2 fast pass questions

Hi everyone! I have two questions about fastpasses.

1. We want to go to mickey's not so scary Halloween party. Can we get fastpasses to use between 4-7 pm? Can we book them in advance if we buy our party tickets in advance? We won't be using our park tickets that day and plan to enter the park at 4. How do fast passes work for this small chunk of time?

2. We have park hoppers. After we use up our 3 fast passes in the first park, will we be able to see what fast passes are available in the other parks and book the first one while we are still in the first park or do we need to arrive at the second park first? I'm thinking I'd like to see what's available before deciding where to go.

Thanks!

You should check out this thread for the answer to your first question. The answer is generally yes you can book, but you may risk the last day of your FP getting canceled.

Second question: you do not need to be in the park to see the available FP! You’ll just need to check in the app after you use the last of your scheduled FP!

Hi everyone! I have two questions about fastpasses.

1. We want to go to mickey's not so scary Halloween party. Can we get fastpasses to use between 4-7 pm? Can we book them in advance if we buy our party tickets in advance? We won't be using our park tickets that day and plan to enter the park at 4. How do fast passes work for this small chunk of time?

I pulled this from the FP sticky at the top....please go visit for more info.
- FPs cannot be scheduled during hard-ticket events such as Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party, Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party, or Night of Joy. In the past, party tickets could be used for scheduling FPs during the party’s 3-hour grace period from 4:00p to 7:00p.

Last edited:

Party tickets WILL let you book FPs in advance during regular park hours if you have no other FPs booked that day. SOME people who do so will eventually receive a warning via email regarding too many FPs/insufficient ticket media that states your last days of booked FPs will be cancelled if not corrected. The exact reasons/combination of individual circumstances for why some do and some don’t get this warning remains unknown, despite several theories.

So, you can book them, just do so at your own risk.

Party tickets WILL let you book FPs in advance during regular park hours if you have no other FPs booked that day. SOME people who do so will eventually receive a warning via email regarding too many FPs/insufficient ticket media that states your last days of booked FPs will be cancelled if not corrected. The exact reasons/combination of individual circumstances for why some do and some don’t get this warning remains unknown, despite several theories.

So, you can book them, just do so at your own risk.

So then is what I pulled from the FP sticky incorrect? I thought it meant that you could not use your party ticket to book FPs any longer. :confused3

So then is what I pulled from the FP sticky incorrect? I thought it meant that you could not use your party ticket to book FPs any longer. :confused3

It's complicated.

Party tickets will absolutely let you book FP on them (this was valid through and including MVMCP last year). But... there seems to be a disconnect between the system that lets you book FP and the system that later checks the number FPs booked versus ticketed days.

You can solve said problem a few ways. The one that I like is to assign the party ticket to a phantom.

Now while you *can* book FPs on party media, there is another question: Are you supposed to be able to book FP on party tickets? Unclear. There are conflicting answers from when people write in to WDW and conflicting answers from Disney Mom's Panel (they always seem to provide conflicting information).

(oh, and you can book FPs for anytime in the day, not just the 4-7pm pre-party window. the system doesn't differentiate.)

Second question: you do not need to be in the park to see the available FP! You’ll just need to check in the app after you use the last of your scheduled FP!

You can even see FPs in other parks before you use all your scheduled FPs, you just have to wait to tap the last one before you can book one.

No, it’s right, FPs can’t be booked during party hours as it says in bold.

The second sentence about being able to book them during the ‘grace period’ is what applies to OPs question. It could maybe be written a little more clearly as I could see one reading it as they no longer will work for FPs, but that’s not the case. Party tickets will allow for FP booking during regular park hours which end at 6pm. So, a guest with a party ticket can book them for use 4-6pm. DVC members who get a special 2pm entry with party tickets could book for use anywhere 2-6.

The MNSSHP and MVMCP threads are full of pages after pages of discussion on this topic since the ‘warnings’ started in 2017. It’s always a pretty hot topic.

Hope that makes sense.

It's complicated.

Party tickets will absolutely let you book FP on them (this was valid through and including MVMCP last year). But... there seems to be a disconnect between the system that lets you book FP and the system that later checks the number FPs booked versus ticketed days.

You can solve said problem a few ways. The one that I like is to assign the party ticket to a phantom.

Now while you *can* book FPs on party media, there is another question: Are you supposed to be able to book FP on party tickets? Unclear. There are conflicting answers from when people write in to WDW and conflicting answers from Disney Mom's Panel (they always seem to provide conflicting information).

(oh, and you can book FPs for anytime in the day, not just the 4-7pm pre-party window. the system doesn't differentiate.)

Thank you SO much for explaining. I appreciate it. Makes sense when you explain it the way you do. The fact that the system doesn't recognize the party ticket is interesting. And as far as the Disney Mom's Panel is concerned...the ONLY thing I've seen correct in their posting is about Florida Resident tickets and what's needed to prove residency. Being as I'm a resident, I know what they posted to be correct.

No, it’s right, FPs can’t be booked during party hours as it says in bold.

The second sentence about being able to book them during the ‘grace period’ is what applies to OPs question. It could maybe be written a little more clearly as I could see one reading it as they no longer will work for FPs, but that’s not the case. Party tickets will allow for FP booking during regular park hours which end at 6pm. So, a guest with a party ticket can book them for use 4-6pm. DVC members who get a special 2pm entry with party tickets could book for use anywhere 2-6.

The MNSSHP and MVMCP threads are full of pages after pages of discussion on this topic since the ‘warnings’ started in 2017.

Hope that makes sense.

Yes! Thank you too! The post is saying you cannot book FP on your regular Disney ticket during those times. That needs to be put in there I think. It does say making FPs during the 3 hour period on the party ticket....but the way it's stated makes it sound like it can no longer be done. Thank you again!

So, a guest with a party ticket can book them for use 4-6pm. DVC members who get a special 2pm entry with party tickets could book for use anywhere 2-6.

Not to be nit-picky, but you can book them anytime during park hours. But yeah, it will be hard (impossible) to use them at 9am if you don't have another ticket that day.

But if you are non-DVC and you will enter at 4pm, you can book 3 FP starting at 3:30 (e.g., 3:30-4:30, 4:30-5:30, 5:30-6:00).

Reactions: CJN
Not to be nit-picky, but you can book them anytime during park hours. But yeah, it will be hard (impossible) to use them at 9am if you don't have another ticket that day.

But if you are non-DVC and you will enter at 4pm, you can book 3 FP starting at 3:30 (e.g., 3:30-4:30, 4:30-5:30, 5:30-6:00).

Not to be nit-picky, but that’s why the phrase “for use” was used.

Yes! Thank you too!

1. The post is saying you cannot book FP on your regular Disney ticket during those times. That needs to be put in there I think.
2. It does say making FPs during the 3 hour period on the party ticket....but the way it's stated makes it sound like it can no longer be done.

Thank you again!

1. Where does the FAQ say that?
2. FPs on a party ticket and during the grace period used to be cut-and-dry and consistent. Within the last two years it got complicated and inconsistent. Because of that, this bullet was intentionally vague so as not to definitively say one way or the other. I’ve added some verbiage to clarify that it can still be done, but without getting into the complications.

Last edited:
First of all, you can only book FP rom 4-6. Park closes at 6 now. So book FP from 3:30-4:30, 4:30-5:30 and 5:30-6. You will not be able to book any other FP that day so if going to another park, you have to choose which FPs you want.

If you book for party t,here are a couple of things that may help you avoid the dreaded letter telling you you don't have enough tickets for the FPs you made.
1. Book party FPs last after all others are booked
2. Don't may ANY changes to your reservation. Have everything set before you book them including DME

1. Where does the FAQ say that?
2. FPs on a party ticket and during the grace period used to be cut-and-dry and consistent. Within the last two years it got complicated and inconsistent. Because of that, this bullet was intentionally vague so as not to definitively say one way or the other. I’ve added some verbiage to clarify that it can still be done, but without getting into the complications.

My apologies...I misunderstood the post. Thanks for clearing it up. There's a reason they have YOU on that sticky. :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter