2/13-16/23 Magic Kingdom / EPCOT Trip Report FL Resident

rf53

Mouseketeer
Tickets and resort hotel:

At present there is a very decent ticketing option for Florida residents visiting Mondays through Fridays. Disney World is offering a two day weekday ticket for $175 per person, a three day weekday ticket for $195 per person, and a four day weekday ticket for $215 per person. There is a park hopper add on for $40 per ticket. You may use the tickets on consecutive or non-consecutive weekdays but they must be used by April 27, 2023, and there are some spring break blackout dates. We selected the two day non-hopper option. The resorts are also currently discounted and since we only needed a place to sleep we selected the value All-Star movies at $138/night. All in all not a bad deal given the current outrageous prices at the World.

Genie+:

The price for this feature was $18 per person plus tax on both February 14 at MK, and February 15 at EPCOT. It was definitely worth it. Although the crowds were down, some attractions had 40 to 60 minute queues. Using Genie+ at 7am each morning from the resort we were easily able to get early Lightning Lanes for desired attractions and then a new LL immediately after tapping in to the existing LL attraction. At MK we scored 5 LL’s and at EPCOT 4. We were also able to easily get boarding group 102 for Guardians of the Galaxy at EPCOT by requesting it at 7am from the resort. Modifying existing LL times throughout the day proved to be simple and effective. I am happy to report no glitches.

Dining:

Night 1 we had dinner at Wine Bar George in Disney Springs using an ADR. This restaurant is fantastic if you are a wine enthusiast. It is not kid friendly so I would pass if traveling with small children. Request a table upstairs on the balcony for a great view.

On February 14, we had lunch reservations at Be Our Guest in MK. The restaurant was very crowded and the reception area was busy. Our table was 15 minutes late, which seems to be standard for park restaurants. This was our first time at BOG. I get the fact that it is an old castle theme but they keep the lighting so low it is literally difficult to read the menus. The service was quick. Turnover seems to be their motto. The food was pretty good, but I don’t think we will be back.

On February 15, we toured the food booths at the EPCOT Festival of the Arts. After hearing some glowing reports from several vloggers I honestly expected more. The food was meh! I can’t say I found a dish I would highly recommend. The food prices were reasonable, but the drink prices are ridiculous. I mean, $17 for a frozen margarita in a plastic cup? C’mon! At night we had dinner at the San Angel Inn at the Mexican pavilion. We first stopped at the tequila bar for a quick drink. Since the crowds were down we scored a standing table and the service was great. The restaurant was less than half full, and the service was very good.

Tips and Miscellaneou:

If you can schedule a weekday off season visit to Disney World, I highly recommend it. This was our first visit during such a period and the difference is tremendous. You can get so much more done during a shorter stay, and the transportation was a breeze. We never waited more than a few minutes for a bus, and one afternoon we were literally the only ones on board.

Definitely learn how to work with Genie+. Knowing how to use this system makes a huge difference. Learn when to schedule your Lightning Lanes and how to schedule new ones. Also learn how to modify the times. This is key to getting multiple LL’s throughout the day and cutting down your wait times by hours. The Ear Scouts YouTube channel has excellent tutorial videos.

Finally, at EPCOT definitely take time to visit little known areas like the gardens at the Japan pavilion and the inner buildings and bar at the pavilion in Morocco. Also, don’t miss the crepe stand outside of the Ratatouille attraction in France. Try the butter and sugar crepe. You won’t regret it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter