2 Night Cruises?

Auntof2

Mouseketeer
I know there is a two night cruise out of San Diego, but are there ever two night cruises that go to Castaway Cay only?

The reason I asked is my husband and I were on the Memorial Day cruise on the Dream that couldn't dock there. That was the ONE thing he was excited about (he has been before in college, I haven't been at all). I'm thinking we just do another cruise at some point and hope we get there on the next one, but it would definitely be an easier sell if he could take less time off of work.

The shortest I've ever seen with CC is 3 nights. That doesn't mean it's never happened before. If it did happen, it would be an unusual circumstance such as filling in a couple days right after a dry dock or to fill in a gap if the Dream or Fantasy were to do something other than their usual itineraries and then needed a short cruise to get them back on their regular schedules.

Honestly, the 3 nights cruises seem terribly short to me already. I can't imagine doing a 2 night.

Oh completely agree that 3 nights go by so fast! I just selfishly wish for one that left on a Friday and came back on a Sunday, as my husband is super opposed to taking a Monday off. That's the whole reason we did Memorial Day, he was off work that day regardless!

I’ve never seen one for DCL. Bahamas / Caribbean cruises with CC stops are all generally 3, 4, 5 or 7 nights. Even if I lived near the port, i wouldn’t waste the time on a 2 night trip - way too short in my opinion. A 3-night is your shortest option, or you could shoot for a 5-night with 2 stops at CC if that is your focus. Good luck.

I know there is a two night cruise out of San Diego, but are there ever two night cruises that go to Castaway Cay only?

The reason I asked is my husband and I were on the Memorial Day cruise on the Dream that couldn't dock there. That was the ONE thing he was excited about (he has been before in college, I haven't been at all). I'm thinking we just do another cruise at some point and hope we get there on the next one, but it would definitely be an easier sell if he could take less time off of work.
I understand where you're coming from. I'd do a 2-night to Castaway Cay if they offered it. The 3-nights require two missed days of work/school, Friday and Monday, and that's more than we can miss at a time. A 2-night cruise would make it possible for us to sail during off-season (when school is in), which we currently can't do. If the ship only went to Castaway Cay, that would be fine. We have no interest in Nassau. A weekend trip can be a nice getaway: we take them to the parks occasionally, so we'd happily sail a weekend cruise, too.

Last edited:
There's a 3 night cruise on the Dream that leaves on Frid. Aug.30, 2019 and returns Mon, Sept. 2. That Monday is Labor Day. Is he off for Labor Day?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!