2 Day Itinerary Help

vetrik

DIS Veteran
I wasn’t planning a Disney trip this year....we did a 9 day trip last April and we have a Disney cruise booked for next February. However, Frontier got me with super cheap airfare and kids fly free, so now we get a really quick trip in before my daughter becomes a Disney adult and Star Wars opens. We booked flights based on the cheapest days to fly and a random long weekend my daughter has from school, and we’re going to have 2 full park days in May.

We’re a family of 4 with DD 9 (almost 10) and DS 3 (almost 4).

I think we’ll get 2 day park hoppers. My plan right now is a full day at MK on Thursday 5/16, and split HS and Epcot on Friday 5/17. We fly out Saturday and don’t really have enough time to make another park day worth it (hoping to do a couple hours at DS). TSL is a big priority, since it wasn’t open when we were there last year. I am not planning on being able to grab SDD fastpasses (we’re staying offsite with family, so we’ll be making FP at 30 days), but TSM is an absolute must ride for us. Something always comes up with that ride and we’ve never been able to ride it in all our previous trips!

I’m not sure the best way to approach our split day.....which park to do when, which park to make fastpasses for.....this is very different planning.

Option 1) PPO breakfast at Garden Grill (have this reservation) to get a few character meets in and ride Soarin (my son was too short last year, so we’d love to ride it with him this year). A few rides in Future World without FP, then make our way to World Showcase when it opens to enjoy a little of Flower and Garden Festival. Head to HS for the afternoon with FP (hopefully TSM, ST, TOT?), and plan to maybe ride SDD and/or Alien Swirling Saucers during Fantasmic/at park closing. Or with this plan we could make FP for Epcot, and then try to grab additional at HS?

Option 2) RD SDD. Do FP at HS and then head to Epcot.....do some rides if we can get FP and hopefully spend some time in World Showcase. Or FP at Epcot?

Option 3) something else I haven’t thought of?

TSL is a big priority
Are there any EMM or DAH going on while you are there? It is extra money but it would allow you to do TS land and then have more time at Epcot.

I think RD of SDD still gets pretty long waits unless you are very early to the park.

We did EMM at HS and did have a great time, rode ToT and ST and were done the park by 10:30, so this could be an option, but obviously costs a pretty penny.

SDD is a tough FP to get, so if you don't possibly your idea of going during fantasmic might be your best option if you can't get a FP.

Which park is open later?

If HS closes at 7p or before, I'd start with HS and do my FP's there 1st. If you want to do SDD, you'll want one there for sure. If you can FP SDD, then you'll have to standby on the Alien ride and TSM as I think they are all on the same Tier.

Are there any EMM or DAH going on while you are there? It is extra money but it would allow you to do TS land and then have more time at Epcot.

I think RD of SDD still gets pretty long waits unless you are very early to the park.

We did EMM at HS and did have a great time, rode ToT and ST and were done the park by 10:30, so this could be an option, but obviously costs a pretty penny.

SDD is a tough FP to get, so if you don't possibly your idea of going during fantasmic might be your best option if you can't get a FP.

I definitely looked into EMM and DAH. There’s an EMM the Wed we fly in, which we can’t go to, but there’s none on the Friday we’re doing the parks unfortunately. I would seriously consider that if we were there on a day it was offered. I couldn’t find dates for DAH for May yet...and as much as I would love to do DAH, it’s even more expensive and I’m concerned it wouldn’t be worth it with my 3 year old.

Which park is open later?

If HS closes at 7p or before, I'd start with HS and do my FP's there 1st. If you want to do SDD, you'll want one there for sure. If you can FP SDD, then you'll have to standby on the Alien ride and TSM as I think they are all on the same Tier.

I believe both parks close at 9 pm right now. I’m definitely going to check like crazy and hope somehow I get lucky with a FP for SDD!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter