2:30 or 5PM ceremony for Wishes reception?

BlovesC

home is where the Yeti is
Need some advice please! So, we've changed our plans for the tenth time or so :rolleyes1 and have decided to have our Escape ceremony at SBP instead of Epcot, for a variety of reasons. We'd love to book the Napa room at CG for a reception during Wishes. I just have no idea which SBP ceremony time would be best to accommodate that plan. I know they give Escape ceremonies an hour and a half from setup to finish, even though most here seem to say they go by much much faster, so perhaps 5PM would be pushing it if we were to start our reception at, say, 7PM. But I don't really know what we'd do after the 2:30 ceremony until the reception. I have no idea how much time we'll be allotted for our reception...if it started at 6PM, would our time be 'up' before Wishes began?

How much time do you need for photographs after the ceremony typically? We're using DPS and since we both hate having our photo taken, I'm not expecting to upgrade to any lengthy photo package.

Would you recommend having the cake cutting immediately after the ceremony, or having it set up at the Napa room?

Thanks in advance for any insight!

We're having a Wishes wedding at the Wedding Pavilion at 5pm, then using the Napa Room for the reception after. Our basic timeline looks like this:

5pm-6pm- Ceremony and Pictures
6pm-7pm- Cocktail Hour at the Napa Room
7pm-11pm- Reception

Our planner told us that Wishes is generally around 8pm when we're going (Our wedding is in December) but the times vary by season. Usually in the summer, Wishes is at 10pm.

HTH! :goodvibes

I think a 5pm ceremony would be fine if you want to catch Wishes during your reception, but remember that for Escape brides they only give you 3 hours for your reception so you may be cutting it close if Wishes is at 9 or 10pm that day.

Also the Napa Room food and beverage minimums are pretty high after 5pm. I think for a 6pm reception it's $3000 which might be hard to make if you have a small guest count.

I had to switch my reception because there was no way I was making the 4k minimum at the Napa Room for my 1-5pm reception.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter