2 rooms at Poly or 2 br villa at Boulder Ridge?

brendaziz

DIS Veteran
Hi there! We've always wanted to stay at the Poly and were planning on getting 2 rooms (hoping for connecting) for our next trip. It would be 2 "grownups" and 4 adult/almost adult kiddos. We are also exploring the 2 bedroom villa at Boulder Ridge. Pros being more space to sprawl, definitely being together as opposed to hoping for adjoining rooms, and a slightly lower price. Cons being it's not the Poly :-) lol.

Would love some opinions from anyone who has stayed at either and hopefully hearing something that will sway toward an official decision.

Thanks so much!

Boulder Ridge’s pool area is my favorite on property from a chillness factor.

WL has superior dining IMO

Poly is more immersive

We've stayed at both and just stayed in a Boulder Ridge 1-bedroom last week. It was SO nice! The rooms have been renovated and they are just gorgeous - you would have three rooms (as opposed to two), a full kitchen and a washer/dryer. The resort is beautiful and it was one of the quietest rooms we've ever had on property. Great restaurants (Geyser Point is excellent). The theming is off the charts. We visited Poly one day, went to Trader Sam's, the gift shops, etc. Poly is wonderful, but with 6 people, I would go for the BRV 2 bedroom, get some extra space and save some money.

We stayed at CCV but I will tell you, we really enjoyed having a 2 bedroom Villa. There was me and DH and 2 adult kids/spouses our teen and a baby (7 plus a baby) it was nice being all together and eating meals as a family. Having a full kitchen for us was huge, I just can’t stand eating out too much. We did choose the boulder ridge pool most days because it was quieter but liked the hot tub at WL better. Geyser point is also our new favorite chill spot!!

I love Boulder Ridge! I enjoy having the walkway to the main lodge building (when it’s raining or at night and dark outside). Do not like buildings (DVC) at Poly as far as most are from the main building.
You’d have a full kitchen and washer/dryer in the 2 bedroom.
Having the monorail would be a plus, but not enough for me to pick the Poly.

thanks everyone! Love this. I keep hearing so many good things about BR and I feel like it’s the right move for us. I think I’ll save the poly for another day in the future.

We were always poly people stayed at BR last trip, all 5 of us agreed back to play next trip, the ease of monorail quick assess to GF and contemporary widens your food options. For us you can't beat the vibes at the poly

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter