2 Girls and an IPhone head to WDW!

Sara Bond

mom of four
This May, my DD (9) and myself (42) are heading to WDW. We are leaving behind DH (43) and 3 DS (17, 15, and 13). DD has been to WDW 3 times already. Since she does not like thrill rides, she spends a lot of time waiting on her brothers. Her brothers also do not appreciate the wonderful shows and shopping that WDW has to offer. And NO, I do not feel guilty for leaving three teenage boys (and their dad) out of this mother/daughter trip. BTW, they are going white-water rafting in Colorado without us!

DD and I plan on taking a relaxed approach on this trip. We will still arrive early at the parks. We have Iphone Apps for Wait Times, Park Hours, and Menus for all WDW restaurants to help us out. And we have a few fun ideas for this trip.

1. Hidden Mickeys - I got the Hidden Mickey App for my IPhone. It uses a GPS to let you know when to start looking. It keeps score and if you need a hint, you lose points. Our goal is 50.

2. Kim Possible Scavenger Hunt - The boys would never do this. We're hoping to complete several missions.

3. World Showcase Snack-a-Palooza. Instead of dinner one night, we plan to try a snack from Germany, France, Morraco, England, and Norway.

4. We only made one ADR for our 5 day trip. We'll be doing QS so we wont be tied down.

5 We're visiting both water parks!

6. Playing a round of miniature golf - something else we have never done.

7. Snitch's Great Escape - Heard this is the worst of Disney. We've never done it and if the line's not long, we'll give it a try - just to see how bad it really is!!!

8. We're going to spend some time exploring Innoventions. We always seem to rush thru this.

9. Toy Story Mania is the only ride we've decided to wait in a long line for. We'll play Ispy, search for hidden mickeys, and play Iphone games while we wait.

10. Everynight we'll snuggle up in bed together and watch disney shows til we fall asleep!

I'm a little nervous about flying and traveling without my hubby but I can't wait for my first mother/daughter trip with my little girl!

Wish me luck!!!

Oh and we are staying at Pop Century. We've never stayed there before. Let me know if you have any tips for me!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter