1st Week of June - What to Expect?

popeboy

Earning My Ears
We have almost exclusively gone to Disney in the second week of May (right on or after Mother's Day). Once we went in the second week of October, but I have never gone in the summer.
This year I just can't take my older son out of school for a week so we are planning on arriving on June 5th the day after our school session is ended.
Crowds were always manageable in mid May (and mid October)... by no means light, but manageable with Fast Passes. We were also able to get multiple additional fast passes throughout the day by constantly refreshing the app as we went along.

So my question is to those of you who have come in early June... how crowded should I expect it to be? I'm a little worried since we have always had a pretty good experience in the past coming while school is still in session for everyone.

Thanks for your info!

I have seen the crowds at a 6 level and seen them at 8 and 9. But with rope drop and the proper use of fast passes we have never had an issue on getting ride.

I have seen the crowds at a 6 level and seen them at 8 and 9. But with rope drop and the proper use of fast passes we have never had an issue on getting ride.

This! We have gone quite a few times end of May/beginning of June. We can tell it is a little more crowded at the end of trip vs. beginning of trip as kids start getting out of school. It's manageable, especially if you use RD and FP's.

We've gone the first week of June a few times, and it's not bad at all. Not nearly as crowded as Christmas, which is the other time of year that we've done. I'm sure it's more crowded than mid-May, but we find it to be pretty manageable.

It can be a bit warm, so stay hydrated and take breaks if necessary. We're from Texas so we're used to it, but I'm sure it can be uncomfortable if you're not used to the heat. But June isn't as bad in that respect as later in the summer.

I will add that getting extra FP+ by refreshing works most anytime, so you should be fine in that respect. We were able to get everything we wanted that way at Christmas last year - to the extent that we don't feel the need to do RD much anymore, knowing that we can ride whatever we want anytime with a little persistence on the app.

Have a great trip! We'll be there just before you - our schools get out on May 29, so we'll be there May 30-June 5. Can't wait!

We've gone the first week of June a few times, and it's not bad at all. Not nearly as crowded as Christmas, which is the other time of year that we've done. I'm sure it's more crowded than mid-May, but we find it to be pretty manageable.

It can be a bit warm, so stay hydrated and take breaks if necessary. We're from Texas so we're used to it, but I'm sure it can be uncomfortable if you're not used to the heat. But June isn't as bad in that respect as later in the summer.

I will add that getting extra FP+ by refreshing works most anytime, so you should be fine in that respect. We were able to get everything we wanted that way at Christmas last year - to the extent that we don't feel the need to do RD much anymore, knowing that we can ride whatever we want anytime with a little persistence on the app.

Have a great trip! We'll be there just before you - our schools get out on May 29, so we'll be there May 30-June 5. Can't wait!

Great info, thanks!

Don't be surprised if it rains nearly every day - afternoon into the evening hours. It can be quite torrential at times but when it is over it feels so good. Much cooler and the crowds have always thinned out quite a bit

We arrive on June 5th as well! Hoping for the best. We’re going to have a good plan and Fastpasses and we will see what happens!

We’ve previously been in early May and it was glorious. Wish we could go at that time again lol.

We were there June 2-9 last summer. The 9th was incredibly crowded but the rest of the week wasn’t bad at all. We refreshed for more FPs than I ever would have expected, and were able to ride everything we wanted multiple times. We only waited in one standby line over 10 minutes (Navi River) while starting each day between 10:30 and 11.

Weather was decent this trip and we never unfolded the panchos once.

We have gone in June for many years now, at all times. With my job, we now go in the middle. The crowds are better the earlier you go, we have noticed.

I think it's a great time to go.

I should have added we will also be there June 2-14. Early to mid June has been our "time" for WDW since 1997. It is warm, but not terrible. Two years ago we decided we wanted to experience the 4th of July at WDW. The humidity about did us in. It has never felt that bad in early June.

Yep we are early May people also. No better time to go.
Early June will be busier bit not as busy as July and first 2 weeks of August. Open the parks and close the parks. Is the best plan of attack. We have had to go in June twice. It wasn’t bad. But it isn’t early May. Lol.
Just get there when they open and maximise the time. I’d advise against hopping. I think you’ll get more done one park per day.

My husband and I were there June 10-20 last summer for our honeymoon. We live in Central California where it regularly gets into the 100's during the summer and the Florida humidity nearly did us in a few times. The only time I felt that crowds were an issue was our last night at MK. We were walking through Adventureland and I think I was just done with people, but it felt crowded right then. Wait times weren't bad overall - I don't remember waiting standby more than 15-20 minutes. We thoroughly enjoyed our trip and we joke that we'll never go back in the summer because of the humidity, but we are already talking about our next summer trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter