2 placeholders at one time?

justme0729

DIS Veteran
On my last cruise, I booked a placeholder for 10% off and $200 credit and then I used this to book a cruise in March 2019. I am also cruising in a couple weeks though and I am not using my placeholder (during holiday so no 10% off so I will save it). When I am on board in a couple weeks, can I book another placeholder? I would have my current placeholder for my March 2019 cruise and then another future cruise then.

Yes, you can book another placeholder even if you already have one. We do it all the time. We are usually sailing back to back cruises and make sure to book a placeholder on each one - just in case.

On my last cruise, I booked a placeholder for 10% off and $200 credit and then I used this to book a cruise in March 2019. I am also cruising in a couple weeks though and I am not using my placeholder (during holiday so no 10% off so I will save it). When I am on board in a couple weeks, can I book another placeholder? I would have my current placeholder for my March 2019 cruise and then another future cruise then.

Yes. we typically have 2 (or 3) placeholders at any given time. Although, we are currently down to 1 (used one on opening day) Looks like I have to get one in April. :)

I didn't realize you could hold more than 2 at once? Sytrace, have you held three in the same person's name? I thought one person could hold up to two placeholder rooms at a time, but it sounds like I'm wrong and that would be great to know! I typically hold two at once, but maybe we could hold more if those are in my name and additional ones are in my husband's name? We like to book them in my name because I'm Platinum and my husband is not.

Can a person buy 2 placeholders on one trip?
Would I need to book a placeholder for myself and a placeholder for my 18-year-old daughter if I was considering doing a back to back because I believe you cannot use placeholders B2B in one name? I might have misunderstood it was an old thread that I read that on months back.

Can a person buy 2 placeholders on one trip?
Would I need to book a placeholder for myself and a placeholder for my 18-year-old daughter if I was considering doing a back to back because I believe you cannot use placeholders B2B in one name? I might have misunderstood it was an old thread that I read that on months back.

If your daughter lives at a different address then she can buy one. But not if she lives at your address. And in order to do it SHE would need to be buying the one for the second cruise.

We used to be able to book two placeholders during a cruise and use them on two separate future sailings. But, almost two years ago, DCL changed their policy. You are now allowed to book up to two placeholders, but they both must be used on the same sailing (ie. on two cabins during the same cruise).

We tried to book one placeholder in my name and one in DH's name, hoping to use them on two different future cruises, but DCL refused to honor both placeholders on the separate cruises.

The only way now to have more than one placeholder for separate cruises is to book them during separate cruises.

We tried to book one placeholder in my name and one in DH's name, hoping to use them on two different future cruises, but DCL refused to honor both placeholders on the separate cruises.

The only way now to have more than one placeholder for separate cruises is to book them during separate cruises.

This is really good to know. We must have last booked placeholders before the policy changed, as we had done this previously. That is a REAL bummer! We don't sail again until January and were hoping to book two again...glad to understand the change in advance.

We used to be able to book two placeholders during a cruise and use them on two separate future sailings. But, almost two years ago, DCL changed their policy. You are now allowed to book up to two placeholders, but they both must be used on the same sailing (ie. on two cabins during the same cruise).

Yes, the current policy is - while onboard, each household address may book up to 2 placeholders to be used on the same future cruise.

If there are two adults in the same room, but have different home addresses, they may each book up to 2 placeholders. And each set of two can be used on different future cruises.

You may hold as many placeholders as you wish, if you take multiple cruises. Each set of placeholders (booked on one cruise) must be used on the same future cruise.

If I wanted to book two placeholders because I normally travel with my mom and dad, myself and daughter in one room.
But say I wanted to travel with my husband who would NOT be sleeping in the same room with my parents. Would I want to book one room in my name and another one in my daughters, so that she could be in the room with my mother and father? She is 18 if that makes a difference.

If I wanted to book two placeholders because I normally travel with my mom and dad, myself and daughter in one room.
But say I wanted to travel with my husband who would NOT be sleeping in the same room with my parents. Would I want to book one room in my name and another one in my daughters, so that she could be in the room with my mother and father? She is 18 if that makes a difference.
You can book 2 placeholders. You can put whoever's name on each on that you want. I'm not sure if an 18 year old can have a reservation in their name. You could put your mom or dad's name on the second one. Or your husband's.

You can book 2 placeholders. You can put whoever's name on each on that you want. I'm not sure if an 18 year old can have a reservation in their name. You could put your mom or dad's name on the second one. Or your husband's.
But wouldn’t that negate the 10% discount and $200 room credit because they weren’t on the sailing that the OBB was written during?
And is there any reason and 18-year-old wouldn’t be able to book passage on a ship? If it’s a car, I can see were young person might statistically cause damage while driving. It would be fun to steer the ship but I’m pretty sure they won’t let her.

You can put your parents’ names on the second placeholder. Occasionally a rogue CM doesn’t allow it, but the rules do allow it. Has nothing to do with who is on the current cruise; DCL allows the discount to be shared. And yes, an 18 yr old can be lead on a reservation.

Enjoy your cruises!

We book two rooms for our family size... DH is on one room and I’m on the other. Just want to triple check to make sure that we can only do two placeholders, to be used on the same future cruise. We can not book two per stateroom b/c we have the same home address.

Correct, it’s 2 per address and must be used for the same future cruise.

Enjoy your cruises!

I didn't realize you could hold more than 2 at once? Sytrace, have you held three in the same person's name? I thought one person could hold up to two placeholder rooms at a time, but it sounds like I'm wrong and that would be great to know! I typically hold two at once, but maybe we could hold more if those are in my name and additional ones are in my husband's name? We like to book them in my name because I'm Platinum and my husband is not.

We have only been able to make 1 placeholder or 1 actual booking per cruise...although sometimes I hear that depending on the CM at the booking desk you can make more than 1. :)
However, yes, right now we have just 1 placeholder in my husbands name for the 4 of us. We had another one made on another cruise that was in my husbands name for the 4 of us.
We sail in April and we will get one more for the 4 of us and in September, get another one so we will then have 3. :)

We have only been able to make 1 placeholder or 1 actual booking per cruise...although sometimes I hear that depending on the CM at the booking desk you can make more than 1. :)
However, yes, right now we have just 1 placeholder in my husbands name for the 4 of us. We had another one made on another cruise that was in my husbands name for the 4 of us.
We sail in April and we will get one more for the 4 of us and in September, get another one so we will then have 3. :)
This is what others are saying as well. You can book a placeholder on each cruise and include up to 2 staterooms. Each constitutes a reservation but you can not split them off into 2 separate cruises. If two of the people on the current cruise have different home addresses you can book separate cruises.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter