1st time cruiser on 3/6/03 wonder

Leslierx

Mouseketeer
I am soooo... excited, I just booked a 3-day cruise on the Wonder for March 6-9. My mother-in-law and I are taking my 3-yr old little princess, and I don't know who is the most excited. None of us have ever been on a cruise before. I have read the Magical Disney Cruise Guide and all of the stuff on the disneycruiser website but still have a few questions. I have heard that
Disney's cabins are larger than most cruise lines, but still don't know what to expcet. We went the el-chepo route and booked an inside stateroom (anyone ever stayed in & have pics of room 7629). Are we crazy to jam 3 people in that size room, or should we be ok? Also, are the shows usually full? How much before they start do you have to line up to get a good seat? Is it ever full and people unable to get in? Does anyone know about the weather in early March and if the pools and Castaway Cay waters are too cold to swim? Also, we are mainly taking this vacation for my daughter, and want us all to be together most of the time, but she would really like some of the activities like tea with Wendy, dancing with Snow White etc.., is it possible just to take her to a couple of those activities without leaving her for a long period of time. Does anyone know approximate prices of soda's and other beverages that are not covered. When you are at Castaway Cay, can your children interact with Disney Caracters without being with the planned children's programs. Does anyone know any good ways to get an upgrade. Do you ask when you board the ship or call before and ask or just do nothing and hope to get one? I would love a room with veranda, but we couldn't make ourselfs pay the price it would cost to get one (almost as much as adding another airfair and person to our cruise!) One last question, when the shore excursions say 2-5 hours does that mean the guided part takes 2 hours, then you can mess around by yourself longer? We would like to do the Discover Atlantis excursion, but don't really want to spend all day there. Does anyone know how long it takes to get there, and in what mode of transportation you get there by, and when you get back, are you fairly close to the ship?Well, that's all for now. Any help would be much appreciated!!! Can't wait to go!!

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Hi Leslie and welcome to the DIS! I'll try and help with a few of your questions. :)

You will be VERY comfortable with three people in a Cat. 11 stateroom. DCL has some of the largest staterooms in the cruise industry and there is plenty of storage space.

The shows are not usually totally full, you will be able to get seats.

The pools on the ship are heated very well and are always warm enough to swim if it's warm enough outside. Castaway Cay is another story, the weather is generally warm but there are cold spells and the water in the winter and spring is cool. Many people still find it warm enough to swim, though.

You can check your daughter in and out of the club as much as you'd like, just check the club Personal Navigator for her age range. You are not allowed to check in or out while they are transitioning kids from one activity area to another.

If you want to upgrade you can inquire about the cost at the port.

The times listed for excursions are the TOTAL time you are gone from the ship. That includes the check-in and transport time for the excursion.

At Castaway Cay there are plenty of photo and interaction opportunities with characters as you enter the island.

Hope that helps a little! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter