF COFFEE?

Am I reading correctly that your hotel is off-site? I didn’t think people staying off-site with a one day ticket could be admitted for MM. Can anyone confirm (or am I missing something)?

Have a wonderful trip!

Am I reading correctly that your hotel is off-site? I didn’t think people staying off-site with a one day ticket could be admitted for MM. Can anyone confirm (or am I missing something)?

Have a wonderful trip!
I’m not attending MM. just stating it. But I do have Plaza Inn reservations at 7:20 during MM.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter