2 part ?: ID bands, & tips on places to avoid

christibelle

Earning My Ears
As we get closer to our trip I am becoming extremely anxious about losing one of my kids in the crowds. I read a while ago about some great ID bracelets for kids to wear. I tried to search the forum to find the old threads, but the search function has been disabled on this forum. Does anyone remember where the link is for the ID bands for kids?

On a thread awhile ago, I read that the Honey I shrunk the kids playground was an area that was real easy to lose kids in. Are there any other areas (in the 4 main parks) I should try to avoid or take extra precaution in? My kids are 3 and 1 (this one is a wanderer and FAST! I have 3 different harnesses for him :D)

They are called ID-Inside, I go tthem last year, but I also made cards for our whole group (nine of us some hadn't been to WDW in a long time) so that if anyone got misplaced or fell behind they'd have cell #'s and the name of the resort etc. I also had them laminated at kinkos for a few bucks then cut them up so they'd fit in a wallet, and for the kids inside the ID-Inside bracelets.

I'm going to do a search on ID-inside. Is this a product offered by Disney or by someone else?

Thank you!!:confused:

The boneyard playground in AK - avoid it unless your willing to follow them through tunnels and down slide. Also, one adult per child helped. I even got some great pics of nana coming down the slide! These areas are all OK as long as you can do 1 on 1. They know they have to stay with you, and you're willing to go anywhere they do!!

Honey I Shrunk playground is not to be missed despite the concerns... just have one parent with each child, plan a time to meet back up by the exit.

I agree that AK boneyard can be a nightmare for big folks;) !

Other places to pay close attention to are exits from major shows or exiting a park at closing. Fantasmic show comes to mind as a place i was afraid of lossing not only my kid but also my DH. People were everywhere and all trying to go the same place at the same time. This also happens after fireworks as everyone tries to leave at the same time. Often waiting a little bit helps but if you are caught up in the crowd, i would make sure any children small enough to be are in strollers or in arms of adults. Last trip DS was 9 and DH and I each had a hand and forbid anyone to let go as we left a crowded show at park closing. To a lesser degree you have to be alert at any exit of a show. People tend to crowd and lossing someone is easy to do.
I have also seen the most lost kids in shops. It's easy to take your eyes off for a second and the kids has sliped out of sight to look at something else. Another good place to stoller them.
That being said don't let the worry prevent having a good time. Read the thread on lost kids. WDW has a great system in place in the very unlikely event your little one escapes you.

Jordan's mom

The Honey I Lost the Kids Playground is really supposed to be for kids four and up. Our 3 1/2 year old and 2 1/2 year old were in there last year, with one adult apeice. The tunnels are too small for an adult to walk through - so you'll get a backache quickly trying to chase your running tot through them. And there are plenty of bigger kids - most who are really good at not bowling over the little ones - but you know "other people's kids"

Same with the boneyard playground.

Both are way cool places to play - once your child is old enough for you to grab a spot next to the only exit and wait. Every so often, over the intercom "Timmy Johnson, your mother is waiting for you by the exit." So it helps if the kids are old enough to come when called.

Harness them up. Watch crowds and shops. And be careful around pools and in the waterparks (if you are so brave to take two little ones).

The boneyard playground in AK - avoid it unless your willing to follow them through tunnels and down slide. Also, one adult per child helped. I even got some great pics of nana coming down the slide! These areas are all OK as long as you can do 1 on 1. They know they have to stay with you, and you're willing to go anywhere they do!!

I agree with this one. The only way we kept up with our older two (the youngest was right with us the entire time) was basically running around like chickens with our heads cut off trying to "spy" them somewhere! Finally we just gave up and decided to divide ourselves and one stood at the entrance area- the other (me) stood at the exit area. That's basically how we found them -well, the oldest. She thought the other one was behind her but finally I had to go in and hunt him down- he was having fun in the sand pit thing they have- digging up bones.... without a care in the world, ofcourse. Had no clue that perhaps we might be worried about him spending SO much time in there (he's just 5 though) LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter