1st Trip to DLP - Help with Online Booking

kbratich

Earning My Ears
Hello,

We are planning on visiting DLP for 3 nights (2 park days) in July. I was visiting the American DLP website and viewing the offers, specifically the 25% off and half board package. When I enter the dates, it automatically calculates 3 nights and park tickets 4 days. I only need park tickets for 2 days. Is there a way to change this or do I need to call?

Not sure if you can do it by calling, but online definitely not. Packages include tickets for all days, including arrival and departure day.
You could buy them separately, but then you would need to book the hotel through sites like Expedia, hotels.com, booking.com.
Tickets you can buy via the Disney website, or one of the few resellers.

What is your plan on your arrival and departure day (assuming you do not need tickets for these days)? Keep in mind that the hotels are just hotels, not resorts.

Also please check the other country websites, US usually offers the most expensive rates.

Karin, thank you for your response! We will be flying in to CDG and arriving in Disneyland Paris later that day. We were thinking of getting situated in the hotel and then walking around (dinner/shopping) the Disney Village, although I’m not sure how big it is. Is Disney village similar in size to Disney Springs in California or Disney Springs in Florida? It sounds like it’s closer in size to the one in Cali, but I’m not 100%. The 2nd and 3rd days we are planning on doing the parks and on the 4th day, we are departing early for our roughly 5hr drive to Colmar.

The prices on the DLP American site seem to be really high. We spent 10 nights in Disney world in September and the price for 3 nights quoted on DLP was close to what we paid for our Sept trip. Do/can Americans book on other country websites? I guess I could google translate...or maybe use the UK site. What country tends to have the best rates? My kids will be 8 and 11 at time of travel. Is the half board worth it? Asking in case I end up booking the hotel on Expedia and purchasing tickets on the DLP site. DLP doesn’t seem very user friendly. Lol. Thanks for the help!!

Karin, thank you for your response! We will be flying in to CDG and arriving in Disneyland Paris later that day. We were thinking of getting situated in the hotel and then walking around (dinner/shopping) the Disney Village, although I’m not sure how big it is. Is Disney village similar in size to Disney Springs in California or Disney Springs in Florida? It sounds like it’s closer in size to the one in Cali, but I’m not 100%. The 2nd and 3rd days we are planning on doing the parks and on the 4th day, we are departing early for our roughly 5hr drive to Colmar.

The prices on the DLP American site seem to be really high. We spent 10 nights in Disney world in September and the price for 3 nights quoted on DLP was close to what we paid for our Sept trip. Do/can Americans book on other country websites? I guess I could google translate...or maybe use the UK site. What country tends to have the best rates? My kids will be 8 and 11 at time of travel. Is the half board worth it? Asking in case I end up booking the hotel on Expedia and purchasing tickets on the DLP site. DLP doesn’t seem very user friendly. Lol. Thanks for the help!!

Disney Village is smaller than California. Also the offering is not much different from what you will find in the park. Coming from the parks walking in the direction of the hotels you have the stores on your left, restaurants on your right.
If you have never been there before, like to shop and are Disney fans, I would devote max 2 hours to this and that's by taking it slow.

Everyone can book on every country website (something to do with European laws, don't ask me :P ) You have UK and Irish, but all the websites have the same set up, so you can compare where to click. Google translate helps, but if you are more comfortable, you can call and tell them that you want to book the German offer, for example. It can really differ per family, season etc. what is the best offer. Only you can decide that. Look at the menus of the restaurants and make a budget what you would like to spend on meals. I've never used the half board options myself, so I cannot talk from experience. But as a lot of American visitors use the vouchers, I'm sure there is a benefit in using them.

I never understand the feedback from Americans that the DLP website is less user friendly than those in the US, to me it's structured exactly the same... what is it exactly you are missing?

It’s just a standard to include tickets for all days, so I would recommend pricing everything separately. Tickets are often cheaper from places like picniq or attractiontix.

The Disney village is tiny compared to downtown Disney in California and a lot less exciting. There are no non-Disney shops other than the Lego store. I’d suggest maybe buffalo bills show on your arrival night if you don’t want to visit the parks.

The meal plan is ONLY worth purchasing if you definitely want a cooked breakfast buffet each morning as breakfast is around €20pp. If you get breakfast elsewhere - Starbucks, earl of sandwich, McDonald’s etc then just pay for meals as you go!

Thank you for the help!
Disney Village is smaller than California. Also the offering is not much different from what you will find in the park. Coming from the parks walking in the direction of the hotels you have the stores on your left, restaurants on your right.
If you have never been there before, like to shop and are Disney fans, I would devote max 2 hours to this and that's by taking it slow.

Everyone can book on every country website (something to do with European laws, don't ask me :P ) You have UK and Irish, but all the websites have the same set up, so you can compare where to click. Google translate helps, but if you are more comfortable, you can call and tell them that you want to book the German offer, for example. It can really differ per family, season etc. what is the best offer. Only you can decide that. Look at the menus of the restaurants and make a budget what you would like to spend on meals. I've never used the half board options myself, so I cannot talk from experience. But as a lot of American visitors use the vouchers, I'm sure there is a benefit in using them.

I never understand the feedback from Americans that the DLP website is less user friendly than those in the US, to me it's structured exactly the same... what is it exactly you are missing?

Overall I don’t think it’s a bad site .... with the American Disney sites, we can book a package deal that includes both hotel, park tickets, dining, etc but choose how many days we want park tickets for. For example, we were there for 10 days and we only purchased 7 days of park tickets with hopper pass... the packages are set up so we have that option. The website didn’t automatically generate 10 days of park tickets for us.

Package deals are great, but in our case for DLP, we would be wasting that 4th day. Since Disney Vullage doesn’t sound too big, maybe we go to the park that night. I’ll have to price things out but we may end booking everything separately. We aren’t there that long. Also, what are thoughts on the ultimate fast pass? It looks pricey, but may be worth it for a July visit. The days we would be visiting on Sunday night- Tuesday. We leave that Wednesday morning. Thank you again for your kind help!

It’s just a standard to include tickets for all days, so I would recommend pricing everything separately. Tickets are often cheaper from places like picniq or attractiontix.

The Disney village is tiny compared to downtown Disney in California and a lot less exciting. There are no non-Disney shops other than the Lego store. I’d suggest maybe buffalo bills show on your arrival night if you don’t want to visit the parks.

The meal plan is ONLY worth purchasing if you definitely want a cooked breakfast buffet each morning as breakfast is around €20pp. If you get breakfast elsewhere - Starbucks, earl of sandwich, McDonald’s etc then just pay for meals as you go!

Thank you Jessica! Breakfast is a nice to have, but we are just as happy to grab something quick, especially since we are there for a short time. I am going to price our hotel on expedia and tickets separately. This may be the way to go. Since the Disney village is smaller, we may go to the park that 1st night, but definitely won’t need that 4th day park ticket. What are your thoughts on the ultimate fast pass? It seems pricey but maybe worth it?

What are your thoughts on the ultimate fast pass? It seems pricey but maybe worth it?

Hi! I will also be there in July with my 3 girls for two half days with a full day sandwiched in the middle. I finally just decided to buy the ultimate fast pass for us for our one full day in the parks. We will be staying onsite, and have access to the extra morning hours, but I felt with us just arriving and dealing with jet lag, that it took a lot of pressure off of us having to get up early in the mornings to take advantage of the extra hour. We will spend our arrival afternoon and last half day on the rides and shows without fast passes. Enjoy your trip!

Last edited:
Ah, I get it. It is not the site then, it is that a product or service you have in the US isnt available in Paris.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter