• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

1st Time to Universal/IOA-Need Help

jgates

<font color=teal>Must vow NEVER to toggle the tags
We will be going in late July (ack!) to Disney and for the first time Universal/IOA. I purchased the 7 day bonus passes a few weeks ago and feel silly now when I see that they will give you something nicer than the weird things we got! Didn't realize that!

Can someone give me a few tips on Universal/IOA?

I will have a 17 year old son and a 9 year old daughter with me. He can probably find his way around fine!, however dd & I will be together.

What things should she not miss?

Are there easily accessible food places all around? I am diabetic and may need something quickly at times. What are the fast easy food spots you would recommend?

Are there attractions that are more inside and cooler if the weather is unbearable? We left Animal Kingdom last time and just gave up on it because it was just too warm there-went back to Epcot to some of the inside attractions.

Should we eat somewhere in the park or go out to CityWalk & eat there? How far is actual distance going from one of the parks, out to CW & back in again?

How many days should I use of this pass? We will be in Orlando about 10 days - 2 days at World Golf Village in StAugustine and 4 days driving down and back. I am planning on buying 5 day Disney passes (maybe 4 for ds as he will be golfing a couple of days). I don't want to burn out on fun, but I don't want to miss things too. Other than 5 days @ Disney, dd & I will probably just shop, swim on his golf days unless we go back to Universal on our own.

Sorry for all the questions-I'm good at Disney but at totally lost here!

Can't tell you what your daughter should not miss since you didn't say what kinds of things she likes.At IOA-- If she likes coasters, then Hulk and Dueling Dragons (FRONT ROW) are a must. Spiderman is a MUST. Jurassic Park river ride is great. If you want to get very wet, do Bluto's Barge ride and Dudley's river falls. Suessland is great---not just for little kids.
At US--Men in Black and Terminator II a must sees. ET is fun. There are shows to see at both parks. Get a brochure each day as you enter the parks to see the show schedules.
There are some cool places if you get too hot. Anything inside in air conditioned. The bathrooms are air conditioned. We were there in July also and went early in the morning and then enjoyed the pool later in the afternoon The parks were open until 10:00, so we'd go back at night when it was not as hot.
There are food kiosks around the parks. The BEST place to eat is Mythos in IOA. We had great gyro sandwiches at the Fire Eaters Grille in IOA. Good lunch at Lonbard's Landing in US. Citywalk is right outside each of the parks. It's really so much easier to navigate than anthing at WDW. Very easy to go from either park to Citywalk and then back again. We also enjoyed meals at Latin Quarter and the Hard Rock Cafe (your kids would probably love it here) in Citywalk.
As far as how many days to use the passes, that's up to you. Play it by ear. Are you staying on site? If you're on site with express access, you can do the parks in a few days and then go back to repeat the things you really loved. If you're off site you may spend quite a bit of time waiting in lines. Try to get express passes for attractions you want to see.

Don't miss the Woody Woodpecker kidzone at Universal, there is ET(veeery busy), animal planet show, and a GREAT wet play area called Curious George. Bring a towel and bathing suit. There's also a really fun area behind CG. It's an enclosed dry ball play area, it's 2 stories and there are all these nerf balls to shoot at each other. Probably a mad house when it's really busy!

In Universal, Camp Jurassic is a play area with caves,lava,slides and some water cannons.

Have fun!

Do they have lockers available for rent to store dry clothes,etc in?

Originally posted by jgates
Do they have lockers available for rent to store dry clothes,etc in?

They sure do!!! I know at IOA they're $5 a day, I would imagine it's probably the same at the Studios...

Karen

I don't think I even want to know where that comment is coming from...........:rolleyes:

Has anyone found any good Universal Park guides... I have found all kinds of tips and stuff of WDW but I cant find anything for Universal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter