2 ECVs in our party of three, is it easier to be the first or second one on the bus?

Bete

DIS Veteran
One ECV user has some experience with using a scooter while the other person is brand new using one.

Just curious if anyone has an opinion if you find it easier to be the first one on the bus or the second one with your scooter?

Also, the third person without a scooter can go in the bus at the same time with the two scooter users, right? Or does the non-scooter guest wait in the regular line? We are staying at All Star Sports if this makes a difference.

the inexperienced one should go first. they should also practice at home first. there is a learning curve.

Definitely easier to be the first. There isn't anyone on the bus when they get on. Just remind them to be out of the way when the next person gets on.

And yes, your entire party travels with you. (There is a limit, but you aren't anywhere near it.)

Great question as we will have two scooters also. I have my own so pretty good with it, although I will have a little bit larger one for my trip. My daughter has used one at Disneyland but has never had to load on buses.

Gah! Sorry about the duplicate posts. I kept getting an "unspecified error" message, rather than seeing that the message had been posted. Mods, please feel free to remove the duplicates.

Makes it easier to get off too - the seats should still be in the locked "UP" position, giving a few more inches of space to maneuver.

@Bete, I wanted to remind you that if the two ECVs don't want to split up (one takes the first available bus, the other follows on the next bus) then be sure to let your driver know BEFORE you start to board, in case there is already one of the spots occupied. That way the driver can call for another bus.

Have a great trip! :)

I just wanted to add that most of the drivers will help get the scooter into position on the bus and if the other user felt really uncomfortable they could ask for help. Even when I did park it by myself the driver was always ready to jump in and help if I had trouble. As a first time ECV user I was very nervous about the buses and parking it but in reality I only parked it twice during a week long trip and those times were when the bus was completely empty and it was easy. My DH and DD waited in line with me, and it seemed most of the time people traveling with the ECV waited with that person and not the regular line.

Definitely easier to be the first. There isn't anyone on the bus when they get on. Just remind them to be out of the way when the next person gets on.

And yes, your entire party travels with you. (There is a limit, but you aren't anywhere near it.)

Just wanted to point out that this may not be true traveling from your resort to the park. If you are staying somewhere with multiple bus stops, e.g. OKW, CS, etc., you may have to load with other passengers as well as scooters already on board.

the inexperienced one should go first. they should also practice at home first. there is a learning curve.

Oh, oh-I must have that "inexperienced" look about me. Whenever there were two scooters waiting to get on the bus, the bus driver always signaled for me to get on first.

A 2nd person loaded after me tonight on a bus back to SSR. I got off at a stop before hers. I had to let the driver totally maneuver my ECV out from the first position. Her ECV was huge. The bus driver even had a difficult time getting it ready to drive out. And my ECV weighs less than 100 pounds so is quite easy to pick up one end to move it.

So sometimes being the first one on the bus can make it harder to get off the bus if the 2nd person is not exiting before or with you.

Last edited:
I have a dream, where all Disney buses have ramps on BOTH doors - so you drive in on one ramp, and drive out the other, and just imagine how much faster that would be...

I have a dream, where all Disney buses have ramps on BOTH doors - so you drive in on one ramp, and drive out the other, and just imagine how much faster that would be...

Or how about if the back of the bus opened up like this and you could just drive on and back off?

images
images

Just back from our trip and I would have to say it's easier to be first. Of course, I agree there are special circumstances like with multiple stops and passengers on board already that make it more difficult no matter. Most of our bus drivers were very helpful.

I will say it's about time that they design a bus to take scooters robotically somehow. You put them on the lift and the bus does the rest.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!