1st Hour in DCA on Non-EMH Morning

dnamertz

DIS Veteran
What should our plan be for the 1st hour of DCA during a non-EMH morning. We will be there in mid-Sept or mid-Oct, and staying offsite we will be attempting to start at least one day doing rope-drop at DCA on a morning when there is no EMH. Of course we will do the wide-right technique to ride RSR first thing, but what should our plan be after that?

Are the lines every too long for Luigi's or Mater's that we would need to ride those in the first hour (or can we ride those later with little wait)? We loved TSMM last time we were there, so should that be our next stop after RSR? Only one person in our group is a thrill seaker so Sreamin' and ToT are not a necessity.

I do know that I want to get a FP for RSR for later that evening, so I'll need to be near the FP machine around an hour or hour-and-a-half after park opens. What other rides are a must during the morning to avoid long lines later in the day?

If you want to do Luigi's, I would do it right after RSR. Then I would head down to TSMM which shouldn't have more than a 25 min line by then (assuming you are one of the first ones on RSR using Wide-Right).

Mater's can wait until later. Maters' line DIES down completely during parades, so if you can time that right you shouldn't have to wait more than a couple ride cycles then.

If you want to do Mickey's Fun Wheel I would try and do that as early as possible too because it loads slowly. But most other rides you can use FP or it shouldn't have a bad wait time later.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter