1st trip magical, second trip complaints

SullyWully

Earning My Ears
First trip last year was perfect. Low crowds and decent weather. This year , last week of Oct, was still fun, but definetly have complaints. We stayed at CBR and had free dining. Last year we stayed at POR so I was worried about staying at CBR. I can say that CBR is a nice resort, with a good tropical vibe. I requetsed a room in Jamaica 45 but got 41. Not a terrible walk to Port Royale, but not exactly short either. Walk to Custom House was brutal with luggae. Despite opting in for a text when room was ready, I never received a text. I had to call from the park to ask if it was ready. Bell hop service was awesome. Other issues with CbR was the wifi would not connect to the server and cellphone service in room was so weak no calls, internet or text. I had to go outside to use. Other issues were buses. Jamaica seemed to be the first stop on majority of the days. This was good in that we got a seat, but bad because we had 7 mores stops. From Jamiaca to parks, I would say it took on average 45 minutes. This is based on morning opening park hours. HS only took about 30 minutes. Buses on way home were decent but packed. Again Jamaica seemed to be the first stop, plus for us.overall no major complaints but we will most likely go back to POR on next visit. But I would not hesitate to stay at CBR in the future.

Weather was awesome, no complaints there

Crowds were larger than expected. I made the rookie mistake and visited MK on Monday. Crowd predictions had it at 5 but read later they were a 6. Other parks were about what I expected and no real complaints. Crowds seemed to be higer due to large population of foreign visitiors. Large number of Brits, Other Eurpoeans and Brazillians. Witnessed an argurment between a woman and a Brit who blatantly cut the line. That was a first. While I am happy to see foreign visitors at the park, I do wish they would learn about some of our customs. My biggest complaint is when Americans are lost or confused, we tend to move to the side or out of people's way. I noticed the South American friends just stand in the middle of walking traffic trying to figure their way. Not a big deal, but kind of annoying when you are trying to make your way somewhere.

Bathrooms, I thought they were dirty for the most part. All of them seemed to smell of vomit too. Did not notice this on first trip.

Spent Halloween night by attending MNSSHP. Will never do that again either. Park was packed and there is just too much to do in a short amount of time. Fireworks were the highlight for me. Everything else required a really long wait, except rides but we didn't get to do any except HM because we were waiting in line for everything else and kids trick or treating. Really feel people hype this up too much. If I was to do the party again, I would also go to the park during the day to ride all the rides, and then spend time at party just meeting characters and fireworks and parade.

Memory Maker- Make sure you take note of all attraction photos. only test track appeared in our MM. I am working with MM team now to locate all attraction photos but fear most are gone. They could only locate ones where I used fast pass. Video of TOT and 7DMT did not appear either. They also lost another photo during MNSSHP. Not sure if I can get a refund.

Even though it doesn't seem like it from my post, I still loved our Disney trip and plan on going next year. I just didn't notice the little things like I did this year.

I'm also just back from WDW Oct. 22 - Nov. 2. Like most trips, there were many highlights and some lowlights. I have to agree with you that the bathrooms need to be cleaner. This is true of many of the theme park bathrooms, and also some of the resort guest room bathrooms. Also I had the same experience you describe with missing Memory Maker pictures. Only the Test Track ones were automatically there. They were able to add Dinosaur and Everest only after I gave them the numbers. 7DMT does not yet have numbers, and they are still hunting for my ride photos and videos. Their main selling point for wearing Magic Bands (IMHO) was that your ride photos would automatically be there, but so far, for the most part, this has not been working.

Focussing on characters, fireworks, and parade was exactly my approach to MNSSHP, and that worked out well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter