2 reservations at the same time booked by two different people?

hdnyc

Mouseketeer
I am going to Disney with my husband and two daughters next year. It looks like I can make a reservation for all 4 of us, but I don't have to put the names of the other 3 people in my party on the reservation - essentially just has my name on the reservation and says the number of guests. Can my husband also make a reservation at the same time at a different restaurant? I know that an individual can't hold two reservations within 2 hours of each other, but since he has a different name, can he have a reservation at the same time (especially since anyone can make a dining reservation 180 days in advance)?

The reason I ask is because we might split up some days with our two daughters since our older daughter can go on a lot of rides that the younger daughter can't. We might not even be in the same parks, so would want to eat at different places. We're just not sure yet if we will split up, haven't decided yet and it depends on when we can get Fastpasses for certain rides.

For example - can I make a breakfast reservation for 8am on Tuesday at Tusker House for 4 people in case we all end up going together that day? And he also makes a reservation at 8am on Tuesday for Garden Grill for 2 people? That way he has the option to take my younger daughter to EPCOT that morning and do younger kid stuff if my older daughter and I end up doing Flight of Passage, Everest, Dinosaur, etc at Animal Kingdom that morning.

I've never booked reservations at the 180-day window, so this is all new to me! Thanks!

Plenty of people do that. I personally don’t because we like to keep our days flexible and usually you can get a last minute reservation unless you’re dead set on a specific place at a specific time.

Plenty of people do that. I personally don’t because we like to keep our days flexible and usually you can get a last minute reservation unless you’re dead set on a specific place at a specific time.
Thank you!! I wasn't sure if it was allowed or not and couldn't find any info about it on the website!

Yes, if he has an account separate from yours. We had to each make a separate reservation for Oga's. I couldn't find a party of 3, so my SIL has one at 9:00, DH at 9:05, and me at 9:10

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter