1st trip to Universal Studios Hollywood w kids

halfmonkey

DIS Veteran
We're thinking about taking our two boys to USH for the first time. With their promo going on right now where you pay for a day and get the rest of 2015 free (w black out dates), it seems like a good time to check out USH. It's been such a long time since we've been there, I was hoping people could give us some tips. We're looking to get a hotel and the website shows some hotels but they seem like they were quite expensive. Does anybody have any tips on hotels in the area. When we go to DLR/DCA, we like staying off property at the Doubletree Suites or Homewood Suites. Does USH have anything similar to these kind of properties?

As far as rides are concerned, it looks like the Minion ride is the latest and greatest so I'm guessing we should make our way to that ride right in the morning? Any other tips on rides?

My boys just watched Back to the Future for the first time and they loved the movie and can't wait for movie night and we watch part 2. Looking at the USH website, it looks like the Back to the Future ride isn't there anymore but they still have the car. Too bad. I think my boys would have loved that ride.

Does anybody know of a good app for USH? It doesn't have to be their own. If it showed wait times, that would be great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter