1st timer camping & May 2019

hershey2014

Mouseketeer
We are on our planning stages for a trip in May 2019. We're looking at coming down May 23-June 1. We have never been camping down there before. Any tips at staying at the campground? We will be staying in a camper. What kind of crowds should we expect?

I'm no expert, but it looks to me as if you'll be there over Memorial Day weekend. I'd expect big crowds.

I have been down several times the week of Memorial Day. The holiday weekend will be busy, 8-9-10 busy, which is "normal" for a summer month. Because many schools are not out yet, Tuesday on will be a little nicer. Think 6-7. It won't be as busy as mid-June/July (9-10). (although crowds right now are below summer norms). There is also speculation that next summer will be below norms due to people holding off on trips until Star Wars (Galaxy's Edge) opens at the end of the year. I'm not sure if this will impact the regular school age summer trips.

Weather wise will be HOT... By the end of May/early June is the heat of the summer there. Mid to upper 90s each day. Expect afternoon rain each day.

We used to go this week when DS was in school. Schools here are out in mid-May. If you are tied to school calendars, this is probably the best option of the summer.

j

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter