2 days!

rjan67

Mouseketeer
Leaving on Friday morning and started to feel super excited! Hoping all that energy will propel me through all the stuff I have to do before we leave!:scared1: We are going down to WDW to celebrate my 40th birthday:rolleyes: ...who said that? Ha! Anyway, do most of you book campsites on the way down, or do you play it by ear? I have a few spots in mind that we can stay, but never quite sure how much ground we will cover. I have phone numbers that I may call from the road. We are leaving from Ontario and will be looking for spots off of I75, most likely in Kentucky and Georgia. Any suggestions greatly appreciated!:)

We travel from Michigan along I-75 and and have never called ahead to make reservations at campgrounds. That being said, we are leaving next week and are a bit concerned if the campgrounds will be full, as it is prime camping season (we usually go in the off-season) ...... I guess we'll find out. We do have 2 favorites along I-75 that we gravitate to. In Tennessee (I think it is in Athens) there is the "Overnighter" which is very simple, small, privately-owned, cheaply priced and has clean bathrooms. In Georgia, we like "The Eagles Roost" in Valdosta. It is a KOA, close to 75 and is convenient to check into late at night.

I too have never made reservations on short, overnight trips and have never had a problem. I second the KOA. Then less than another half days drive and you're in Disney!:banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter