2 Reservations - Do I need 2 MDE's?

Marthasor

DIS Veteran
Here's the situation.

We had to split a large travel group into two rooms for an upcoming trip, but only the lead guest on one of the rooms will actually be doing all of the planning. The lead guest on the other room won't be involved in any planning, modifying plans, etc. and really doesn't need an MDE for those purposes. Can we set up an MDE for the lead guest on one room who will be doing the planning, simply list the names of the people on the second room on that MDE as people she will plan for and then link both reservations to that one MDE? Or do we need to create 2 MDE accounts - one for each of the leads on the reservations. I hope that made sense!

This is what I did. 2 groups, 2 resorts...linked them but I am the only one online FP everyone and making Dining reservations etc.

You just need one account (email) to invite other lead person (through an email)and then poof you are linked and can start planning.

It doesn't matter whose name you use on the second acct. It's just a minor detail

(I certainly don't believe there is a way around the second MDE)

I hope someone has everyones names and Mickey Band colors etc written down so one person can do it all.

Last edited:
This is what I did. 2 groups, 2 resorts...linked them but I am the only one online FP everyone and making Dining reservations etc.

You just need one account (email) to invite other lead person (through an email)and then poof you are linked and can start planning.

It doesn't matter whose name you use on the second acct. It's just a minor detail

(I certainly don't believe there is a way around the second MDE)

I hope someone has everyones names and Mickey Band colors etc written down so one person can do it all.

Thank you so much! I think I will just have the lead guest use two of her own personal e-mail accounts to set up the 2 MDE's. That's probably the easiest way to do it. Thank you so much for your advice!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!