1st trip questions??

hbentleylll

Mouseketeer
We are a cancelled Disney trip family and making our 1st trip in Aug. I have a few questions since we've never been and may need to adjust our Disney minds! Kids are 12, 9, and 6.

*Bags? We taking in an epipen and inhaler along with ponchos and stuff. I see lockers is a thing here. How do those work?

*We are use to tickets on a magic band. What is it on here? We are a resort/ticket package.

*Dining plans worth it?

*Clearly we thought we were going to Disney. Can we wear some of our Disney shirts without getting crap?

I'm sure there us more haha so feel free to throw any other info you feel we need.

You are overthinking all of this. :) The world isn't divided up between Disney and Universal...you're allowed to like both! No one will care if you are wearing Disney stuff.
What I strongly advise though is you don't make this a compare and contrast while planning or visiting. If you do, reframe your compare and contrast to be about visiting a local amusement park than Disney. Disney is a whole weird thing. ;) Universal is a lot more straightforward.
You should probably get some lanyards for your tickets.
Dining plan? You can decide on the fly. Based on what you order, the cashier can let you know if it'll make financial sense based on how you eat/ order. I personally don't get them but others do.
Bags- travel light. You aren't going on safari. :) But, you' might consider a 3 prong fanny pack since you absolutely have some items you need full time access to. Hulk and RRR are the only 2 that might give you trouble (probably something you can manage with a visit to guest services). Locker areas are really congested. If you can change how you pack that might be good during this time of social distancing.

You are overthinking all of this. :) The world isn't divided up between Disney and Universal...you're allowed to like both! No one will care if you are wearing Disney stuff.
What I strongly advise though is you don't make this a compare and contrast while planning or visiting. If you do, reframe your compare and contrast to be about visiting a local amusement park than Disney. Disney is a whole weird thing. ;) Universal is a lot more straightforward.
You should probably get some lanyards for your tickets.
Dining plan? You can decide on the fly. Based on what you order, the cashier can let you know if it'll make financial sense based on how you eat/ order. I personally don't get them but others do.
Bags- travel light. You aren't going on safari. :) But, you' might consider a 3 prong fanny pack since you absolutely have some items you need full time access to. Hulk and RRR are the only 2 that might give you trouble (probably something you can manage with a visit to guest services). Locker areas are really congested. If you can change how you pack that might be good during this time of social distancing.
Thank you so much!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter