2 DVC cruises for 2019!

Yes, that’s the one I’m trying for, after an hour on hold, I am finally speaking with someone. Waiting to pay...so on hold again, but I think I am finally booked on it from @swooshbear’s post...won’t be comfortable until it gets completed.
I’m in !! After almost three hours and 8 dropped calls, I am booked on both of the 2019 Member cruises. I got close to what I wanted & I’m OK with it. @bobbiwoz - it will be nice to see you again on the Pacific Coast Cruise, as I’ve missed the last two member cruises.

I’m in !! After almost three hours and 8 dropped calls, I am booked on both of the 2019 Member cruises. I got close to what I wanted & I’m OK with it. @bobbiwoz - it will be nice to see you again on the Pacific Coast Cruise, as I’ve missed the last two member cruises.
Both!! Wow, good for you!!

Now I'm really feeling left out.

Would love to. No way can we decide now so I'm taking solace in the fact that they didn't sell out today. I'm happy everyone finally got through and booked! Congrats.

Got in right away at 9:59 am, CM Ava not very familiar with DCL it seemed and I think I was her first booking, so total time 1h 15 min including a long hold to speak to the other CM for payment. I should have thought to ask her to find all our info in Castaway Club like someone noted above, that would have been faster. No wonder people had so much trouble trying to get in the queue! Thankfully got our first choice staterooms (10a connecting secret portholes!), though it was pretty stressful when her first response was “oh sorry it looks like those are already unavailable” at like 10:05 am, then “oh now I’m looking in the right place and yes they are available”... big sigh of relief!

Got in right away at 9:59 am, CM Ava not very familiar with DCL it seemed and I think I was her first booking, so total time 1h 15 min including a long hold to speak to the other CM for payment. I should have thought to ask her to find all our info in Castaway Club like someone noted above, that would have been faster. No wonder people had so much trouble trying to get in the queue! Thankfully got our first choice staterooms (10a connecting secret portholes!), though it was pretty stressful when her first response was “oh sorry it looks like those are already unavailable” at like 10:05 am, then “oh now I’m looking in the right place and yes they are available”... big sigh of relief!
Wow, glad you got what you wanted! I gave my Castaway number, and my DH’s but it did not seem to go any faster.

Bruce said it took him 15 Minutes to get in, and he got us a cabin in category 5, midship, on the Wonder just as I asked! Woohoo!!pirate::sail::rainbow::woohoo:party: The whole thing took him an hour.:tink::tinker: We’re going on another Member Cruise...I am so excited!

We booked our first MC yesterday. NYC cruise. This will be our 14th cruise. Love that we don't have to fly, we can take the train. :-)

Did everyone else get asked the question whether they were interested in a pre cruise hotel stay and/or ABD pre cruise add on? I wonder what they will offer.

We booked our first MC yesterday. NYC cruise. This will be our 14th cruise. Love that we don't have to fly, we can take the train. :-)

Did everyone else get asked the question whether they were interested in a pre cruise hotel stay and/or ABD pre cruise add on? I wonder what they will offer.

Following is from the DVC website on the ABD for the NYC departure:
  • Pre-Cruise Vacation Package: Experience New York City before your cruise on October 3 and October 4, 2019. Plus, enjoy a day in Boston during the cruise.
  • Post-Cruise Vacation Package: Enjoy a day in Boston during the cruise. After the cruise, take extra time to explore New York City on October 12 and October 13, 2019.
Boston, Massachusetts: Highlights
Discover the historic city of Boston, Massachusetts. Follow the Boston Freedom Trail and learn about the American Revolution. Get a taste of the Northeast during a lunchtime clambake—featuring regional favorites like Maine lobster, New England clam chowder and more—as you enjoy breathtaking views on Thompson Island. While on this serene island, you can choose from a variety of fun activities like lawn games or an invigorating nature walk. Note: Menu items are subject to change.

New York City: Highlights
Embark on a one-of-a-kind adventure into America's melting pot of culture and cuisine. Behold this stunning city from atop One World Trade Center, the tallest building in the Western Hemisphere. Attend a Broadway performance—and go behind-the-scenes to learn what goes into New York’s incredible shows. Throughout your trip, enjoy delectable cuisine at iconic restaurants. With so much to see and do, you’ll understand why New York is called "The City That Never Sleeps"!

I did get asked about pre-cruise stay, CM said they were noting the choices & someone would call about it at a later time. I was not asked about the AbD options, but had seen them on the DVC website as @islandsnoopy notes above, there is a similar option for the Pacific Coast Cruise. I was disappointed in the AbD options, felt the one they offered for the 2016 MC out of NYC was better.

We asked too!

This is on the site now.

Adventures by Disney Vacation Package
Enhance your cruise vacation by adding the Disneyland Resort and San Francisco cruise package with Adventures by Disney.

Before your cruise, enjoy 2 magical days and nights with Adventures by Disney at the Disneyland Resort—Monday, May 13 until your cruise departure day on Wednesday, May 15. When the ship arrives in San Francisco on Friday, May 17, you’ll enjoy an action-packed day in the city, with Adventures by Disney leading the way.

Disneyland Resort: Highlights
Prepare for a journey of fun and inspiration at the Disneyland Resort in Anaheim, California! Go behind the magic of select theme park experiences. Savor delectable dining at popular Disneyland restaurants. And behold breathtaking nighttime spectaculars at both theme parks.

This package includes theme park admission and accommodations at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa—as well as transfers from Los Angeles International Airport or John Wayne Airport, and to the Port of San Diego.

San Francisco: Highlights
Explore the dazzling city of San Francisco, California. Ride bikes at Crissy Field, where you can enjoy views of the iconic Golden Gate Bridge and beautiful San Francisco Bay. Plus, visit the Lucasfilm campus and enjoy a privately guided tour of the Walt Disney Family Museum—popular destinations for film buffs and Disney lovers.

Points Chart
View the Points Chart for this Adventures by Disney vacation package.

I did get asked about the pre cruise/post cruise ABD add on, which I declined. Looking at the cost/price charts it's MORE than we are paying for the entire cruise so yeah......as cool as it sounds, it's not doable for us, the cruise will have to be enough and we will explore NYC on our own!

Since this is our 1st MC, we don't know...how do we receive confirmation of this booking? We haven't gotten anything but it does appear in our DVC dashboard.

Mines not even in my dashboard. Did you pay with points or cash? Maybe if you pay with points it goes in your dashboard (I paid cash.). I asked this question on the cruise meet thread started by @bobbiwoz and was told that all we can do is wait for the snail mail letter. I was getting nervous too, but it sounds like this is normal?

DH did the booking and now he says he can't really remember exactly what he did (which is why I'm nervous). We DID have a plan going in since we were in different states Saturday morning....seems that he wasn't listening closely to the plan :mad:
He says he paid for one of us with points, the other with cash (part of the plan) but did not get trip insurance (he did not recall this as part of the plan) and he has no idea how we are supposed to get notification of the booking. He doesn't recall any mention of an email or something in the mail.
So maybe it does show on our dashboard because of the points??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter