2 Contracts at 2 WDW resorts

Avery&Todd

DIS Veteran
DH and I are pondering purchasing DVC, we will probably buy at CCV but if at some point in the future we wanted a 2nd contract and wanted to purchase at lets say, VGF, but for a lesser amount, would we have 2 "home" resorts that we could book at 11 months, or would only the resort we have the most points at be considered our "home" resort??

Example - we buy 200 pts at CCV in 2018 but then decide in 2 years to buy 100 pts at VGF.

Lets also say that both contracts have the same UY (since we'd probably do that too)

If I combine my points from both contracts, can I book a 2 br villa for a week at VGF at 11 months out or do I have to wait until 7 months since my points alone at VGF aren't enough for a 2br?

THANKS!!

You will have 2 home resorts. Each contract will have the 11 month booking at its own resort. You cannot mix the points until 7 months.
In your example your CCV points could be used at CCV only at 11 months and your VGF points could be used at VGF only at 11 months. At 7 months you could use any/all of the points at any resort.

You will have 2 home resorts. Each contract will have the 11 month booking at its own resort. You cannot mix the points until 7 months.
In your example your CCV points could be used at CCV only at 11 months and your VGF points could be used at VGF only at 11 months. At 7 months you could use any/all of the points at any resort.

Which means that since we'd only have 100 pts at VGF, then we couldn't book a 2 br villa for a week since we wouldn't have enough points and could only book what we had enough points at either resort.

right?

so many new rules to learn!!

Which means that since we'd only have 100 pts at VGF, then we couldn't book a 2 br villa for a week since we wouldn't have enough points and could only book what we had enough points at either resort.

right?

so many new rules to learn!!
Right. You would have to wait for the 7 month mark to combine the points to try and get a 2 BR at VGF.

You can bank and borrow your points to get the 2 bedroom if you want. We own 7 home resorts but now only vacation at three. We have MK resorts and Epcot/DHS resorts. Seldom park hop, stay at a park resort and visit that park, next time stay at the other resorts and visit that park. Owning different home resorts gives you the 11 month booking advantage allowing you to stay where you want when you want without transferring points or having to use waitlists praying that they come through.

:earsboy: Bill

DH and I are pondering purchasing DVC, we will probably buy at CCV but if at some point in the future we wanted a 2nd contract and wanted to purchase at lets say, VGF, but for a lesser amount, would we have 2 "home" resorts that we could book at 11 months, or would only the resort we have the most points at be considered our "home" resort??

Example - we buy 200 pts at CCV in 2018 but then decide in 2 years to buy 100 pts at VGF.

Lets also say that both contracts have the same UY (since we'd probably do that too)

If I combine my points from both contracts, can I book a 2 br villa for a week at VGF at 11 months out or do I have to wait until 7 months since my points alone at VGF aren't enough for a 2br?

THANKS!!
Why not go for VGF resale or BRV resale? Then just buy enough points to make that work and see how it goes. You could buy another later and once you're more experienced, it might be a different option.

Why not go for VGF resale or BRV resale? Then just buy enough points to make that work and see how it goes. You could buy another later and once you're more experienced, it might be a different option.

We would start with CCV since Disney is offering a discount right now and it's got the longest "interest" right now - even though we just stayed at BRV and LOVED it, but the "interest" is only like 24 years vs. 49 years with CCV...

and we just love VGF, so that could be a resale in the future..

who knows..still trying to make sure we have a grasp on all of our options and what DVC would mean for us before we pull the trigger!

We would start with CCV since Disney is offering a discount right now and it's got the longest "interest" right now - even though we just stayed at BRV and LOVED it, but the "interest" is only like 24 years vs. 49 years with CCV...

who knows..still trying to make sure we have a grasp on all of our options and what DVC would mean for us before we pull the trigger!
Your choice but likely not the best value. The end years don't have that much value. I'd suggest you consider resale but your choice of course.

Disney is offering you a direct discount on a price that they set high so they can say that they are giving you a discount. They will also give you a UY saying that you are getting free points when in fact you are paying for those points and getting a UY that may not be the best for you. Don't be fooled. An extra 24 years doesn't mean much if you are going to sell in 10 years.

Last edited:
Disney is offering you a direct discount on a price that they set high so they can say that they are giving you a discount. They will also give you a UY saying that you are getting free points when in fact you are paying for those points and getting a UY that may not be the best for you. Don't be fooled. An extra 24 years doesn't mean much is you are going to sell in 10 years.

I don't have a choice in the UY? They just give me one???

At this point we'd still be traveling mostly during the summer months (May-Sept) so we'd need a UY like April-June, right?

and our intention would be to not sell the DVC but pass it on to the kids...so length of interest is important to us...

At this point we'd still be traveling mostly during the summer months (May-Sept) so we'd need a UY like April-June, right?

and our intention would be to not sell the DVC but pass it on to the kids...so length of interest is important to us...

People who don't know to ask are just assigned UY. If you insist on a certain one they should sell it to you though.

Buying for legacy is tough. Things you think people will want they may not and then you've compromised yourselves if what you buy isn't exactly what you would like.

People who don't know to ask are just assigned UY. If you insist on a certain one they should sell it to you though.

Buying for legacy is tough. Things you think people will want they may not and then you've compromised yourselves if what you buy isn't exactly what you would like.

We're taking our time to read everything so we buy what DH and I want.....the benefit would be if the kids want it when they're older - if not, we sell then, but we'd get enough use out of it ourselves for a long enough time that it would have been worth it...

you guys ROCK with all of this information!!

You may love Disney, later maybe your kids, not so much. Years of paying dues at old resorts is not something that many will want to do. Better for you to sell and give them the money for something that they want. Our adult daughter is on our deeds with us, only wants to go to Disney every few years. Our adult son not on our deeds, doesn't care to go back to Disney.

IMO it's not reasonable to buy retail for CCV specifically for the few extra yeas or to set up a legacy issue. It's just too expensive for those options as the goal. But if CCV retail is a good choice otherwise, then having options is always good. The kids may not want it or be prepared t handle it and even if they are, at some point you'd still have to pay to have the deed changed unless they are adults and you put them on up front which one could do resale as well.

If you buy CCV with an April-June use year now, you won't get 2017 points since you're in the 2018 use year. Something to consider. You can possibly find a resale with 2017 points. What type of room were you looking to typically book? CCV is great (disclaimer - I own there- I love it) but the studios are on the smaller side - sleep 4 vs 5 at BRV.

If you buy CCV with an April-June use year now, you won't get 2017 points since you're in the 2018 use year. Something to consider. You can possibly find a resale with 2017 points. What type of room were you looking to typically book? CCV is great (disclaimer - I own there- I love it) but the studios are on the smaller side - sleep 4 vs 5 at BRV.

at this point we'd be needing a 2br villa - we have 2 teenage boys and we rented a 2br at BRV this June and LOVED the space!!

What would be a better use year for us if we will "usually" be traveling to WDW in June-Aug? Would April or June be best??

at this point we'd be needing a 2br villa - we have 2 teenage boys and we rented a 2br at BRV this June and LOVED the space!!

What would be a better use year for us if we will "usually" be traveling to WDW in June-Aug? Would April or June be best??

In your other post you mention traveling May - Sept. If May is a real possibility (even if checking in May 31) I'd choose April. If your feeling sure that you can live with travelling June 1st and forward thru the Fall, I'd choose June.

Another way to look at it is that you want to be OK with not traveling or rarely traveling the 3 -4 months prior to your UY. (Reason: you have time to bank (ideal) or re-use your points without losing them if you need to cancel) So for April that means you're generally ok with not travelling Dec - Mar. For June, that's Feb - May.

A lot of people really like the WL for the holidays. So, I'd probably go with June so that if your habits change, you can safely book Nov-Dec-Jan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter