2 rooms Value or 1 room Deluxe?

Dallas_Lady

I only work for the vacation money
I think I might have asked this already, but I didn't get a chance to read the replies and the search is down so I can't find it...

My SIL is planning a Disney trip, probably for early June. She has two kids, boy (9) and girl (11). Cause I am now the family "Disney Expert" she wants me to help plan.

What do you think will be better, 2 rooms at the All Star or 1 room at WL or ALK? Her budget won't really allow for much else (Like a monorail resort). She would kind of like to go "Deluxe" and have a balcony and all that, but she would also like to have 2 bathrooms and the added privacy. I am wondering your opinion as those who have kids, which would you do? Which do you think will be more fun/comfortable for the whole family?

I think it depends on the family. With kids that age, 2 bathrooms might be a really nice thing to have. Extra beds might be nice, too, since the kids are different sexes. (Although many of the deluxes have a daybed that one of the kids could sleep in.) On the other hand, if they're used to hotels that are more like the deluxes and they're used to sharing hotel rooms on vacations, they may prefer the extra ammenities of a deluxe.

Depends on their food choices, too. I much preferred having a food court. There were so many more options for casual dining than at a deluxe.

For location, (monorail), I'd go deluxe. I've been to allstars, WL and AKL. I really think the WL and AKL had small rooms. Did CR, great room, lousy food options. Next, I'll have to try moderates! But I love all-stars. Especially with connecting rooms.

Just my .02.

Depending on what codes you get staying at AS (2 rooms) or AK 1 room) could be the same. I would probably go for the 2 rooms (4 beds, 2 bathrooms, 2 tv's, 2 sets of towels LOL!) At that age they are a bit more independent but not independent enough that you are going to completey trust them alone, but having "their own space" might make them feel special and they could have their own key to their own room.

:earsgirl:

We (my mom, myself and 2 kids, DD-14, DS-13) are going in June. We went back and forth on the room issue also. However, we finally settled on getting connecting rooms at ASMovies. That way we have the 2 bathrooms and a bed for everyone. It will also be nice because if one person wants to go to sleep early, we can use the other room for watching tv or goofing around.

I would go with two rooms for privacy, extra bathrooms & beds.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter